Thirtyseventh Chapter

A Twisted Fairytale

My heart was constantly hitting my ribcage as I with a steady phase headed up the hill towards Goyang high school. It was less than six months until graduation and I were more than happy about that. It meant end of school. But then again, I had no clue of what I wanted to do after that. Continue to study or start working, maybe travel?

I took a deep breath before I passed the gates. A small smile lit my face as I stared upon the school I first hated but now had missed. My smile grew wider as I saw the backs of all of them, except for Hoya. I quickened my phase before I started running towards them. I let my arms circle around MyungSoo’s neck as I jumped up on his back. All of them came to a stop as they turned to look at the person on MyungSoo’s back, were pretty sure they didn’t think it would be me.

“Noona.” Sungjong’s eyes were wide open as if he couldn’t believe what he was seeing; Woohyun and Sung Yeol had a similar reaction. “What are you doing here?” Woohyun suddenly blurted and I pouted. “Why, you don’t want me here?” I asked hurt but soon all of them said that they indeed wanted me here. I let my head rest against MyungSoo’s as I looked at them. I couldn’t understand how I’d despised them at first. Well, I had hated everything that had anything to do with east Seoul.

“So did you tell Hoya yet?” the WooYeol couple said at the same time and I buried my face in the nape of MyungSoo’s neck, I didn’t want to think about what happened yesterday. I could feel how his body tensed under me as tears trickled down my cheeks. “Why are you crying?” MyungSoo wondered and I found myself pressing my body closer to his. “Because he told me that he never wanted to see me again.” I murmured out, my lips brushing against the exposed skin on his neck.

Silence filled the air and I could hear Woohyun and Sung Yeol whispered in-between each other. Curiously I tilted my head in their direction and they immediately stopped. “Do you know something?” I asked as I let my body slid down from MyungSoo’s back before I strode up to them. I eyed them suspiciously before I once again asked them the same question.

They exchanged glances and then turned towards me. “All we now is that Hoya’s mother left him when he was eight without even telling him.” I stared at them, a whole mixture of different feelings swirling around in my heart. So I did the exact same thing as his mother did. Leave without even noticing him, no wonder he was mad and never wanted to see me again.

The bell rang, indicating that the school was about to start.

Yet I didn’t move from my spot as the other four started to head inside. I could already tell that Hoya was not going to come to school. He probably already knew that I would be here. But then again, he can’t avoid this place for six months. My gaze wandered from the building in front to the guys, they had stopped and were now waiting for me to get inside. But something was pulling and tugging at my chest to go to Hoya. I wanted – needed to explain.

“I need to go.” I said in a rush before I my heel and darted towards the gates. I could hear voices behind me shouting at me to do well. I showed them a thumps up as I skidded past the teacher that was standing at the gate, welcoming the students with a tired smile. He yelled after me to get inside after that I’d past him by, but I only ignored him and headed down the street and towards Hoya’s apartment.

My heart pounded to the hasty steps I was taking, my feet’s harshly slammed against the asphalt as I dodged incoming people. Once in a while I would run into someone only to give them a rushed apologize. This was really it; I needed to gain all the courage I could because I couldn’t just let him slip away for the second time.

I stared ahead of me; the building was soon going to rise before me. I came to an abrupt stop just outside. What if he wouldn’t let me speak and just ignore me again? If he didn’t share the same feelings as I did for him then I had absolutely no reason to stay here, then I could move to Germany without having that feeling nagging in my heart. Because then it would’ve been settled.

My knock was gentle as I stood there, intensely listening to any kind of sound coming from inside the apartment. There was none. It was dead silent and I felt my heart drop. Though, just as I was about to leave I heard something hard crash against the floor and I started to knock again, this time even harder. It was actually more banging than gently trying to get attention. “Hoya open, I know you’re there.” I stated as I let my fist met the wood.

“GO AWAY.” he yelled, the words hitting me like bullets but I continued. It didn’t matter if I would have to stay here the whole day. “NO.” I roared back, soon I began to use my foot and that’s when I heard someone walking towards the door before it was being unlocked and opened. I didn’t hesitate to push past him as I entered, my eyes scanned the room; I didn’t want his father to be around to hear my confession. After that I’d taken notice that he weren’t around I turned my attention back to Hoya.

“I’m sorry.” I don’t think I’ve uttered that with so much honesty before. I truly felt sorry for all the pain I seemed to have caused him. I froze in my place as he walked up to me; he stopped barely a meter away, his gaze burning into mine. “You’re sorry for what, that you told everyone but me that you were moving, or the fact that you didn’t care about what I felt.” He roared, his eyes flaming with anger, yet I didn’t tear my gaze away from his.

“Don’t you see; that’s exactly why I didn’t tell you. Because I was afraid of what you would feel, that I wouldn’t be able to leave you.” I murmured out, his eyes flashed in surprise and I tensed when I felt his hand grip around my arm. But I knew he wouldn’t hurt me because he’d promised to protect me. “You know, you left on the exact same way my mother did. Without saying anything, she simply left me with that man to raise me. He may be my father but he has never once showed me that side.” he stated, his grip around my arm hardened and I winched slightly. I felt myself weaken under his stare and so was my heart, it was twisting and turning.

“Anyhow, you can leave now.” My eyes widened in surprise at his statement, why was he in such a rush to get over with this? He tugged on my arm as he pulled me to the door. Voices in my head screamed at me to tell him now. “I can’t.” I blurted out and he immediately came to a stop as he looked down on me, his dark orbs piercing into mine and I felt my heart melt.

“Why?” he wondered and I could hear the irritation in his voice, “because you have something that’s mine.” he released the grip he had around my arm and spun me around so that I was facing him once again. “I haven’t stolen anything that’s yours.” He stated in a voice louder than usual.

“You have, but you can keep it. I don’t want anyone else to have it anyway.” I stated as I searched his eyes. He was so confused, but for once I could actually understand him. “What?” OMG, was he seriously so stupid, I’ve practically given him hints all over the place the past month. I took a step forward as I then gently placed my head against his chest. The beatings of his heart were exactly like mine, thumping in the same rhythm. A foolish smile lit my lips as I pulled back and stared up on him.

“The day before I left I gave you something –.” I started but was interrupted when he pulled the heart necklace from his pocket and asked me if it was the one I meant. After giving him a light nod I continued. “That heart is supposed to present mine. That is why I gave it to you because I don’t want anyone else to have it.” I explained further, my eyes never leaving his.

“I love you.” the words that I’d longed for so long to slip from my lips finally did. A shiver ran down my spine when I felt his hand under my chin, tilting it upwards. Fireworks erupted in my heart when he crashed his lips onto mine. My arms sneaked around him as I felt one of his hands around my neck, pulling me closer as his tongue graced my bottom lip. Willingly I let his tongue slip past as he deepened the kiss. I could barely believe that this was true. I was really kissing him, and with my own free will this time.

A moment later he withdrew, a tad disappointed I pouted as I stared up on him just as he leaned in next to me ear. “If I tell you the same, will you give me what you promised Ari?” I could hear the alluring smirk in the tone of his voice; I blushed a deep shade of red when I remembered what I had promised to give him. “No.” I stated in a mixture of serious and playfulness, my blush still evident as our gazes met.

“I guess I’ll have to convince you then.” He brought me in for another breathtaking kiss as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

~~

NOT THE END