Twelfth Chapter

A Twisted Fairytale

I stared at the persons before me; there were four of them to be exact, and all of them seemed somewhat drunk. I took a step backwards when one of them leaned his face closer towards mine, his stinky breath met my nostrils and I turned away in disgust. “A pretty girl like you shouldn’t be out at this hour.” His voice was unsteady and I tensed when feeling how his grip around my jacket hardened.

“Can you let go, I’m in a hurry.” I spoke as calm as possible. But to be truly honest, I felt anything but calm, I were scared to death and only wished for Yonghyun to come and save me from this situation. But I knew that it would never happen, Yonghyun would never in his life step inside this part of Seoul.

“Don’t be such a party crasher, let’s have some fun.” The old man that were tightly holding onto my jacket spoke and his friends agreed. Everyone did, except for me. I tried to wriggle my arm away from his grasp but the only thing I reserved from trying to escape was a hard slap over my left cheek. A burning sensation was left as my eyes widened in surprise and fear. This was middle-aged men were talking about, shouldn’t they know how to behave. I guess all your common sense leaves when you’re drunk. God, is that how I behave when I’m drunk?

My heart rate was increasing, why couldn’t someone walk past and like help me out? Was that truly too much to ask for. “Let go.” My voice broke at the end and I saw how the man’s lips turned into a smirk. Crap, Doram don’t show any weakness. It was easier said than done in this situation, this was truly creeping me out.

My pulse shot to its maximum when I felt how the man started to pull me along. To where I didn’t know and I surely didn’t want to find out either. I was starting to panic as I flailed around with my arm, trying to free myself. But it was all in vain. What was I going to do now? I began to think about my options, after a while a light bulb blinked in my head and I took a quick look at the grip the man had around my arm.

It wouldn’t hurt to try out one more time. In a swift and fast movement I let my arm slid out off the jacket, the man didn’t even have time to react as I headed down the street. My high heels clacked against the asphalt as I tried to run. The warm summer breeze that were now brushing against my bare arms had turned colder and I was starting to freeze. That stupid man now had my favorite jacket in his possession.

Hastily I glanced behind me to see if they were still fallowing, and to my fear they were. But since they were influenced by alcohol they were rather slow, something that I was more than happy about, otherwise they probably would’ve caught up with me.

I turned the corner and in front of me, a few tens of meters were one of Hoya’s friends, the one that hadn’t spoken anything, at least not what I’d heard. He was walking towards me and in fear of Hoya suddenly appearing out of nowhere I lost my balance and fell forward. My knees harshly brushed against the hard ground and I let out a low yelp at the rush of pain that invaded me.

I could hear heavy footsteps in the distance, they were creeping closer and I was starting to freak out. I tried to stand up but my legs gave away and I tumbled back down. My gaze shifted to my knees, they were both smeared with blood that was slowly trickling down. I bit my lip before turning my attention to Hoya’s friend. I hadn’t noticed that he was standing just next to me. His lips were in a thin line and his eyes were emotionless.

My head snapped around at the sound of them getting closer and I once again tried to stand up, it went better but my legs were shaking violently and I had a hard time standing up. How was I being able to run when I barely could stand?

“Girly we just want to have some fun.” The voice was really close and for the first time in a really long time I was beyond terrified. After everything I’d said to Hoya and his friends I hardly doubted that the guy before me would help me. Maybe that was why I got so surprised when he reached out his hand towards me. I looked between him and his hand, as if I had a hard time believing that he was actually trying to help me.

Though, all those thoughts left me in an instance when it came up to me that it was either receiving help from him or getting dragged away by those men. Hesitantly I let my hand slid into his before he pulled me along. My legs were pretty unsteady and I told him that I couldn’t continue; I was exhausted. He didn’t say anything and I tilted my head in confusion when he pushed me inside an alley. What was he doing?

I listened to as the footsteps of the men were slowly starting to fade away before it turned into completely silence. It was almost so quiet that I could hear my own heart beating. Carefully I turned to look at him, his eyes bored themselves into mine and I blinked my eyes rapidly a few times.

“Are you mute?” I wanted to hit myself for asking something as stupid as that. I noticed that his eyes flickered, as if he was surprised. “I’m not mute.” He stated and I were a bit taken aback by his dark, somewhat alluring tone. A wind of cold air swept over us and I began to shatter my teeth’s as I rubbed my arms. Right now I hated myself for slipping out of my jacket and let them take it. My favorite jacket was gone. I sulked at the thought of how much it cost me.

My body tensed when I felt him placing his own jacket over my shoulders. I pouted as I stared up at him. His eyes had softened and I began to feel uneasy. I weren’t too used about people showing sympathy towards me, mainly because people hated me. Being a queenka sure had its upsides but with that fallows downsides as well.

