Third Chapter

A Twisted Fairytale

Seo Won and I had gotten us a one week detention for the smoking incident on the school roof, but honestly, it isn’t like I care too much about. Seriously, who said that you have to study during detention? I know that normal people would do that, but I’m not like them, I’m Hwang Doram. So after an hour of detention Seo Won and I decided to go clubbing.

I know, it was school day and all, still clubbing was the only thing that could make me think about something else. Though, this time Yonghyun would fallow with us as well. I hadn’t seen him during the whole weekend since he was too preoccupied with his friends and studies. But before that, I would need to go home and fix myself.

So after deciding that we would meet up outside one of the clubs we regularly went to I drove home. Luckily for me, Soo Ni wouldn’t be there since she had her late classes to attend. But on the other hand, my step mother was home, and she weren’t late to show me that when she asked me where I’d been. Though, instead of answering her I just walked past her and headed up the stairs to my room. I had no time to deal with her right now; there were things far more important than speaking to her.

“Hwang Doram open the door.” she was banging on my bedroom door as I stripped myself out of my uniform and put on a tight, semi revealing dress. I shouted for her to go away before I began to apply some make-up, just some light mascara and some blusher, I weren’t fond of too much make-up. After that done I checked myself in the mirror, it looked nice.

But my mood dropped immediately once I opened the door, only to find that my step mother was standing just outside. She gave me a look of pure disgust, I knew that she hated that I was out clubbing; something that only made these things more fun. “You are not going anywhere miss.” I only scoffed at her words before I told her that there was nothing she could do about it. She weren’t my mother. I noticed that I was starting to tick her off.

Just as I where about to head down the stairs I heard the outer door open before Soo Ni yelled that she was home. I silently groaned, the innocent little girl, I wonder what her mother would think if I told her that her daughter was trying to steal my boyfriend away from me. Oh yeah, I knew how she was trying to act up around him, so pathetic.

I gave my step mother a last glance before I strutted down the stairs, only to meet Soo Ni half way. She greeted me with a nice gentle smile, but her eyes told me something else. She hated me as much as I hated her. It was not something new. I know that Soo Ni liked Yonghyun before I got together with him. Because when they first moved in here, it was my first year in high school, and her last year in middle school.

Anyhow, she treated me like a friend, and I just fallowed through with it. I listened as she confessed that she liked this Yonghyun guy that went to the same after school classes as her. Little did I know that the guy was attending the same high school as me, to add on, the same class. Though, one day she’d pointed him out and that’s when I came to know of who he actually was. That he was Heo Yonghyun from my class.

And that’s how my mission of making him fall for me began, I hated Soo Ni and her mother for destroying our already perfect family, my dad and I didn’t need anyone else. So once I’d made Yonghyun mine, Soo Ni weren’t as nice anymore. She was jealous, well; she had every right to be. But she had her chance, and she didn’t take it. So from that point on she was taking every chance she got to be around Yonghyun. She was trying to make him hers, but every time she would fail.

“So, the is going out.” it wasn’t the first time she used those words, still it was rather unusual for her to use them at home, especially since her mother could hear. “At least I have a life.” I only smirked at her before I made my way down. She couldn’t say anything, because the fact that her life only consisted of studying. She had no friends.

I breathed out once I’d closed the car door. I hated my life, just because you were rich didn’t mean that your life was all happy and carefree. No, of course it came with a price as well. Unfaithful friends, family members that you missed and moreover, people you didn’t want in your life. My highest wish right now was for my father to come home. At least life was a little bit easier during those times.

Once outside the club I exited and pushed myself forward towards the entrance. Everyone knew me here so I would always get in. You could say I was a V.I.P. Well, I was. I took in the scene before me, just like usual, there were those dancing, some others were drinking and then we had those who were making out, nothing unusual here.

“DORAM, HERE.” Despite the loudness I could hear Soo Ni’s voice calling for me. I glanced up at the V.I.P room that was located a floor up. I smiled upon seeing Yonghyun standing next to her; I couldn’t say I’d missed him, that part of our relationship was over. Well, I’ve never truly had that feeling of longing when he weren’t around, well only once and that was just after we got together and he went to Italy for a week on vacation. But it wasn’t like I didn’t love him or something; it’s just that I don’t want to fall too hard for him.

We were still teenagers and we change all the time, and so does our desires. So no, I couldn’t say that I was totally madly in love with him. Though on the other hand, Yonghyun had never really confessed his love for me either. Everything just happened. But still, he wouldn’t hold onto me if he somehow didn’t like me. But there was one thing he hadn’t gotten from me, my ity. Of course he pointed that out every time he got the chance to. But I’d already explained to him that I weren’t ready.

Once I reached the top floor I jumped into the arms of Seo Won and hugged her tightly. After pulling apart she eyed me from top to toe, something she always did, “always looking good.” She showed of a smile. “Of course.” I answered as I glanced at Yonghyun; he was taking sips from his whisky. He was drinking whisky like some old man, and I would never be late to point that out.

I slumped down next to him on the couch and rested my body against his before I planted a kiss on his cheek. He smirked at me once he’d let the glass back onto the table. “Come on, let’s dance.” he whispered in my air as he slid his hand into mine. I looked over at Seo Won and she did a thumb up as she mouthed for me that it was alright.

Okay then, I let myself being pulled up on my legs by Yonghyun before he guided us down the stairs and onto the dance floor. People around us were as if in trance. Nothing else mattered than the music pulsating in their ears and causing their bodies to move. For once, I wanted to be as lost in that kind of world. It was better than the one outside.