Trust is Love, Love is Trust

My Private Host

 

The doorbell rang furiously waking me up from the few hours of sleep I had. I took a glance to the clock and cursed Jaejoong when I saw it was little past 6a.m.

“Yah, why did you lock your door from inside?” he complained when I finally let him in. I crawled to the couch and snuggled close to Harang who was as good as a blanket.  “Have you seen the papers? Have you turned the TV on at all?”

“No, you pain in the . I was asleep.” I mumbled. Then the doorbell rang again. Jae let the members of M-Domain in. “Aishh, what is this? Is my house your hanging out place now?”

“Will you shut up and look at the papers?” Jae stuck the paper under my nose and I recognized myself in the first page, though one of my eyes was all swelled and I was almost being carried out by the members, against my will.

“Oh this is bad, this is bad?” I kept repeting.

“Not as bad as this.” Myng-Dae said as he handed me another newspaper with the title “Love Fight?” was in big letters on the front page followed by a series of pictures that illustrated my fight with Changmin from beginning to end.”

Park Yoochun is a co-founder of the music and arts company Harmony and Melody. But that wasn’t what made him famous. He rose to fame when he abandoned his previous company with one of his team mates due to the fact that he was openly gay. What the , now I’m famous? And I abandoned the company? They chased us out you idiots.” I screamed to the newspaper. “Now Choi Changmin is under the spotlight too, since he announced his homouality. The singer abandoned his company and the company made a statement claiming that there was a difference of interest and that working with Changmin was really hard. They also claimed that Choi Changmin’s leaving had nothing to do with his ual orientation.” I looked up to Jae totally incredulous. That exact newspaper was the one who revealed that personal information about Changmin. Leaving because of a difference of interests? Who were they kidding?

I tossed the newspaper to the ground not even wanting to read more.

“Wait hyung, you haven’t even read the best part: now the question remains? Was this a love fight? Are Park and Choi competing for the same person? Or was this a strike of jealousy of Park Yoochun after seeing the latest photos of Choi Changmin with a new companion? In any case we can only keep rooting for these two boys to find love again.” Everyone but me exploded in laughter when Mun-Hee stoped reading.

“Hyung be prepared, they are gonna make a whole drama out of this, soon enough there will be secondary characters, and an evil guy trying to brake you apart and I’m pretty sure they are gonna describe you and Changmin as a couple in crisis.” Min-Ho added and they kept laughing but I grew more and more worried when it finally hit me:

“Oh no, Junsu is gonna see this.” The look of panic in my face must have looked very comic because they started laughing again.

“Let’s go, you have to get ready for work. You’ll worry about it later.” Jae said and pushed me to the bathroom to take a shower and then went to prepare breakfast for everyone in my kitchen.

All the way to the company I kept thinking in what Junsu’s reaction would be when he sees the pictures. Will he be angry at me for hitting his friend or will he be sorry for me and yell at Changmin? Maybe he’ll call me to apologize and then we can have a serious talk and everything will be okay.

I was daydreaming like this when we arrived to the company. The boys had to wake me up from my thoughts to make me notice the bunch of people surrounding the building’s entrance. Every sensationalist magazine, newspaper, TV show had sent a journalist. Apparently I was indeed famous now, but not for the right reasons at all.

I saw Jae, Min-Kyung and Mun-Hee get out of the car and force their way through the journalist. At that time Jae sent me a text message:

From: JaeJae

Turn around the block and enter through the back door.

I did has Jae said but I knew that if the journalists stick around for a few more days they would end up discovering the back door.

 

The first thing I did when I entered my office was call Junsu. I didn’t really thought of what to tell him. I just called him as soon as I could. But when I heard the beeps signaling that this phone was ringing I panicked and quickly turned it off.

“Park Yoochun, don’t be a coward. You have to call him and explain him what is going on before Changmin gets the chance to make up his own story.” I talked to myself and dialed the number again.

“Yoboseo?” a female voice picked up and I started panicking.

