Testing the waters

My Private Host

  YOOCHUN'S POV

When I woke up it took me some time to remember why my eyes were painfully swallen. But when I remembered, a whole mix of feelings came rushing to me. I was feeling pitty for Yunho and I so didn´t want to. He was beyond forgiveness. Right?

“Are you awake?” Junsu asked me from the half-oppened door.

“Yes. What time is it?”

“Almost time for lunch. Do you want me to order something? Or do you wanna go eat out?” he asked.

“No. I think I'm gonna go to Jae's and demand for food. Wanna come?” I invited. Actually I just wanted to be with Jaejoong for a while.

“Hmm, I actually have to go out. So I guess I'll pass.” I nodded in agreement. “Are you... you know, gonna tell him about what happened this morning?”

“No. And neither are you. Let's just forget it, okay?” I said in a firme voice.

“Chunnie-ah wouldn't it be better if they talked and ended this angst once and for all? Don't you think...”

“No, I don't. Don't tell him anything. I can't handle all of that, and neither would Jaejoong. Let's just forget it. At least for now.” he nodded afirmatively but I could see in his eyes that he wasn't a tiny bit convinced.

He kissed me before he left and I started getting dressed to go see Jaejoong.

 

“I want food.” was my greeting when I entered Jae's house.

“YAH do I look like a grocery store? Go buy some.” he replyed with a chuckle. He was wearing some old sweatpants and t-shirt. Jiji was cudling in his lap. It was obvious he didn't intend to live the house for the whole day.

“You look awful.” I said.

“Aren't you a doll? Thanks.” he said in a sarcastic tone but at the same time he started fixing his hair with his hands.

“I mean it. You don't look like the drop dead gorgeous guy you think you are. Are you gonna spend all Saturday dressed like that, with your cat as company, watching some lame show on the TV? Have you even had lunch?”

“I'll just eat cat food.” he replyed in that caracteristic sarcastic tone of his, peeved by my nagging.

“Let's go out and eat. There's nothing waiting for you in here.”

“There's no one waiting for me outside either.” he said in a ligh tone, not even caring about his words. But to me they had a stronger meaning as they reminded me of my earlier discussion with Yunho and how he was the only person that Jae would won't to have with him. Was Junsu right? Should I really agree with them meeting? I was so afraid Jaejoong would break down again.

“Yah, stop behaving like a lazzy ahjumma. I could be spending time with Junsu and instead I'm here asking you out.” I kept nagging and pulled him out of the sofa. “Can you please go dress some excessevely hot outfit that makes me embarassed of walking with you outside, so that we can go eat?”

“Fine, fine. I'm guessing Junsu just ditched you and that's why you're here nagging me. You needy guy. You get weider as you get older.” he kept mumbling as he walked to his room. I chuckled. “But I'm gonna dress confortable”

He came out wearing a simple pair of jeans, a low cut white shirt and about two kilograms of accesories.

“Good enough?” Jae inquired.

“Yap. Good enough to make me feel ugly next to you.” I answered and he grinned as we exited his house.

 

JUNSU'S POV

I entered the litle coffe house and found Changmin at the back, in the most discrete table.

“Tell me.” he demanded even before I seated. He didn't look mad, sad or even disappointed. He just seemed... curious.

“Changmin-ah I'm sorry I had to tell you this way. But I think you should know that when Jae says he has someone he likes, he means it. They had a relationship a few years ago when Yunho, Jae and Yoochun were trainees at your old company...”

I proceeded to tell him the whole story. I could just have told him that Jae and Yunho liked eah other, that would be enough to make him see that he couldn't have Jaejoong. But I told him every detail I knew about that story. And I even told him about what happened that morning at Yoochun's. Sooner or later he would know.

After I stopped talking he just kept looking at me in an unreadable expression. Some minutes passed and he didn´t talk. Finally I said:

“Are you sad? Angry?”

He nodded negatively. He seemed to be thinking hard about something before saying:

“So Jaejoong-hyung was right.”

“What do you mean?”

“He said I didn´t really liked him. He said I just thought I liked him because he gave me attention and was cruelly honest. The same happened when I though I liked you. Did I became such a needy guy that I think I love anyone that give's me a minimum attention?” He asked with a smile that didn't extend to his eyes.

“Yah, don't say that. You were just lonely. And as a matter of fact I do know you love me and I do love you. Just not as you thought. So you weren't totally mistaken.” he smilled at my tentative of making him feel better. But then his expression darkened.

