Thirtieth Chapter

A Twisted Fairytale

Monday once again arrived and I was sitting at my desk, patiently waiting the school day to end. Today was it; I would officially end it with Yonghyun. Because what was the point of being together with him when I no longer loved him. It would not only hurt me, but him as well if we kept this going. I had during lunch break called him to inform that I wanted to meet him after school. At first he had told me that he would be busy, though when I explained to him that it was important he finally agreed.

The day had painfully moved forward, once in a while I would glance at Hoya only to shift my gaze away when he turned his head in my direction. A throbbing pain echoed in my heart. I couldn’t understand how he couldn’t get the point that I was in love with him. Seriously, either he was the stupidest person walking this earth, or he simply he ignored it, not wanting to face the fact that I’d fallen for him.

During a ten minute break in-between two classes, when Hoya decided to get some fresh air, Woohyun and Sung Yeol hovered themselves over their desks. They wondered why I simply just didn’t tell him how I felt. Well, it wasn’t as simple as that, I was confused. He could be really nice on second only to snap the next. His mood was like a rollercoaster, constantly going up and down.

But then there was another thing, I had already promised myself to not confess to Hoya before I broke it up with Yonghyun. Something that I had kept and most definitely would keep. So I would confess to him after today.

I listened to as the bell rang loudly and I hurried to scrap everything down in my bag as I said a hasty goodbye. They gave me looks of confusion; I smiled in reply before darting off towards the exit. I was going to meet Yonghyun at the park where the two of us first met and that meant that I had to take the subway back to my old neighborhood. Thoughts of how I was going to break it to him made its way back into my head.

I had tried to come up with something I could say. But it wasn’t the easiest, I had never done this before and therefore I had no clue of what to expect. Would he be upset? Would he be sad when I broke up with him? I felt burdened by it. But then again, it would only be an endless suffer if this continued.

Hoya popped up in my mind as I stood there. How close it actually was that we kissed the other day, though, I couldn’t really understand why I pulled away. It wasn’t like I didn’t want to, still that was that thought lingering in my heart. Did he still see this as a game? Or was it something else, something more.

The doors slid open and I stepped out of the cramped space as I made my way towards the right exit. The part itself was located a small walk from the subway station and I found myself tense up more and more the closer I got. Once there and not spotting Yonghyun at the spot we were supposed to meet I bit my lip. It would’ve been easier if he was already here; because that meant that I wouldn’t have any time to rethink my options. I wonder if he feels the same way, that he too wants to break up but don’t have the courage to.

“Doram.” I spun around and came face to face with Yonghyun. There was something by the way his lips were positioned that made me feel a bit uneasy. It felt as if he was about to open his mouth and spill the biggest secret ever. “What did you want to talk about?” he wondered and I could see that he looked a bit irritated and somewhat in a hurry. My pulse rose immediately as I stared up on him, his eyes etching into mine and that feeling of insecurity once again entered. But, this had to end.

“I want to break up.” I stated straightforward as I intensely stared at him, he didn’t even look the slightest surprised over what I’d just uttered. It looked more like he was relieved. It seems as if I weren’t the only one wanting to end this. “So what made you finally do this? That poor nobody from east Seoul?” he was amused and my eyes widened in surprise over the total change of character, and what nobody? Was he referring to Hoya? And when did he become so rude? I was totally lost for words as I blankly stared at him.

“So what, he made me realize something you never did.” I spat back, his eyebrows furrowed as his gaze hardened. “What, that when you’re poor you’re a complete nobody.” He snickered, I couldn’t understand what had gotten into him, had he always been like this?

“No, he has showed me that real love can’t be bought. Do you know that the only ‘love’ you’ve showered me with is clothes and other material things, something that has absolutely no value after a while; you’ve never actually showed me how much you love me.” my voice was stern and I took a deep breath once finished speaking. “So you’re telling me that all those things I’ve bought for you, that you didn’t want them, yeah right.” I don’t think I’ve ever seen him this pissed off.

“It’s not like I didn’t want them, but it would’ve been nicer if you showed your affection in other ways. That you actually took your time to be with me, you always study. There isn’t a day when you’re not studying.” I told him with a saddened heart. But it was true, he had never taken me out to see a movie and once had he taken me to the park. “You know, the past months you’ve really gotten annoying and there’s no wonder why your sister hates you so much.” Why the hell did he have to bring in Soo Ni into this?

“What, are you telling me you’ve been cheating on me with Soo Ni all this time?” I questioned angrily, if he said yes I would kick him so hard where the sun don’t shine that he won’t be able to have kids. “No.” he stated firmly and a huge weigh was lifted off of my shoulders. “But with Seo Won.” My heart literally dropped upon hearing those words. He had cheated on me with Seo Won? “You’re lying, Seo Won would never do that to me.” I retorted back, but as flashbacks of the previous two months, when Seo Won had been out of breath at times when I had called her, or those other times when she said she couldn’t I was starting to doubt myself. Had she been with him all those times?

He didn’t answer back; instead he showed me a picture of him and Seo Won kissing passionately. That’s when it broke. She had been lying to me all this time and Hoya had been right. He was cheating, but how could he know that Yonghyun was cheating on me? A thought of them teaming up together in order to make me feel worthless came to mind. But I soon enough pushed that away; Hoya wouldn’t do something like that. At least I don’t think so. “I guess you lost two things today.” Yonghyun snickered as I stood there, paralyzed over everything that he precisely had told me.

“I may have lost two things, but I’ve gained seven.” I replied, referring to the seven boys that entered my life two months ago. If it weren’t for them – Hoya then I never would’ve had the courage to do this. “Do you truly think you can be happy with him?” he questioned as he stuffed his phone back down in his pocket. Confidence filled the yes I told him. But truthfully, I was everything but confident right now. My best friend had lied to me for so long, my boyfriend had cheated on me. And then we had Hoya, whom I loved so much but still hadn’t confessed to. “Within months, you’ll be tired of him, just see. Then you’ll come crawling back.” He smirked before suddenly walking away.

I stared after him, my blood was boiling and my heart was in a complete mess. Despite all that, I was more than sure that it wouldn’t happen. I would never come crawling back. Why would I when I’m happier now than I’ve ever been in my whole life.