“Hmm, can I talk to Junsu please?”

“Junsu-shi is working right now. He can’t pick up. Should I take your message?”

Working? Now he let his clients answer the phone?

“Just ask him to call me back as soon as possible please.” I asked.

“Will do. And who should I say is calling? He doesn’t have your number saved in his phone mister…?” she waited for me to say my name. Apparently he was really decided to not talk with me anymore.

“Park Yoochun.” I simple said and hung up.

“hyung check the internet.” Mun-hee bursted into my office and started typing something in my computer.

“What are you doing? What should I check?” I was curious being that Mun-Hee was all hiper about something.

“This.” He answered and turned the screen to me. There an article in the online version of a magazine with the title:

“Park Yoochun too hart broken to leave his house”

“What is this?” I asked.

“Just keep reading”.

                The reporters waiting outside Harmony and Melody’s headquarters were very disappointed when they didn’t get the chance to interview Park Yoochun about the incident from last night. After hours of waiting a reliable source informed us that he wasn’t going to work.

            “Changmin and he are going through a rough period in their relationship and it is being really hard on Yoochun. After what happened last night he feels terribly sorry and doesn’t find the strength to come to work.” The source told us.

            On the other hand Changmin was spotted leaving his apartment around 9a.m. in a casual outfit and with a cap and sunglasses. He went to have breakfast in a nearby cafeteria but quickly left when some people noticed his identity. We also discovered that his apartment was put up for sale just yesterday. Now unemployed and losing his lover is Changmin thinking of leaving Seoul?

            What do you think? Is this couple gonna have a happy ending? Will they split up? Who is suffering the most? Or is it just wrong?

            Stay tuned to know every update about this relationship.

 

                I quickly scanned the comments section where things like “just let them break up already. Two guys together are just gross.”; “The whole guy-guy relationship is just plain wrong. These sorts of things shouldn’t even be publicized by the media”; “FAGOTS!” were opposing to comments like “I think they look really good together, I hope they make up, though it’s a waste for the women kind to lose such hotties.”; “They are just adorable.”; “Of course they’ll get back together, love wins over everything.”

                “WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?” I grumbled, furious. “Who the hell is this reliable source? Are they gonna make a movie out of this? Since when on earth am I dating Changmin? AISHHHH….”

                “I think they don’t have any source at all, they are just making things up. You had no prior connections with Changmin so who would have told them such a big fat lie? They just wanna sell so they’ll say anything.”

                “Well they better start shutting the hell up or I’ll sue all of them for defamation. I shouldn’t have punched him, at least not in public…” I mumbled making Mun-hee laugh.

                “But you know what hyung? This is publicity.”

                “Do I look like I wanna be publicized?” I growled.

                “I mean publicity for the company. Harmony and Melody is one of the top ten searched words today and the views of our video are growing by the minute. I know you hate this but not everything about it is bad.”

                “Really?” I asked incredulous.

                “Just hang in there. Eventually they’ll get tired and let the subject die.” I nodded, resigned to the situation.

                “Mun-hee we have to talk with you.” Man-Yung, the leader, called him from the door with a serious expression. I was a bit curious but didn’t ask anything. Man-Yung was the leader and in charge of dealing with internal matters of the group so I shouldn´t meddle. But this time I couldn’t help to get curious and a bit frustrate as they were talking just outside my door and kept taking glances at me through the glass part of the door.

                Finally they seemed to make a decision and entered my office again.

                “Hyung we have something to tell you.” Man-Yung announced and then pushed Min-Ho to the front of them. He didn’t seem a bit happy with what he was about to say.

                “Yoochun hyung… I was just grabbing something to eat and…” he looked back to his friends who gave him looks of encouragement. “You see, I went to pick up something for us to eat and I happened to pass by this cake shop… I don’t even go there much… I just happened to cross it and…”

                “Will you get to the point?” I asked impatient.

                “Junsu hyung works there.” He quickly finished, his head hanging low. The rest of the members seemed to expect a bad reaction from me as well.