“I, ehm, thank you.” I stumbled on my words, to be honest, I’d never said thank you to anyone else besides my father and then my mother when she were still alive, so just the thought of saying that to someone I didn’t even know was unfamiliar. My eyes fluttered open and close a few times as I wondered what I was supposed to do now, I couldn’t walk up straight.

“I need to go.” I pointed to the street outside the alley as I slowly let his jacket slid off my shoulders before reaching it out for him to take. Something he didn’t do, instead he told me to take it. Hesitantly I let my arms slid into the arms of the jacket before I zipped it close. It hung onto me like a dress and I let out a low giggle. It was almost covering more than my dress was.

“You’re attending Goyang right?” I asked, since I wanted to know when I could give the jacket back to him. He let out a yes before telling me that he was in 2B. So he was a year younger than me then. “Then can I give it back to you on Monday?” I wondered; I weren’t too sure if he would agree or not, especially since he might want to get it back before that day. “It’s okay.” He reassured me and I gave him a hasty nod before taking a step forward. My legs gave in immediately and I tumbled forwards and thus almost crashing into the wall, but before actually doing so I felt a hand grasping itself around my wrist and bringing me back into a standing position.

I blinked my eyes as I looked up at him, once again had he helped me out. I let a sigh escape my lips, now I would probably be in debt to him. “Get on.” My mouth fell open as I watched how he bent down and motioned for me to get on. No way.

Despite that it were already dark the small lamps lighting up the streets shone over his face and as seconds past I saw that his facial features were hardening. As if he was starting to get pissed off. I closed my eyes as I gently placed myself on his back. My knees arched like hell at the movement. Still, this was probably better than having to walk home. Crap, home and what about Seo Won and clubbing. I let out a frustrated groan inside my head. I was going to miss out on yet another night together with Seo Won.

His sudden movement when standing up made me startled and I slung my arms around his neck in order to not fall off. I heard how he let out a chocking sound and I lessened my grip slightly as I said a low sorry.

“Where do you live?” my blood froze upon hearing his question. no; I couldn’t let him bring me home like this, bleeding and all. My dad would kill him and then I would get Hoya after me. Hell no, I don’t want to die. “I can’t go home.” I spoke straightforward. I would rather sleep outside one night than being killed by Hoya. He stopped in his tracks before asking me why.

“Because my dad will kill you and then Hoya will kill me.” I explained and I could feel how his body tensed at my words. Either he was scared of my dad or he was concerned over the fact that Hoya would do something stupid. I felt how he heaved sigh before he continued walking; we were heading down the street and in the opposite direction of where I was living. I stared ahead of us, house after house rose before my eyes before I asked him where we were going.

“I’m taking you to my place.” My eyes snapped open in disbelief; he was taking me to his place, the thought of how he was living, and with who made me uneasy. His house was probably worse than mine. Maybe I should’ve let him take me home after all, a frightened thought of him living in a dump made me move around in fear. “Could you stay still.” He stated and I froze in my position. I muttered a low sorry as cold wind brushed against my face. Carefully I nuzzled my body closer to his as I placed my head against his back. The warmth of his body made me shiver in delight.

I don’t know how long we’d been walking until he suddenly came to a stop and I looked up. Just as predicted. It was a low rise apartment building with nut of paint and I could hear screams leaving a few of the windows. How could someone even live like this? But then again, my situation right now weren’t much better.

He headed up the staircase before letting a key slid inside the door lock to an apartment on the third floor. To be honest, I felt a bit bad about him carrying me up the stairs. The scene that met me was horrifying. It stank of alcohol and there were garbage scattered all over the floor. Somehow I pitied him. I didn’t know why though, I’d never pitied or felt sorry for anyone before. Maybe because this was the first time I actually saw how a poor person actually was living.

“It’s kind of messy.” He apologized as he carefully set me down onto the floor before he began to clean up. He shoved the garbage down into bags before shuffling them away. He ordered me to sit down on the couch. I made a face as I bit my bottom lip. The couch had spots of dirtiness and at some places it was even torn and the filling was poking out.

“I know this place isn’t up to your standards but it was you who told me that you didn’t want to go home.” he was right. I did say that I didn’t want to go home and I should’ve excepted that he would bring me to a place like this. So maybe I have to suit myself this time.

I gazed at him before looking down on the couch while a sigh escaped my lips. I dragged my feet’s over to it before placing myself down at the place with lest dirtiness and no holes. Suddenly he headed off, leaving me there as I looked around. There was nothing special at all, only dirty clothes on the floor along with some more garbage and beer bottles. But there was one thing that caught my attention, a picture frame.

