Fourth Chapter

A Twisted Fairytale

I jumped around in joy as I turned the music up louder. I’d just been on the phone with my father, he was coming home. He didn’t say exactly which day, but within a week and that was more than enough for me to be happy. I hadn’t seen him in almost three months and I was truly looking forward to meet him, to be able to hug him once again.

“KEEP IT DOWN.” I snickered at my step mother’s words before I turned the music up further. The speakers were pumping out the dance music as I jumped around, my feet’s harshly banging against the floor. I had to tell Seo Won. I almost fell forwards as I bent down to grab my phone from the bed; luckily I composed myself in the last minute.

While giggling I pressed the speed dial pressed it against my ear, it took a few seconds before she answered. I could hear that she was panting hard, as if she’d been out running and precisely stopped just to take the call. “Do – ram.” She stopped mid-sentence to take a breath before she finished off my name.

“Who else would it be?” I stuck my tongue out playfully before I told her about that my father was coming home. “Really that’s great, we should celebrate.” I could almost guess that she would say something like that. She loved clubbing as much as I did so. “Should we meet at the usual place?” I wondered as I glanced at my bedroom door, the handle was being pushed down before it creaked open and revealed Soo Ni. I cursed in my mind.

“Aniyo, my friend told me about this other place, apparently they have a lot of awesome dancers there.” I could hear Seo Won’s voice but I couldn’t recall what she was saying, I was too preoccupied with staring at Soo Ni and she had this huge smug on her lips, something that only pissed me of further.

“I’ll see you at the club the –.” I butted in as Seo Won spoke as I asked where we should meet. After telling me we ended the call and I turned my full attention over at Soo Ni. She was glancing around in my room, her gaze shifting over my things. “What do you want?” I snapped at her, my eyes boring themselves into hers.

“You are disturbing me with your lousy music, I need to study. Something that you probably never heard of.” She scoffed and my eyes widened in annoyance. “At least I have a life.” I retorted back, her smirk dropped and turned into a frown. “You shouldn’t be so confident, you never know when your life is turned up-side-down.” What the hell is that suppose to mean, a threat. I eyed her, was she up to something?

I strode up to her, stopping just inches away. “I know what you are doing, those glances, your attempts to try and steal Yonghyun away from me. Don’t you think I’ve seen it?” a smirk plaster itself upon my lips when I saw how her face fell, gotcha.

“Not so innocent now are we.”

“Anyhow, I don’t have time for you, so.” I pointed at the door, my gaze never leaving hers. To push her down made my day even better. How could she even think she was worthy of Yonghyun, huh. She’s a poor ugly . And I have to see her every day, in school and home. I listen to as she let out a loud sigh before she exited and I shut the door behind her with a slam. Way to ruin my good mood.

I slumped down on my bed and brought my knees up to my chest. Why couldn’t dad come home now? I honestly weren’t too much of a ‘crier’ but when it was about the ones I truly cared and cherished I could cry masses. Real friends and people who loved you for being you were rare, once found, you need to hold onto them.

Tears slipped down and hit my bare legs. Hesitantly I grabbed a hold of my cell phone and pressed myself forward to Yonghyun’s number. I stared at it as memories of the last time when I cried and called him so that he could cheer me up entered my mind. He’d explained that he didn’t have time, his excuse; he needed to study. With that in mind I put my phone back on the night stand. I didn’t want to disturb him with my pathetic tears.

I let my tears fall a few minutes before I pulled myself together. I couldn’t cry now. Today was a happy day. I took a deep breath to clear my thoughts and then scrambled off the bed, grabbing a towel I went into my bathroom to take a shower. Somehow I didn’t want Yonghyun to come clubbing with us today. I didn’t want to let him see my troubles. Once done with that I took a quick glance at the clock, it was already past 9PM and time to get ready.

I grabbed one of my favorite dresses from the wardrobe and slipped it on, it was a typical clubbing dress, only that this one is special made and costs a fortune. My hair was pulled up into a messy bun and my make-up was done in a smoky tone. I took extra much time today; I wanted my appearance to be on top. Just because you got a boyfriend doesn’t mean that you have to look like crap.

With a last check in the mirror I pressed the stop button on my music system and headed for the door. The whole house was quite, far too quite. I tilted my head to the side; my step mother didn’t have any work to go to. She was too lazy for that. Anyhow, it wasn’t like I cared.

Pushing that matter away I walked down the stairs and let my feet’s slip into my favorite high heels before I grabbed my purse, cell phone, wallet and car keys. Crap, where the hell was I supposed to go? I started to think back on what Seo Won had told me before I drove off.

I didn’t think too much of where I was going, my eyes were set on the signs flashing in the night. ‘Pulsating’, that was the name of the club, I think. There, my eyes caught sight of a sign that told me exactly that. After parking my car and getting out I took in the scenery and I scrunched my nose in disgust.

Where the hell was this? Was Seo Won playing around, why did she tell me to go to a club in the worst parts of Seoul? Ugh, I was going to kill that girl once I get my hands on her.

~~

Sorry for the short chapter OTL I'm saying sorry too much.. I promise, Hoya/Infinite will be in the next chapter.