                “That’s great.” I exclaimed surprising them all. “I don’t wanna bother him at his house after all that happen, his gonna be really mad that I punched Changmin I’m sure. Calling him isn’t enough. But I can accidentally on purpose meet him at that shop… That’s just perfect. What’s the name of the shop? I’ll go there right now and…”

                “Hyung he didn’t ask about you!” once again Min-Ho said it very quickly, fearing my reaction.

                “What?”

                “I talked with him and he asked how the member’s and Jaejoong-hyung were doing. But he didn’t ask about you.” He added. So that was what they were afraid to tell me. After thinking about it:

                “Of course he didn’t. He decided to totally let me go after all. And he must be mad, really mad. That’s ok. I’ll go there and fix things.” I winked at them, who still didn’t seem very sure if going there was the right move for me to do. After I picked up my jacket and the little cake box that Min-Ho had brought and that had the address of the cake shop written on it, I rushed to my car. I was really eager to see him.

                Once I arrived I saw that the shop was very crowded, mostly with people ordering take outs. I find a quiet table and faked to be reading the menu when actually I was just trying to hide myself. I was gonna wait that all those people left before I approach him.

                All the clients were served and I was one of the only two clients in the store when a tall, slim and hated figure entered the place, making my insides turn in anger.

                “Aein! (애인=lover)” Changmin greeted Junsu like that, with a cheerful and childish voice. For my content Junsu seemed to pretty much ignore that provocation.

                J-“Are you gonna eat here or take it with you Minnie-ah?” that warm way of calling Changmin almost made me growl but I controlled myself and kept hearing they conversation, hiding behind my menu.

                C- “Aishhh, you cold guy. I just came to see you. How is the first day of work treating you?” So it was his first day in that place. Did he give up on his other job?

                J- “Well. It’s just work.”

                C- “Yah, Kim Junsu if you talk like that to the clients you’ll scare them away and the manager will fire you in your first day. You sound like a robot giving answers automatically.”

                J- “You’re not a client; I don’t need to be polite with you. And I’m pretty sure that the manager will fire me if I spend my working hours talking to some guy I know…”

                C- “YAH! Some guy you know? Did you just meet me? Aissh you’re so mean. Chingu (친구), special friend, that’s what I am. You tell that to the manager and he won’t mind you talking to me at all.

                J- “Arasso!” Junsu replied with a little chuckle.

                “Sir? Sir? Are you okay? You’re about to rip the menu. Is everything okay?” a female worker was by my side ready to take my order but I was smashing the menu without even realizing it and I didn’t even knew for how long she was standing there trying to get my attention.

                The girl talking to me attracted the attention of the only two persons I didn’t want to face: Junsu e Changmin. Changmin had a grin on his face, obviously pleased with my stupid actions. Junsu however looked at me blankly for a few seconds before returning to organizing something in the counter.

                C- “I’m gonna go. Behave yourself ok? And call me if you need anything. Anything!” he reinforced that word and looked at me with a warning in his eyes. “Aein anyong.”

                J- “Anyong Minie-ah.”

                It was pretty obvious that Changmin left to give me space to talk with Junsu. Not because he wanted us to sort things and get back together, he didn’t care a tiny bit about me. He did it just to look cool in front of Junsu. What a jerk.

                After apologizing for ruin the menu I got up and walked to the counter. In those few steps my legs felt 100 times heavier, my lungs didn’t seem big enough to let me breath, my heart was beating so hard that I was sure it could be seen through my shirt and I forget how to talk.

                “Annyeonghaseyo.” I greeted in such a formal way that it felt weird.

                “Annyonghashimnika. What will you want?” he asked with the most professional posture ever. He didn’t even seem a bit shaken for seeing me. My palms were sweating and I didn’t really know what to do or say. The only thing I knew was that from the first moment I laid my eyes on him I wanted to hug him, keep him right next to me and forget everything.

                Y- “Junsu don’t act like that. Talk with me.”