Hesitantly I pushed myself upon my feet’s before I made my way over and picked it up. It was a picture of a family, a mother, a father and two sons. I recognized one of them as Hoya’s friend. Crap, I can’t call him ‘Hoya’s friend’ forever. I felt a bang of sadness sweep over me when I stared at the woman. It was times like this when I truly missed my own mother.

“What are you doing?” hurriedly I placed the frame down before I turned around as I came face to face with him. He had a bottle of something in his hands along with pads and plaster. I noticed that his eyes had turned into a darker shade and I fidgeted with the end of his jacket. I did something I probably shouldn’t have done. Go through his personal stuff.

“I’m sorry I di –.” I were cut short as he told me to sit down again, without further ado I did as he said and slowly walked over towards the couch again. I carefully sat down and watched how he unscrewed the cap of the bottle before dabbing a pad with the liquid. “This is going to hurt.” He warned me before pressing the pad against one of my knees. I had to press my lips together in order to not scream.

My hands harshly grabbed onto his jacket as he dabbed and cleaned my wound away from blood and dirt. After he was done with the first one he carefully put a plaster onto it before continuing with the next one. Once he was finally done I let out a sigh of relief.

The thought of his family popped up in my mind and I took a quick glance at him as he was placing the things away. “Where’s your family?” it came out rather rushed and I saw how his head snapped in my direction. He didn’t look too happy about my question.

“Sorry, I shouldn’t have asked that.” I looked away from him as I stood up; maybe it was time to go home after all. I carefully dragged my feet’s towards the outer door where my high heels were standing. Just the thought of having to wear them right now made me a bit sad. It was going to hurt that was one thing for sure. Either how, I’d troubled him more than enough already. Though I stopped half way and turned towards him when he told me to wait. A sigh escaped his lips.

“My parents are dead so I’m living with my older brother.” He wasn’t looking at me as he told me, so both his parents were dead. God and I think having one parent that is dead is more than tough enough. But then where was his brother? My gaze shifted down and I stared at the floor. “But where’s your brother then?” I asked and he simply answered that either he was working or out drinking. Apparently he was never at home except for taking an occasional shower and changing clothes once in a while.

I found myself saying sorry again. I don’t think I’d said sorry this many times before in just one day. But then again, I’d never experienced something like this before. I’d been living of my father’s money practically my whole life, I always got what I pointed at and I could easily spend hundreds of thousands of won on just one day. So this situation was new to me, having to think about money all the time.

“But I should go home, my dad is probably wondering where I am.” I said and he immediately was at my side in an instance. “Then I’ll walk you home.” he started to put his shoes on as I stared at him. Was he really going to walk me home? Curiously I asked him why he would do it. “Because it’s not safe to walk alone at this hour.” There was something in his voice that made me shiver; it was as if there were murders out there waiting for me.

Right, I didn’t know his name since he hadn’t told me and it felt weird to call him Hoya’s friend all the time. “What’s your name?” I wondered as I slid into my shoes and fixed the straps. “MyungSoo, Kim MyungSoo.” A small smile appeared on my lips. Now I knew three of their names, only four to go then.

We headed outside and he locked the door. There was a question pondering inside my head, a question I really wanted to ask. “MyungSoo?” there was no use trying to be formal after all I’ve been telling them. He acknowledged my try to get his attention. “Do you all, I mean, do the other six also come from broken homes?” I didn’t know if I had the right to ask such a question, especially since I didn’t really know any of them.

“Mm, we all come from broken homes.” He stated and I decided to not ask anything more and just walk. At least I’d gotten to know about MyungSoo and the other guys a bit more. The walk to my house was kind of awkward, I didn’t have anything to say and obviously he didn’t have either.

Once we reached my house he stared at it before letting out a low amused laughter and I rolled my eyes, I knew exactly why he was laughing. Because I was just like them now, poor. Something that I didn’t think was equally as funny as he thought. “Not funny.” I muttered under my breath before biding goodbye.

I stepped inside the house and ped the jacket I had on, ah crap, MyungSoo’s jacket. Why didn’t he say something? I hurried to open the outer door but he was already gone. I guess I’ll give it back on Monday then. After taking my shoes of I headed upstairs and into my room before sliding the jacket off of me. A small smile lit up my lips; at least he was nice enough to walk me home. But that smile died away when I remembered that Yonghyun had never done that, walked me home.

~~

I've been writing on this one the whole day =S OMG Infinite's MV for Nothing's Over, keke love the ending even though I have no clue why Hoya is climbing that ladder XD