Twentysecond Chapter

A Twisted Fairytale

”Doram are you sure about this?” Seo Won asked me as we were standing in the line to the club. I could sense that she was a bit afraid. But if you kept yourself in place and didn’t do anything to make anyone angry then there was practically nothing to worry about. “Relax, I’ve been here before and nothing happened.” I reassured her as the line moved forward, it would soon be our turn to enter and get into the pulsating club. I’d already asked Sungjong earlier today if they were going to perform at the club tonight as well and they would.

A few minutes later the two of us entered, Seo Won didn’t looked equally as pleased as I was, mainly because this club were nothing in comperance to the ones we usually went to. We went to put away our belongings inside a locker before she grabbed the key and put it around her wrist. She thought that it was the best if she had it, considering that her belongings were more expensive than mine.

“So, where’s the guy you were going to introduce me to?” I turned to face Seo Won; she was staring around the place, as if she was looking for the said guy, or in this case guys. I was going to introduce her to the seven of them. Though, come to think of it, I hadn’t seen or heard the car passing by while we were waiting to get inside. But Sungjong said that they would be here.

A sudden feeling of disappointment entered me and my gaze sank to the floor. So Seo Won wouldn’t be able to meet them today. I heaved a sigh just before the whole room turned pitch black, with an exception of a few lamps and the music changed into a heavier beat. That feeling of disappointment washed away immediately when the light switched on and they were all standing on the stage. My eyes wandered in-between them all.

I could feel my stomach flip and flutter slightly when Hoya did one of his freestyle parts. You could easily tell that they all loved to dance by the expressions and how happy they actually seemed to be.

My cheeks heated when my eyes landed on MyungSoo and images of what happened earlier today came back. I could still not understand that the person I’d actually kissed with my own free will was MyungSoo. Other than that all the kisses had been stolen from me, with an exception of that time when I kissed Sung Yeol to get to know where MyungSoo’s homeroom was. Hoya and Sung Yeol had each stolen one kiss from me.

“Doram?” my gaze broke free from MyungSoo as I turned my attention to Seo Won. She extended her hand and told me to take the drink she’d bought. When did she have time to buy it? Hesitantly I looked down on the shot in my hand. I’d gotten all weird last time after drinking, so I weren’t too sure if I should pour it down my throat this time. At least Seo Won didn’t seem to care; she downed two shots after one another.

I gently placed the glass to my lips before letting the strong liquid run down my throat. “So, the guy?” she wondered once again and I told her that he would be here soon, I didn’t include that it was seven guys, mainly because she would probably think I were weird or something.

The music ended and I hurried to put down the glass on the table in front before I told Seo Won to wait. She gave me a confused look, neither less I walked off as I pushed myself through the crowd that were once again entering the dance floor. I wonder if Sungjong told the others that I would be here. Though, I hadn’t included the part that a friend of mine would come with me today to Sungjong. So if he had told them that I was here then they didn’t know about Seo Won.

I spotted Sungjong standing next to the stage, though I couldn’t see anyone else. Don’t tell me they left. I practically ran over to Sungjong before asking him where the rest was. He gave me an apologetic look as he explained that he’d forgotten to tell them that I was here and that they were outside, heading home. “The same exit as last time?” I pointed in the direction of where I’d first met them. “Mm.” I told him to wait there as I hurried over to the exit before pushing the heavy door open.

But they weren’t there either, crap, crap, crap. I turned to look in the alley that led down towards the street. A smile lit up on my face as I saw them. “YAH, STOP.” I yelled, my lungs vibrating at the huge amount of energy I were using. They all came to a stop as I headed over to them, stopping just meters away as they turned around.

My gaze met Hoya’s and I hastily changed my focus to the wall behind him as I told them to get inside again. “Why?” Hoya’s skeptical voice met my ears and I narrowed my eyes at him. A part of me didn’t want to tell him that a girl was inside wanting to see them because they would all run in again. A sigh echoed in my head.

“My best friend is inside and she wants to meet you.” I spoke, my eyes still piercing into Hoya’s; I couldn’t tear my gaze away from his because I wanted to see how he reacted. I didn’t even know why it bothered me so much. “Is she rich?” I broke my gaze away from Hoya as I rolled my eyes at Woohyun’s stupid question. “Her family owns one of Korea’s biggest companies.” I explained and I could literally see the money sign glistering in his eyes.

