Sixteenth Chapter

A Twisted Fairytale

”DORAM.” I let out a low chuckle upon hearing Soo Ni’s frustrated voice calling for me, I already knew what she wanted, or I think I did, sort of. After getting out of bed I opened my bedroom door and exited before heading over to her room. I didn’t knock; instead I simply flung it open and stared at her while asking what she wanted.

“Can you stop telling guys at school to hit on me; I’m not like you, fooling around with every other guy at school. Don’t you think I don’t know what you’ve been doing? Hanging around those guys and I heard you even kissed one of them in class.” She spat out her words and they hit me like bullets. So she did know about the kiss I have Sung Yeol. Well, at least she didn’t know about those other two kisses.

“So what if I’m hanging around them, I can do exactly what I want.” I angrily spoke as I glared at her, did she really think she was any better. Does she think I’m stupid? “Really, then maybe I should tell Yonghyun about your small adventures, I wonder what he’ll think about that.” a smirk grew on her lips and I closed my eyes in annoyance.

I took a deep breath as I fluttered my eyes open. “Why, so you can take Yonghyun if he dumps me, is that why?” her smirk disappeared and was replaced by a frown and I laughed in my mind. Spot right, that was exactly what she was going to do. “Do you truly think I’m that stupid that I would break up with Yonghyun? For your information that kiss was just a simple dare that meant nothing. You don’t have to make the biggest deal out of everything just because you want Yonghyun. Can’t you even see that he doesn’t want you?” I couldn’t take listening to her talking crap like that so I left.

I returned to my bedroom and slumped down on my bed before burying my face into the pillow. To be honest, I was confused. I should believe in Yonghyun, I truly should. But then why was my heart in so much pain. Maybe I actually didn’t have faith in him after all. I let out a groan as began to hit the mattress in frustration.

After a while of just laying there, not think about anything in particular I decided to call Seo Won, I needed something to drink, something that could clear my mind of everything. I wouldn’t have to think about Yonghyun or Hoya or MyungSoo or Sung Yeol or anyone for that matter. How funny, four boys and only one heart, a heart that didn’t even know if it had an owner right now, because I didn’t know if I actually loved Yonghyun.

“Hello?” Seo Won’s voice was distant, as if she’d just waken up right before I called her. “Girlfriend.” I half shouted into the phone as I giggled. I could latterly see the tired face of Seo Won before my eyes. “Doram why are you calling?” my heart dropped slightly after hearing that. Didn’t she want me to call, was that it?

“I wanted to hear if you want to go clubbing with me today?” I spoke as I curled some hair around my index finger. There was a moment of silence before I heard a low groan from Seo Won’s side of the phone. “Sorry, I don’t have time today, I need to study.” She was apologizing and I meekly let out a low ‘okay’ before saying goodbye and pressing away the call. But seriously, that girl had to come up with better excuses than that. I knew that she never studied, so her really reason was definitely something else.

I let my back fall against the bed as I stared up on the ceiling. I could go clubbing either way; I didn’t need to bring Seo Won with me all the time. Maybe I could go to that club where I first meet them. Crap, I had absolutely no clothes that would fit in there. All I had was expensive and fancy dresses. I began to roam through my wardrobe after something decent to wear.

After half an hour of searching all I managed to find was a pair of black leggings, a pair of dark purple hotpants, a blue sports bra and a white loose fitting shirt without arms with blue printing. Since my bruises hadn’t healed completely I couldn’t use the leggings so I decided to make an outfit out of the other pieces of clothes I’d found.

I hastily took a shower before dressing myself into the attire I’d picked out. Though, after looking myself in the mirror my legs looked rather bare, a bit too bare since it was probably be a bit cold later into the night. I light bulb lit off in my head as I remember that I had a pair of knee socks somewhere. I roamed through my wardrobe once again, it didn’t take all too long before I found them. They were white with blue strips running along in horizontally lines.

After putting them on I fixed my hair into a messy bunny before slipping some earrings into my ears. With that all done there was only one thing left, make-up. I wanted my skin to be as natural as possible and instead focus all my attention on my eyes. And with that I mean smokey eyes, lots of dark eye shadow, black eyeliner and mascara to really bring out my eyes. I let out a sigh in content once done.

Normally I would hate using so much make-up, but right now it felt a bit dangerous, as if I was turning into another person. If I would be back in my ‘neighborhood’ then I would’ve never used this much make-up. It was as if east Seoul were bringing out a new person inside of me. With a last glance in the mirror I brought out my never used white sneakers from under my bed. Just like my other things, they were really expensive, though I’d never used them mainly because they had been an impulse bought. I never truly intended to wear them in the first place. I just wanted to have them and therefore I bought them. At least they came to use now.