                J- “Oh, I’m sorry. I wasn’t trying to be rude. I just really don’t know what more to say.” He kept that professional look and attitude, he was punishing me.

                Y- “Why don’t you tell me why you are working here? Did you quit your other job?”

                J- “I’m sorry but it doesn’t seem right to me to discuss my private life while I’m working.”

                Y- “We’ll you stop the act? There is no other client wanting your attention so can you talk normally? Stop with that attitude.”

                He took a deep breath and his facial expression changed dramatically, but not for better. He looked kinda scary, he seemed enraged.

                J- “You want me to drop the act? I work here now and that’s how I treat my costumer’s. Would you care to explain me why you were hiding your face with the menu since you came mean? Was it interesting to eavesdrop on my conversation with Changmin?” My disguise was useless after all.

                Y- “No, I wasn’t trying to here anyone’s conversation. I came to talk to you. I was just trying to figure out how to do it and…”

                J- “You know what? That’s actually funny because I tried to call you a million times and no one answered. My phone is still the same and only today you decided to call me? My apartment didn’t magically disappear from the building but everytime the doorbell rang it was Changmin and not you. And know you come here asking if I changed my job?” He talked really fast and then took a break to breath. When he talked again his voice was serene. “You lost that right when you didn’t even let me explain.”

                Y- “Can´t you see that he is just making the right moves to make you fall for him again? Your brother told me your story. He was a jerk back then and now he is using this situation and trying to please you as he can to win you…”

                J- “Are you seriously saying that? Well he was a jerk back then but you are being a jerk right now. And I’m not a thing for you both to win or lose. Is he trying to make me fall in love with him again? I don’t know but so far he is making a much better job than you….”

                Y- “What? How can you say that? He was the one that got us in this situation…”

                J- “No, it wasn’t. The one to break us apart was you when you preferred to see me as the you pictured me to be from the moment we met and didn’t even let me explain!”

                Y- “WHAT?”

                “Guys take it outside before the manager hears something.” Said the girl that previously talked to me, when she noticed that we were now screaming rather than talking.

                I grabbed Junsu’s arm and forced him to enter my car. He didn’t say anything and I spend some minutes controlling myself so I wouldn’t scream.

                Y- “How can you just blame it all on me? It wasn’t just the kiss. Why didn’t you tell me who he was when I saw you searching him on the internet? Why did you lie and say that he was just a potential client that you weren’t even gonna take?”

                J- “When I told you that it was true. I hadn’t seen him for a lot of years and he contacted me just as a client and I wasn’t gonna accept the job…”

                Y- “Yet there you were kissing him…”

                J- “He appeared at the place I was working that night. Uninvited.”

                Y- “But why the hell didn’t you tell me you two had a history? That way of course you made it hard for me to want to talk to you and hear your explanations….” He chuckled.

                J- “That’s exactly why. You didn’t ever trust me. I knew at your eyes that first impression of the guy who sells himself was still there. I didn’t tell you the story because I was afraid. I knew sooner or later Changmin would show up and how would you, who never trusted me, react when my first love came back to my life? How could we have a relationship without trust? No Yoochun, I’m not putting the blame on you, but I’m not blaming Changmin either. I’m just letting you know what killed our relationship. And that wasn’t Changmin. It was just condemned to fail from the beginning.”

                When he finished I didn’t knew what to say. Tears filled my eyes. He was wrong. It couldn’t end like this. And I did trust him. My first mistake was not being able to show him that. My biggest mistake was letting a kiss ruin it all instead of punching the bastard that was kissing MY Junsu.

                He started to open the car’s door to go away but I caught his wrist:

                Y- “Did you really mean it? Is Changmin really making a better job than I at making you fall in love with him?” he breathe deeply before saying:

                J- “This is not a competition. But after all he is my first love. And he knows me better than myself. There is trust between us. Maybe my place really is with him.”

                He mumbled those words before getting out of the car.

                I drove away with tears filling my eyes and running down my face. This time it was really over.

                Changmin trusts and treasures him. His better of without you.