Thirtysixth Chapter

A Twisted Fairytale

I don’t think a flight had ever been so long and nerve wrecking before. I couldn’t even fall asleep due to the fact that I was thinking about him all the time. I got a second chance and I would never let him go ever again. When the plane finally landed at Incheon I practically ran and grabbed my luggage. Dad had already told someone to come and pick me up so I wouldn’t have to worry about taking a bus or cab.

A man greeted me just outside and I hurried to stuff all my things inside and then told the address to where Hoya was living. School was over so he was probably at home; at least that was what I was hoping for. You closer I got to his apartment the more nervous I got. All kinds of thoughts flooded through my mind. What if he was mad at me for not telling him that I would move? Or what if he got a girlfriend?

When his apartment building rose before my eyes I started to doubt whatever I was going to tell him now. I had barely slept anything at all these past days and I don’t know if I would be able to take it if he rejected me. If he did, I would have absolutely nothing to live for. “Madame, we are here?” the chauffeur stated and I gulped down on my saliva as I stared out through the window.

After telling him to wait I pushed open the car door and slid out. I breathed in the air through my nose, taking in all the familiar sentences I’d missed so much before I let it escape as I breathed out. It felt weird that the situation I’d longed for so long was finally here. I gave the door a gentle touch and waited for it to close before I headed towards the entrance and the staircase.

As I stood there outside his door, my mind went blank. Could I simply just say that I love him straight out and wait for him to reply right away. I did honestly not know what I expected to hear or feel for that matter as I knocked on the door. Almost immediately there was footsteps clanking against the floor and I tensed. What if it was his father and not Hoya himself? Crap, why didn’t I think about that before, maybe because I was too occupied with thinking about Hoya.

Well it was too late to hide now.

I watched in anticipation and fear how the door creaked open. My breath caught in my throat and my heart jumped in joy when I saw him standing there just before my eyes. But something had changed, his aura, everything was different. Our gazed locked and he looked utterly surprised to see me. “Hoya I –.” I was cut short by him and I found myself closing my mouth as I waited for him to speak.

“Out, I don’t ever want to see you again.” he roared at me before he slung the door close and locked it. I stood there frozen to the ground as I blankly stared at the door. What just happened? Was he mad because I told everyone else but him that I was leaving? But I had my reasons for doing so. Despite his words I found myself knocking on the door once again. There was a complete silence and nothing happened.

“Hoya.” I breathed out his name; I knew that he was still standing there because my heart felt the closeness that I’d longed to feel. “Go away.” my eyes widened and I backed away from the door shocked, had I heard right? He was crying. Pain stabbed my heart and my legs started to withdraw from the place and I slowly headed back to the car. What the hell was going on, why was he crying?

As I was seated in the car, the thought of Hoya crying entered my mind again. Had I done something wrong? Except for not telling him that I was going to leave? I was so confused right now. Luckily I wouldn’t have to go back to the house were Soo Ni and her mother was still living at, even though they would leave in a couple of days and move to Germany as well. At least I wouldn’t have to deal with those two longer.

I was happy that dad had bought back our old house so I could get my old bedroom once again. Still the house was seriously too big for one person with its nine bedrooms and 13 bathrooms, but that meant I would have a lot of places to play at. The only thing I actually hated was the swimming pool; I had no idea why it had to be there. It was just scary.

Once I’d brought all my luggage inside and said goodbye to the chauffeur I went to take a shower before grabbing my pajama. I would need all the sleep I got today because tomorrow was school. I wonder how they will react when I walk through the school gates, and Hoya, I want to know what’s wrong, because something is definitely that.

~~

Sorry for the really short chapter