With the shoes in one hand and my cell phone and some money in the other I headed down the staircase, only to come to a stop halfway when I remembered that I didn’t have a jacket. I let out a low curse before making my way back up the stairs. But I didn’t have any jacket that would fit into that environment. Wait, dad had to have a hoodie or something.

I sneaked inside his and my step mother’s bedroom before I carefully began to roam through his jackets, it didn’t take many seconds before I found what I was looking for, a hoodie. I hastily grabbed it and slipped it on before zipping it up. It hung on me exactly the way MyungSoo’s jacket had done. Still it was better than nothing. I made my way down the stairs before I hurried to put on and fix my shoes.

“I’m going out.” I half shouted so that dad would hear. Something he also did because he retorted back with a question. He wanted to know where I was going. “I’m going out with Seo Won.” He knew Seo Won well so he would never object, though I felt a bit bad about lying to him. But that was the only way or else I wouldn’t be able to go out. “Okay, be safe, and if you’re going to sleep over at her place later, at least call me so I don’t have to worry. Okay?”

“Okay dad, I promise.” I said before biding goodbye. The warm summer air brushed against my face and my legs as I headed down the street. The weather was really bearable, not too warm or cold for that matter.

I stared ahead of me, signs of different kinds of things flashed a few hundreds of meters in front of me. There were nightclubs, norebangs and shops, all of them wanting you as a costumer, though the thought of having to stay in line made me a bit sad. it made me think back to when I went clubbing at the usual places where I simply could get in before everyone else. But this reality was different, here I was a nobody.

A sigh rolled of my tongue as the line slowly, far too slowly proceeded forwards. This was seriously going to take forever. I turned my attention towards the road when that familiar sound of a car entered my ears. It was exactly the same crappy car as the last time. So they would be here today as well.

Just like the last time, cheers and clapping hands sounded when the boys stepped out. My eyes travelled in-between them all. It had been quite a while since the last time I saw the other two guys. I only knew of Hoya, Sung Yeol, MyungSoo, Woohyun and Sungjong. My eyes slightly widened and I ducked my head down when Hoya turned his attention towards the crowd. I looked down on my outfit, maybe it was a stupid choice to go here after all.

The cheers and claps soon died out and I looked up. They were all gone; I let out a sigh of relief as the line moved forward an inch or two. Thoughts of me pushing myself past everyone made its way into my head. This was taking forever and I wanted to get inside today. And that I was starting to freeze didn’t help me at all.

“Are you okay?” I looked up when I heard an unfamiliar voice right next to me, there was a guy around my age standing before me and I shook my head. My teeth’s began to chatter and I shivered. “Yah guard, there’s a girl here; I think she really needs to get inside, she’s ice cold.” The boy shouted, probably to the guard. I could hear low snorts coming from people around me, as if it was unfair I would get inside before them.

“Bring her forward then.” A dark voice shouted back and the guy grabbed my arm before he brought me along. We pushed past people as we made our way forward. I stared at the guard once I was standing in front of him. My lips were trembling due to the cold. “Get inside.” the guard pointed at the door and I said a low thank you, meant for both the guard and the guy for helping me out. I entered, I started to warm up almost immediately, and before I knew it I peeled of the hoodie and locked it inside a small locker along with my cell phone and money. There were no pockets in these hotpants so I couldn’t bring that stuff with me.

After grabbing the key and putting the wrist band that it was hanging on around my wrist I headed for the dance floor. The music was pumping in my ears and I let my body move to the beats. All my worries that had been piling up inside of me these past weekends left and for once I actually felt happy, something that I haven’t felt in a pretty good while.

I stopped immediately when a rush of pain ran through my body. My knees hadn’t fully recovered and I walked over to sit down. I would never get this tired so fast usually, but I guess when you’re injured that tiredness creeps on rather fast.

My head snapped in the direction of the dance floor when the music and light suddenly disappeared, I had to squint my eyes in order to see something, but even though I did that, I couldn’t see anything. A heavy beat boomed through the speaker right before the light was once again. My gaze was fixed on the seven boys standing in the middle. I had almost forgotten about them.

I couldn’t understand when they had time to practice on the dance, and most importantly, where were they practicing? MyungSoo told me that they all came from broken homes, so with that I was guessing that none of them had any money. So, did they practice on the streets?

My eyes wandered in-between them all, looking at them they didn’t seem as if they came from broken homes. They radiated such confidence and coolness that I’d never seen Yonghyun or any of his friends radiate. It would be an understatement if I told you I weren’t amazed by these guys. A smile had lit my lips when Hoya broke down in some freestyle dance and ending it off with that smirk of his. I could hear girls screaming despite the loudness of the music and I let out a low amused laughter as my gaze was pierced on his face.

“There you have girls actually wanting you.” I whispered out as my heart did a triple jump, why I didn’t know, but I brushed it off as me getting scared when loud claps boomed in my ears after that the music had stopped.

~~

Ah, I love writing this story ;P