Seventh Chapter

A Twisted Fairytale

The two of us entered the ice cream shop; I was smiling at the cute interior that always made me on a good mood. And today was no exception. Families were occupying some of the seats, children stuffing their mouths full with tasteful ice cream. Eagerly I dragged Yonghyun over to the cashier and the smiling lady standing behind it.

“Nice to see you again Doram.” I greeted her with a smile, I were a frequent costumer here so she knew more than well who I was. I used to go there even at times when Yonghyun wouldn’t fallow. “Ah, you brought your boyfriend with you.” she bowed her head slightly in Yonghyun’s direction before she asked us if we wanted to place our order. “I want my usual one.” And with that I mean two scoops of strawberry ice cream with bits of white chocolate.

After getting our bowls with ice cream we headed over to a table before sitting down. I smiled in delight as the cold treat meet my taste buds. This was truly heaven. “Where did you go yesterday?” huh, Yonghyun was waiting with Seo Won yesterday. My heart skipped a beat when the kiss made its way into my mind again. “I mistook the place and ended up somewhere else.” I avoided his gaze, mainly because I didn’t want him to ask more questions. I felt uneasy about the thought of him getting to know about the kiss.

Instead of letting Yonghyun get time to think about further questions I asked him what they had done. “Nothing much, we spent some time at the club just drinking and dancing. I went home quite early but Seo Won stayed behind though.” I nodded my head. Seo Won and Yonghyun were after all friends so I had nothing to be jealous over, especially since I knew that Seo Won never kept a guy more than a week, and that was max.

Before I got the chance to say something more I heard how Yonghyun’s cell phone sounded and I watched as he glanced at the ID before taking the call and getting up. He motioned with his finger that he would take it outside. I nodded my head and he disappeared out through the door. My gaze was set on him. How his lips parted once in a while as he was speaking.

I tilted my head confused when a huge smile plastered itself upon his lips. Did something happen? I wonder what. But then, our gazes meet and his smile completely faded away. Maybe it wasn’t something good after all. Sighing I returned to my melting ice cream as I grabbed the spoon and shoved it into my mouth.

My eyes darted around, taking in the people around me. It weren’t until now that I noticed that half of them had already left. Had I been so indulged in our conversation and my thoughts that I hadn’t taken any notice of the slowly leaving people? Apparently, because the shop was as good as empty.

“Doram.” My head snap to the side so that I was looking straight at Yonghyun, he had an unreadable expression on his face. “Is there something wrong?” I hesitantly, my guts were telling me that something was indeed wrong. “Sorry, I have to go. My father wants me at home.” he gave me an apologetic gaze as he grabbed his jacket from the chair and slid it on. My mood fell in an instant as he picked up his bag and slung it over his shoulder.

“I’ll see you in school.” and with that he simply walked off, he didn’t even give me a goodbye kiss. I followed him with my eyes as he opened the door and exited, though my air got knocked out of me immediately when I saw who it was that entered at the same time. What the was he doing here?

Hurriedly I grabbed the menu board standing on the table and shielded my face with it. I didn’t want him – them to see that I was present. I couldn’t understand why I suddenly felt like a coward, didn’t I say that I would slaughter him once I got my hands on him. Their laughter’s echoed in my ears, along with a few words and sentences. I shivered upon hearing Hoya’s laughter and voice.

Carefully I brought the menu down a bit so that I were be able to see what they were doing, I cursed in my mind when I meet Hoya’s gaze. My whole vocabulary of curse words boomed in my head. I needed to get the hell out of there, right now. In haste I put the menu back on its original place before I pushed myself up on my feet’s.

That’s how far I got before feeling something pressing against my shoulders, and thus causing me to fall down onto the chair again. My gaze snapped upwards, only to widen at the smirk playing on Hoya’s lips. What does he think he’s doing?

“Yah, get your disgusting hands off of me.” I snarled before I tried to stand up, only to be pushed down once more. I gave him a glare as I watched how he placed himself down on the chair next to me. Soon all of them fallowed Hoya’s example. My eyes immediately landed on a boy sitting across from me. He was pretty, far too pretty. “Are you a girl?” my head tilted to the side in confusion, why would one girl be around these guys?

Laughter erupted and I stared at them, my eyes wandering in-between them all. Did they think I was joking or what? “Ah, noona I’m not a girl.” My eyes widened at him calling me ‘noona’. It felt weird, especially coming from someone that I didn’t even know. “Anyhow, I need to go.” I stated as I reached for my bag from underneath the table, “where? To your cheating boyfriend, didn’t he just leave you here just now?” My head snapped in the direction of the annoying boy sitting on my left; Hoya.

“Yah, you don’t have any right to say that.” I were baffled over how easily he just said that, how can you accuse someone for something like that. He didn’t even know Yonghyun, not like I did and I knew for a fact that Yonghyun would never do something like that. He would never cheat on me. I shot him a glare of hate.

“I hope you ing root away in some rundown apartment, oh right, that’s the only thing you can afford.” I laughed at him playfully. His face hardened as his eyes pierced into mine. Suddenly I felt really weak, as if he was out all the energy from me. I looked down on the table, on my bowl of now melted ice cream before glancing up on them, my gaze shifting in-between them all.

Maybe I went too far this time.

I breathed out a sigh as I closed my eyes shut. Why was he bothering me so much, why couldn’t he just let me be? I fluttered my eyes open and stared cross-eyed at the person before me. His face was too close to mine, and it was truly uncomfortable. “Can I get a kiss.” My eyes widened in horror at the boy’s statement and I yanked backwards when he began to lean in. The problem; I moved too hastily and I fell off the seat on the other side, and thus crashing into Hoya.

“Hm, looks like she only want to kiss Hoya.” the boy who just tried to kiss me huffed from behind and I peered up on the boy I pumped into as I bit my lip. He was gazing down at me, that angry stare was gone. But that fierceness and not to mention, playfulness were still there.

“Playboy.” I muttered out as I composed myself and returned to my seat. “What did you say?” Hoya asked with a tone I’d never heard him use. “You know very well what I said.” I snapped back as I grabbed my bag and slid off my seat. Standing I stared at them, it weren’t until now that I noticed that they are well fairly handsome. They would probably battle against Yonghyun and his friends to be the kingkas at Daewon. But then, why were they doing this? Did they think it was fun to play around like this, to scare girls?

“You know, it’s easier to get a girl that actually wants you than someone who doesn’t.” I pointed out to them, but my eyes were directed at Hoya, as if I was directing it all to just him. “But it’s more fun.” Hoya pointed out and my eyes twitched slightly when he showed of a smirk. How I just wanted to lean forward and wipe that smirk off.

“Okay then, if it’s so fun. Then go after someone that’s in your own league. Someone that’s equally as poor, someone that’s equally as low and then someone who’s equally as ugly as you.” I bit my tongue after letting that slip. Now I’d really taken it too far and I saw it too. They all stared at me, some of them with their mouths hanging while some with a look I couldn’t even put into words. But I felt it. It stung right into my chest.

So that’s how I left them. I couldn’t stay there anymore, didn’t want to see their expressions. Somehow it made me feel all weird inside. I took a last quick glance behind me, my gaze directly at Hoya before I hastily turned around.