Twentyninth Chapter

A Twisted Fairytale

My eyes fluttered open and I stared at the unfamiliar wall opposite of me, a faint feeling of pain lingered at my knees and I stared up on the ceiling before completely rolling around to the other side. I noticed pretty soon that this was not my house or bedroom for that matter. Hastily I lifted the duvet that was covering my body, I breathed out a sigh when I saw that my clothes were still on. Still, that didn’t answer my question of where I was.

Carefully I slid out of bed, my knees burning in pain at the smallest movement. A low murmur sounded from just outside the room and I tip-toed over to the door before slowly creaking it open. A person – a man was standing with his back against me and I cleared my throat to get his attention.  

The man flailed to the side before composing himself as he turned around. I soon understood why he was standing so unsteady. His eyes were flaming red and the stank erupting from him was horrifying, plus he was holding a bottle of cheap whisky in his hands. My eyes widened in horror when he took a step forward towards me. How the hell was he? And how did I end up here?

“It’s been ten years already, and you come home now.” The man spoke low as he swung his bottle around. I couldn’t even grasp what he was talking about, ten years something, I had never seen this man before. “I’m sorry I don’t know you.” I stuttered out as I took another step back. This was getting really creepy.

My head snapped in the direction of a door being opened and I saw Hoya entering the room, my terrified gaze met his before I stared at the man in front of me. Everything slowly fell into place, the man, it was Hoya’s father. No wonder Hoya hated the thought of alcohol; he had a father that was drowning himself in it. I watched in horror when the man rose his bottle; I closed my eyes and awaited the impact. An impact that did happen, but it hadn’t hit me. My eyes fluttered open and I stared wide-eyed at Hoya who was standing in-between me and his father.

I couldn’t find any words to say and just stared when Hoya roared to his father to go to bed. The man muttered something I couldn’t hear as he slowly walked off before harshly closing a door in the distance.

“Why did you go out here?” Hoya had suddenly turned towards me and I stared into his eyes. They were filled with blazing anger and something else. Something I had never seen from him. My gaze dropped to his upper body, or more précis, to his arm. The bottle must’ve hit him right over his over arm because blood was trailing down. “You’re bleeding.” I spoke as I reached my hand out to touch it, but before I actually managed to he pulled away. I stared at him, pain evident in my heart.

“You didn’t answer my question, why did you come out here? Did you want to take a sip of alcohol too, was that it?” he snapped at me, his gaze hardening as our gazes were locked. My throat pulsated and tears were building up inside of me. “I was scared okay, happy.” I cried, tears trickling down my cheeks. Surprise flickered in his eyes and I tensed when his arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer. “I’m sorry.” He apologized as his hand pressed against my back. I breathed in slowly, taking his scent in as I listened to his heartbeats. It was like listening to a lullaby playing.  

Disappointment filled my heart when he pulled away. Though that smile of his eased the pain that I was feeling and I found myself let out a low chuckle. Even the tiniest things you do make my day a lot better.

“You need to clean that.” I pointed at his arm, it was still bleeding and it was a complete wonder that no blood had landed on the floor. “Right.” he muttered before walking off, once he came back again he was holding a bottle of alcohol, pads and plaster. All in all, everything you would need to clean a wound. He sat down in the couch after placing down everything on the small table right next to it.

“Do you mind?” He wondered as he held the bottle and a pad out for me to take. Hesitantly I headed over before placing myself next to him. I had never in my life cleaned a wound, well only like small once but nothing like this. Though, I couldn’t clean it since his shirt was in the way and it felt rather awkward to ask him to take it off. “I, ehm, you shirt.” I mouthed out almost inaudible, but he heard it because he teased me for it and I rolled my eyes at him for being so stupid. I would’ve never told him that unless it weren’t for that his over arm was slashed. To be honest, I couldn’t understand how he could be so calm about it.

I turned away when he inched his shirt off. I could just imagine this to be Woohyun and Sung Yeol’s perfect time to in and let their erted mouths talk. “You can turn your head.” I bit my lip as I faced Hoya again. I had to tell myself to focus on his arm and not let my gaze travel elsewhere. It was hard, a lot harder than I thought it would be because I found myself staring at his well toned chest once in awhile.

“Why did you do that, why did you step in-between, you only got hurt.” I spoke as I ran the alcohol drenched pad over his wound, he winched and I saw how his jaw tightened. I can’t even imagine how much it must sting. “Didn’t I already promise to never hurt you, and with that includes everyone, no one can hurt you.” my heart softened upon his words. Maybe he actually saw me as a friend after all, but then again, not like a possible girlfriend.

“You didn’t believe me when I told you?” he seemed a bit hurt by my lack of trust in him, but it was true, I didn’t believe him. Why would I when the only thing he’d done was to hurt me. “Not really.” I truthfully told him as I finished my work of with putting a plaster over the cut. “You can put your shirt on.” I stated, but deep down, I didn’t want him to, for me I wouldn’t mind at all if he came to school shirtless. erted thoughts entered my mind and I shook my head. I seriously needed to stop being around the erted WooYeol couple.

“But I don’t want to.” Hoya cried like a little child before sticking his tongue out at me. My eyes blinked in surprise. It was weird how he could change so drastically, from being the tough playboy who flirted around to acting like a small child. “Do as you please then.” I rolled my eyes at him as I patted the plaster one more time so that it would keep in place. “But I thought you liked what you saw, do you truly believe that I didn’t see how you stared.” That grin of his made its way upon his lips and I gulped down hard.

“Seriously you need to stop being around those two as well, they are turning you into a ert.” I said not looking at him. This was truly starting to get embarrassing. Dumbfounded I stared at him when he let out a low amused laughter. I couldn’t understand what was so funny about that. “You just reveal yourself that you have erted thoughts too.” He let out another fit of laughter and I blushed a deep shade of red when he asked who I was thinking erted thoughts about.

In a second, he turned serious as he inched closer towards me. My pulse rose instantly as our gazed locked and I found my eyes crossing as I stared into his eyes. The whole room felt silent and I could literally hear the beating of my heart thumping faster as he leaned his face closer, his lips so close to mine that I could feel his breath against my skin.

“Hoya, stop.” I put my hands against his chest and pushed him away. He looked at me, surprise visible in his eyes as I slipped away and stood up. “I have to go.” I announced before darting towards the hallway and my shoes. I headed out of there without even saying a goodbye. As I stood there, leaning against the wall next to his door I cried. Because just like a fool, I’ve fallen in love with the only person who doesn’t even see me as who I am.