“Hyung, I can relate to what Jaejoong and Yoochun went trough, you know I can. And I can only imagine how devastated Jaejoong must have been by Yunho's actions. But I know Yunho and I've seen in this past few years how he suffers and loads himself everysingle day. I have never seen something as disturbing has that. You can't even imagine how much Yunho hates himself.” I nodded in agreement. That morning I got a taste of what Changmin was talking about.

“Yunho is a good guy. He suffered too. Please don't just blame him. If you wan't to blame someone or something blame that ing company. They're the only culprits. They mess your head so much in there you feel like you'll go crazy.” he tried to make me see Yunho's point of view.

“Minnie-ah, I'm not agaisnt Yunho. I can actually understand what you're saying. And from everything I've heard I can only agree with you: there's only one to blame in this whole story and it ain't Yunho.” Changmin seemed content that I wasn't gonna blame everything on the sunbae he liked so much.

“But I can understand Yoochun's point of view too, Minnie. His trying to protect himself and specially his best friend from being that hurt all again. I can't ask him to forgive Yunho. And I think that if I keep insisting that letting Yunho meet Jae is the best thing, he'll just end up getting mad and will reject the idea even more.”

“I guess you're right.”

“Maybe we just have to give it time. I think Yoochun had the idea that Yunho was leaving his life carefree and without even worring of what happened to him and Jaejoong. Seeing Yunho like that and understanding that he suffered that much with his own mistake triggered something in Yoochun. I believe his starting to understand Yunho's point of you a bit too.”

“That's a start. As you said we should just give it some time. But count on me to medle with those 3 guys lifes. I've seen how destroyed Yunho is and if I can fix that I will do what I can. And well, you know I like Jaejoong so...”

“I fell a bit guilty for conspire about their lives behinf their backs.”

“Yah, we're just doing it because we care about them. And sometimes people need a helping hand to realize that thing's are much simplier than what they make them to be. Both you and I know that.”

I smilled sheepishly.

 

 

YOOCHUN'S POV

We went to a japanese restaurant to eat sushi. For someone who was going to eat cat food, Jae ate imenselly.

“So how are things with Junsu?” he asked as he kept sorbing food.

“It as only been a couple of days, but really well.” I smiled to myself thinking of Junsu. “It seems like the time we were apart never existed. It's just so natural, you know? Everything is back to what it used to be.”

“I see, I see... So the hot steamy is back, I believe!?”

That stupid guy dropped a question like that in the midle of the restaurant, as loud as if we were at home and made the tables around us turn their heads to us as well as made me choke on my food.

“I swear to god I'll kill you if you do something like that again.” I growled to him but he was wearing a big grin as he saw me turning red from embarrasment.

“I'll take that as an yes.” he said, not caring at all about my threat.

 

The rest of the meal was somewhat quiet. Not and uncomfortable silence. Just a quiet meal.

But in my head a tornado of thoughts threatened to make me go insane.

Should I tell him? Should I ask what he would do if, hypothetically, Yunho tried to apologise?

Out of all my thoughts I decided to jus say:

“You should find someone.”

He stopped eating and looked at me with a curious glare.

“Nobody likes to be alone.” I persisted.

J- “Why are you bringing that uo now? Did I ever complain about it? Who says I don't like to be alone?” he's tone was defensive, I knew that was a delicate matter.

Y- “No, you never complain. But I know you, and I can see you feel lonely. You even got that mad when I started dating Junsu because you were afraid I wasn't gonna be as good of a friend anymore and...”

J- “Is that it? Are you tired of asking your friend out for lunch out of pitty because I have no one else to be with?” now he was indeed angry. I could count by the fingers of my hands the time we had fight. It felt a bit scary when we got angry at me but I had to push him and understand what really was going on in his mind:

Y- “You know it's not that. I don't pitty you and I enjoy being with you. I don't ask you out cause I fell obligate.” his expression softened a bit. “It's just that you haven't been with anyone else since... since we left the company. And I think it would be good to you to find someone and... and forget about Yunho!”

I couldn't even face him. I was staring into my plate as I said that.

Yunho was a taboo topic so I wouldn't be surprised if he started screaming at me and stormed out of the restaurante. Out off all people I was the one that trully knew how much Jae loved the traitor. So for him hearing me say that he should forget Yunho was the most ridiculous thing because I was the only person that knew he wouldn't ever be able to do that.

“If Junsu gets busy again call Eunhyuk or someone else. I don't want to hear of you anytime soon.” he said in a calm and restrained voice.

 

With that he left the restaurante.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys:

as you know I want to start a story about a love triangle of two idols fighting for a normal girl.

Tell me who you'de like to see as the male protagonists PLEASEEE pretty PLEASE and I'll love you ihihih ^^