“She’s mine.” Woohyun shouted as he began to head back to the club in the speed of light. Soon all of them were running except for Hoya and MyungSoo. The latter one was slowly heading back to the club whilst Hoya was completely standing still. She was rich, why wasn’t he too running to get her like the others were. I could hear how the door slammed close and the only one not inside was Hoya and I.

“Are you trying to be some matchmaker is that it?” his words caught me by surprise, why did he think that. I just wanted to let them get to know Seo Won. Was there something wrong with that? “I’m not trying to be some matchmaker, I just wanted –.” I stopped when it come up to me that I actually had no clue of why I wanted Seo Won to meet them. “You what?” he raised an eyebrow as he stared down at me.

“Could you just stop with that.” I snapped at him, why was he always trying to turn everything around, always trying to make me look stupid. “Why?” that grin appeared on his lips and I let my shoulders sink in defeat. There was no idea in even trying. With a last glance at him I my heel and walked away. I couldn’t force him inside, it was his choice.

I yelped when I felt his hand gripping around my wrist, the one that was in such an amount of pain that it was pulsating. I turned around in haste as I told him to let go, something he also did after a second. The light outside was shining down on us and I could see how my wrist was blue and bruised.

“Who did that?” I broke my gaze away from the bruise before I settled it at him as I hid my hand behind my back. “No one, I should get inside, they’re waiting.” with that I left him standing there as I headed inside. The guys were at the stage, waiting at the spot where I’d left Sungjong. I told them to fallow after me as we proceeded towards the table Seo Won was at.

“There you are; I thought you left me.” Seo Won bawled as I strode up to her, the guys, except for Hoya was just behind. I motioned for the guys to step forward and soon all of them were surrounding the table. Seo Won gave me a look as she mouthed a question of wonder. “Seo Won, this is the guys I wanted to introduce you to, well one isn’t here and I don’t think he will come. Anyhow, those two is in my class.” I pointed at Woohyun and Sung Yeol, and then with heated cheeks I told her that MyungSoo was in a class below me before telling her that Sungjong was two classes below me. She gave me a confused nod.

My eyes wandered over to the oldest of them, Dongwoo and Sungkyu. “Those two is in university already.” I pointed out and she smiled before asking about the guy that weren’t present. How old he was.

“I’m in her class.” My eyes widened and my head turned in the direction of his voice, so he did decide to get inside. I couldn’t hide that I felt happy about it. But the smile that had plastered itself upon my lips after seeing him collapsed in an instant when I saw the looks Seo Won gave him. I knew those looks and they could only mean one thing. She wanted him, and if she wanted something, she always got it.

There was an awkward silence, which Dongwoo decided to break with dragging Sungkyu, MyungSoo and Sung Yeol to the dance floor. Soon the four of them had vanished into the crowd of dancing people. My heart flipped around uneasily when Seo Won pulled Hoya towards the dance floor as well.

I stared down at the table; some of Seo Won’s glasses were still filled and I grabbed one in haste before downing it all in one go. Still, the uncomfortable feeling lingering inside me was still there and I grabbed another one. The strong liquid burning its way down. She’s dancing with Hoya for god’s sake, not Yonghyun. “You okay?” Sungjong asked and honestly, I didn’t know what to say. I felt terrible.

“You’re jealous, aren’t you?” Woohyun snickered and for once I didn’t feel like saying something, I was afraid that what he said was true. Was I jealous of Seo Won? I shook my head bewildered. It was Hoya. Oh god, I’ve totally lost it, I’m going insane. I had to say Yonghyun’s name over and over again in my head. I had Yonghyun, I loved him. There was no one else but Yonghyun in my life.  

How can I even be jealous when I don’t even like him at all?

I picked up another shot of alcohol. It was the easiest way to numb the pain. It didn’t take all too long before I felt the need of throwing up. I excused myself from Sungjong and Woohyun before darting of towards the ladies room. I hovered over the toilet as everything that I’d downed the past hour was coming up. Not the most pleasant feeling.

Once done with that I rinsed my mouth before plopping a gum inside. No more alcohol for me tonight. I let out a sigh as I stared at my reflection in the mirror in front. After taking a deep breath I composed myself as much as I could before walking out of there.

