Thirtysecond Chapter

A Twisted Fairytale

Thursday came and it was only two days left until the plane would lift from Incheon and my life would move to another continent on the other side of the globe. I wouldn’t be able to speak Korean and moreover I wouldn’t be able to see Hoya again. Though dad had told us that he and I would go there first and that Soo Ni and her mother would come a week later, I didn’t know why since he never told me but that was not my biggest problem right now.

I was still wondering how I were going to break it to the guys. My mind was playing up all different scenarios over how they were going to react. And what about Sungjong, I wouldn’t be there to help him anymore. And MyungSoo, the one that I’d sort of fallen in love with a bit. Dongwoo and Sungkyu, I hadn’t met them that many times, but they were really nice and I would miss them as much as the other guys. Then we had the erted WooYeol couple, I can’t even count how many times they’ve made me laugh.

And last but not least, Hoya, the one that caused my heart to beat faster, the one that always put a smile upon my lips when he was close, the one who drove me crazy by just looking at him. He was my one true love. And now I would have to let him go without even confessing my love.

“DORAM.” The voice was so strong that I found myself stumble backwards, only to crash into something hard behind. My eyes blinked in confusion as I looked back and gazed into those eyes that made my stomach flutter. Hastily I broke free as I pushed myself away from him. After getting steadier I turned my attention straight forward. Sungjong was standing there, staring at me with a smile, a smile that would soon fade away.

“Sorry Sungjong, I have a lot on my mind.” I apologized to him as I stared down on the floor. I couldn’t look at him, knowing that I would cause him pain and fear soon. He would probably the one affected the most by me leaving. “Don’t worry noona, come let’s eat.” he grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the cafeteria and the table we always sat at. Though I told him I weren’t hungry and instead watched them eat as I looked in-between them.

How I was going to miss them.

My mother’s words sounded in my mind. ‘Cherish the things you have, because when they’re gone they might never come back.’ Suddenly I felt like a fool because I knew by fact that I hadn’t done that, at least it didn’t feel like it and that only made me feel worse, “noona?” Sungjong’s voice brought me out of my thoughts and I turned my full attention to him as he stuffed a spoon filled with rice inside his mouth. “What is it Sungjong?” I wondered as I watched Hoya leave the table before heading somewhere, once he was out of reach I changed my gaze back to the youngest, but not without wondering where Hoya was going.

“Why are you so down?” my eyes flickered in surprise at his question, I guess it was quite noticeable that I wasn’t feeling all too well. Maybe I could actually tell them now, I would have to one way or another anyhow. And now would be the perfect time, especially since Hoya weren’t around. I didn’t want to tell him. Not yet at least.

“I’m moving.” I blurted out for the four of them to hear, Sungjong dropped his spoon as he stared at me, sadness evident in his eyes and I stared down, away from his gaze. “So you’re moving back?” MyungSoo wondered and I heaved a sigh. “No, I’m moving to Germany.” My eyes were pierced at a small spot were the paint had nut off as I told them. The whole table fell silent and I bit my bottom lip hard.

Several minutes went past before someone spoke. “When?” it was MyungSoo once again asking and I stared up at him. Tears threatened to spill as I told him – them that the plane would leave in two days. I felt my body tense when Sungjong wrapped his tiny arms around me. For the second time in less than twenty-four hours I found myself crying. It was insane how strongly I’d gotten attached to these guys.

Hoya didn’t come back at all during lunch and I forced the other guys to not tell Hoya because I wanted to do that myself, even though I weren’t sure of how. They had agreed, though the WooYeol couple had made a huge ordeal about it. They had forced me to promise that I had to tell Hoya how I felt before I left. For the first time, I would break a promise, because I was not telling him.

Tomorrow would be that last day at Goyang and I were going to make it a special day. Or that was what I was aiming for. But life doesn’t always turn out like you want to. I knew that more than well. So once I got back to class again I tried to act as normal as possible. I didn’t know if Hoya had noticed that I’d changed. Now, every time he would tease me or make fun of me, I just took it. I didn’t yell back at him because I wanted that beautiful smile and those amazing eyes to be the ones that marked my last days here. I didn’t want it to be filled with tears and sadness.

After the school ended I brought Sungjong with me home, I know my father almost chocked on the water he was drinking when the two of us stepped inside the house. I had never brought anyone home, not even Seo Won and Yonghyun when he was around. Oh, wait I think Yonghyun came over just around the time we started dating, but other than that, no.

I introduced them to one another; I saw the shocked face on my father when I told him that Sungjong was a guy and not a girl. He had laughed awkwardly and Sungjong tried to smile, but failed miserably. He, poor boy, must get that all the time. After telling my father that the two of us would head upstairs my dad gave me this look. Like don’t do anything funny or I’ll kill the boy. I knew very well what my father had in mind but god no; I would never do anything like that with him.

Sungjong sulked all the way up to my room and with a pout he slumped down on my bed, his arms crossed over his chest as he stared at me. “I don’t want to look like a girl, I don’t want you to move, I don’t want you to leave us, and I don’t want you to leave Hoya hyung.” He ranted on and on until tears fell down his cheeks and I hurried over to him. My arms instinctively wrapped themselves around him as I brought him closer.

“I know, but there are some things you can’t do anything about, they just happen.” I explained to him as I rubbed his back. “Life isn’t fair.” He cried once again and I heaved a deep sigh. Life was definitely not fair.