Thirtyfirst Chapter

A Twisted Fairytale

Hesitantly I opened the door to the house, I were still too indulged in the thoughts of Yonghyun and Seo Won. I couldn’t believe that they had been doing that behind my back. And Seo Won who had always been my best friend since we were little. My head was hanging as I slipped out off my shoes, a sigh rolled of my tongue.

“Doram.” My eyes widened and I stared up at my father who was walking out from the living room. When did he come home, why didn’t he call before so that I could get home earlier? I practically ran up to him before wrapping my arms around his rather too large waist. I cried into his chest as he comfortably patted my back. “So, so I have good news.” He told me and I pulled away as I with watery easy looked up on him. He didn’t tell me much more than that I should go inside the living room, the other two was apparently seated there as well. Without saying anything I did as he told me to.

Once my father had placed himself down he smiled at all of us. My father smiling was nothing that happened often, definitely not. “The company is back up again and is running stronger than ever.” My dad announced and listened to as Soo Ni and her mother cheered. Though, I had this feeling that there was something more to it. Something he was yet to say. “We are moving again.” I knew it; there was something he waited with to tell.

Soo Ni and her mother immediately asked where we were going to move. So did this mean we were going to move back to the old house? I sulked because that meant I would have to transfer school again, I think, or could I still attend Goyang?

“That’s what I wanted to talk about, we are not moving back to the old house. Since the company is expanding in Europe, we are going to move to Germany.” Dad explained and my heart stopped, no, this couldn’t be true, I couldn’t move to Germany. That was a complete new country on the opposite side of the world. But I couldn’t disappoint dad either. Though, I seemed to be the only one saddened by the fact that we were moving once again.

My gaze fell to the ground as I listened to the none family members talk about how fun it would be to move to another country. Of course those two were happy, they were gold diggers. I excused myself with telling that I didn’t feel too well, it wasn’t a lie. In fact, I felt horrible. It wasn’t like I wasn’t happy that the company was back on its feet’s. But I didn’t want to leave, not now when I loved someone here, someone I didn’t want to let go.

Once inside my bedroom I slumped down on my bed before burying my face in the pillow to muffle my cries. Why did this have to happen right now? Why couldn’t it have happened in a few years instead, because then I wouldn’t have to fallow to Germany. Though, it was my father after all, he was the last relative I had left so I would need to come with him.

Maybe it was never meant to be, Hoya and me.

I shot up in bed and hurried to wipe my tears away after that I’d heard a knock on the door. I replied with a faint ‘come in’ before the door was opened. My father entered and sat down next to me. I could see the worry written in his forehead. So he noticed that I hadn’t turned as happy as the other two. But I had my reasons for that.

“Do you mind telling me what’s wrong?” he asked as he placed an arm around my shoulder and brought me closer to him. I sighed at the thought of having to leave Hoya and Sungjong and MyungSoo and –, all of them. A droplet of tear ran down my cheek before it stained my shirt. “Is it about having to leave Yonghyun?” he wondered and I shook my head. “I broke up with him today.” I told him truthfully and I saw how surprise flickered in his eyes. He knew how ‘madly’ in love I’d been, but that was a long time ago.

“Then, why does it feel like you don’t want to move.” he stated. I didn’t want to move, that he got more than right, but would he understand if I told him, no. “Ah, I was just shocked, I’m more than happy that we’ll be moving.” my mouth ranted on despite the enormous pondering pain in my heart. Such a liar I was, but my father seemed to buy it either how. “That’s good to hear because we’re leaving on Saturday.” He announced as he smiled at me, I really tried to reply that smile but I couldn’t.

I felt like dying when my father closed the door behind himself after leaving. We were moving so soon, I thought in a month’s time or something. Not within a week, or five days as it was now. Maybe it was for the best if I just started to forget about Hoya now. It would never be. I’d finally found the one and only person that had made me this happy, the only one that have moved my heart so much. At least I wouldn’t have to deal with Yonghyun and Seo Won ever again. Though, I had other persons I needed to tell.

I cried myself to sleep that night, only to wake up with panda eyes the next morning. They were red and puffy. How awesome, they would easily notice that I’d been crying and asking me why. Crap, I had to find something to ease the puffiness. I found a cucumber lying in the refrigerator, so after slicing two small circles I put them over my eyes.

Just because of all that commotion I arrived late to school. But that didn’t bother me the slightest because next week I would be attending school in Germany and not here. “Doram you’re late.” The teacher informed me as I slid past her without even acknowledging her words before I sat down at my desk.

“Why do you have panda eyes?” Hoya whispered into my left ear and I shivered as his breath tickled the sensitive skin. “Because of you.” I retorted back without even thinking. He gave me a confused look before asking what he had done in order for me to cry. Though I didn’t answer him because I couldn’t tell him the truth and there was absolutely no point in even lying since he would be able to tell if I did.

I ignored him for the rest of the day; I ignored all of them, Sungjong and MyungSoo during lunch, WooYeol during the breaks. But the person I hated to ignore the most was Hoya. It hurt me that he would never know about my undying love for him.