As I returned I saw that Hoya was sitting on a chair around the table. But I couldn’t see Seo Won anywhere. Maybe she went to buy more drinks since I drank all hers. I placed myself down next to Sungjong before grabbing his hand. It made me feel safer in some weird way.

After a while and with no Seo Won in sight I began to worry, she must’ve been gone for at least fifteen minutes. “Where’s Seo Won?” I asked to no one in particular as I scanned the surroundings, you never knew with that girl. She could be at the table next to you flirting with some random guy.

“She headed home.” Hoya simply answered and my blood froze. He was kidding wasn’t he; this was just a part of his game. “I’m serious.” I stated; I weren’t really in the mood for jokes right now. “I’m telling you the truth.” His tone was harsher and I turned my attention towards Woohyun to get it confirmed. “The man over there turned her down when she tried to hit on him.” Woohyun pointed at Hoya as he spoke, once finished he shook his head as he told Hoya that he was stupid for turning such a girl down. To be honest, I was surprised. No one had ever turned Seo Won down before.

‘.’ The word echoed in my head when I remembered that Seo Won had the key to the locker where all my things were, awesome. My cell phone and hoodie was in there. “Did she leave a key?” I asked the three of them and much to my relief Sungjong picked it up and handed it over to me.

I let out a tired yawn, maybe it was about time to head home. It was getting pretty late and it had been a whole day of tiring school. “I’m going to head home.” I told the three of them. After saying goodbye I walked over to the locker. Only to groan when I saw that the only thing she’d left behind was my cell phone and the keys to the house. Had she been so frustrated that she’d brought my hoodie with her?

Well it was nothing I could do anything about right now. Even if I would call her she wouldn’t come here again. Hoya had made her angry so there was no chance in the world that she would ever want to come back here ever again.

The wind brushed against my bare arms and I shivered slightly as I made my way home. Despite the wind blowing the weather was pretty nice, typical late summer. A yawn escaped my lips once again as I stared ahead of me. It would take about ten – fifteen minutes to get home.

I hastily turned around after hearing footstep’s closing in on me. My eyes caught sight of something I never would’ve expected; Hoya and he was heading my way, before coming to a stop just in front of me. Did I forget something? I stared up on him and thus meeting his gaze. Don’t tell me he’s going to yell at me because of Seo Won hitting on him. It wasn’t like I’d told her to do it, and honestly. I hated it as much as he seemed to.

“If you’re going to yell or scream at me, then do it fast. I want to go home, its freezing.” I threw my arms around myself as I impatiently stomped my feet’s in a try to keep my heat up. I awkwardly looked at him when he took his hoodie off and wrapped it around me, my body tensing when his hands brushed against my shoulders. I gulped down on my saliva as I said a low thank you. It was the second nice thing he’d done for me.

I were abruptly brought out of my thoughts by my phone ringing and without looking at the ID I hastily picked it up. “Doram?” it was Yonghyun. I asked him what he wanted as I was looking at Hoya, the latter mouthed that he should go, but before he got the chance to do so I grabbed his hand tightly, preventing him from going as I listened to Yonghyun.

“Seo Won called me not too long ago saying that you were hanging out with a bunch of guys, is that true?” I told him that it was true, what was the point of lying when Seo Won had already told him. “Don’t hang around them.” I became angry at him. Why couldn’t I have friends that were boys when he had friends that were girls? It was absolutely no different. I couldn’t take anymore words from him and instead pressed away the call.

“Your cheating boyfriend?” Hoya smirked at me. “He’s not cheating.” I replied only to earn an amused laughter. Irritated I withdrew my hand from his. “Keep telling yourself that. Anyhow, why can’t I go?” he wondered and I looked down on his hoodie that I were wearing right now. “Because your hoodie.” I spoke in a low tone, a bit embarrassed. “What about it?” was he stupid? Didn’t he want it back?

“It’s your hoodie, normally people want it back.” I stuck my tongue out towards him after telling him that. But instead of wanting it back now, he said that I could give it back in school, yeh, last time that didn’t really work out too well, so. Hesitantly I grabbed his hand again, the warmth felt nice against my cold skin. I couldn’t even understand that I was doing this, but I didn’t want to re-live what happened last time I was going to give someone’s jacket back. I started to drag him towards my house.