New teacher, old memories

My Private Host

 

The next few days went by normally. I focused on my work and in the new group that was gonna debut soon and I was able to keep my mind away of that night. Well at least during day time because at night I had this recurrent dream of a very good looking guy smiling at me with the most tempting lips.

“I swear if that’s not done by tomorrow I’ll go there myself and teach you a thing or two about hard work. We paid you fairly over the price and gave you a date to have that job complete. Is that so hard to do? Are you a bunch of morons? Do you know how much is depending on you doing your job well? You do? Well then DO IT ON TIME.” I screamed to the phone almost making the wall of my office shake.

Jaejoong and I had started that music academy a few years back. We wanted it to be a place where talented people could learn and expand their abilities and then enter the music market successfully. Not as some sort of slaves of a giant company just focused on making money. But so far those kinds of corporations were making our whole work going to waste. Their publicity campaigns were enormous and we couldn’t compete with that.

It was really frustrating knowing that lots of our students were so much better than many successful artists but we couldn’t make them big stars cause we didn’t had the resources. So I decided to focus on that new group, help them with the lyrics, the music arrangement, produce, direct, be the manager, the mom the dad, whatever those boys needed me to be.

“You are really scary when you are working you know?” Jaejoong said as he entered my office.

“You have mentioned it.”

“You have to relax a bit or you’ll end up having a heart attack and won’t even be able to see them debut.” I nodded in agreement while trying to calm down. “Good boy. So… I have another problem.” I stared at him prepared to hear some bad news. “You know my sister is getting married and… well you have to come with me as my plus one.”

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Do you really wanna kill me? I thought there was really something wrong.”

“Well but it is. You know if I go by myself my sisters will bore me to death. Please.”

“Your sisters expect you to go with a date. You know, a girlfriend, a boyfriend something like that. Not with me. They would still mock you.”

“Well maybe. But with you there I would have someone to share that burden with. Please Chunnie. This is the last time.”

“You’re such a liar” I couldn´t help but smile at his pitiful image “You said it would be the last time in your niece’s birthday and on your mom’s birthday and in your other sister’s wedding and in that other sister’s wedding… How many sisters do you actually have by the way?”

“Oh ok. I’ll just go by myself. But if I comeback insane you’re to blame for letting me go alone.” He sat with his arms crossed and pouting.

“Come on don’t be like that. You know I have to work. Why don’t you invite someone else? Or hire someone?” I said joking already concentrating in my work and not even listening to Jaejoong anymore. He mumbled something and stormed out of my office.

::::::::

 

A few days later something really strange happened.

I was lying in my messy bed, in my messy room almost falling asleep when my phone rang.

“Harmony and Melody Entertainment. This is Yoochun speaking.”

“Are you still at work? Its 2a.m, are you crazy?” it was Jaejoong. I rubbed my eyes and sat up trying to keep awake.

“No, I’m at home. I was sleeping and just got confused. You’re the crazy one for calling me at this time. What do you want?”

“I just wanted to say I followed you’re advice.”

“Hmm?” I mumbled almost sleeping again.

“You know when you said I should hire someone? You were right. I just met with this guy at the bar and talked about the details. What a professional. He memorized everything about me really quick. So now if my sisters bomb him with questions he will answer like a perfect boyfriend and they will not annoy me for once. Hurray!” a too cheerful Jaejoong said.

“Wow, wait? What? Rewind. You hired someone to be your fake boyfriend? Like an ? Are you crazy?”

“Maybe. But what choice did I had? You didn’t want to come with me.”

“What happens when he doesn’t attend to the next family meeting?”

“I’ll just tell my sisters we split up. Don’t nag me okay? You know they can be a really big pain in the so just let me do this this time. Oh, and you have to see this guy. He is so classy. And good-looking. And intelligent. He has been around the world and he seems to know like… everything. I dont know if I could even get someone like him for real. He is really hot have I mentioned that? He’s name is Junsu and he lives not far from here, 15 minute walk. I’ll introduce you okay?”

By that time I had already stopped listening. Junsu? That familiar name sounded like an alarm in my head. He lived near me? Could it be the same Junsu? Jaejoong clearly had forgotten that name. But what if it was the same person? I couldn’t even remember most of that shameful night, how could I face him again?

“Chunnie? Yoochun? Are you there? The bastard fell asleep.”  Jaejoong cursed when I couldn’t concentrate enough to answer and just hang up.

Could it be the same Junsu? Of course not. How many Junsu’s would live in that part of Seoul? More than one for sure. Yes, it was not the same person. If it was, he would have charged me for that night. Right?

“Aishhh…” I rolled in bed dozens of times before I could fall asleep again and that night I dreamt of some succulent lips giving me a gentile smile.

::::::::

 

“Ok boys, today a new dance teacher will come. He has great credentials and is supposed to be one of the most talented choreographers of his generation. He will make the choreography for the mv. You know we don’t have much to spend on it so we need to have a powerful dance to catch the public’s eyes.” I was saying to the group of 5 boys in front of me. Their debut kept on being delayed because of our financial issues and I felt really sorry for that. So I got Jaejoong to chase the best choreographer in Korea to help them.

“And when are we gonna shoot the mv?” they asked.

“We don’t know yet.” My heart broke when I saw the sad expressions on their faces. They were losing faith in our project “But this choreographer is really well known in the industry so he will attract sponsors eyes to us. We’ll post a video of the choreography on Youtube. If the response is good we’ll definitely get a sponsor and film the mv in no time. Trust me okay?” they nodded with very little enthusiasm and sat on the floor just waiting for the choreographer that might be the salvation of their group.

I couldn’t look at their hopeless expressions so I went to get some drinks and towels for them as enthusiastically as I could, trying not to show my own concern. As I was placing them at the back of the room the teacher entered.

“Hey guys. My name is Eunhyuk. I have been listening to the song and I gotta say I really like it, congratulations. I don’t have much time today so let’s just get started. Your vocals are amazing so I thought we would just create a choreography that makes the strong points of the song stand out and transmits the emotions of the song okay?” he was busy taking of his coat and changing into more comfortable sneakers. He talked nonstop and he was catching the boy’s attention. I was really liking him until the moment I turned around and saw his face. I let the last bottle of water I had on my hand fall with a loud noise, and everyone turned to me.

“Hyung are you okay?” the boys asked. I just nodded affirmatively trying to hide my reaction.

“Oh, hi. How are you?” Hyukjae… Eunhyuk… whatever, the blonde man I had seen in Junsu’s house said. He was a bit surprised to see me too. I just vowed politely, excused myself and went to my office. Jaejoong suddenly entered.

“You look like . What happened?” I just nodded. “Well you’re as pale as it can get. I’m telling you, you have been working to much and this is the result.” He said while mixing sugar in a cup of water and handing it to me. “Look I’m taking you out tonight. You need to relax a bit.” My expression changed to… panic? The last time I went out with him the night ended up in a really strange way. “Don’t give me that look. I’m worrying about your health. You need to let some steam out.”

I agreed.

 “Good. I’ll pick you up at 10. Dress something nice. It will be just us and some friends.”

I didn’t saw Eunhyuk again that day and I was kind of relieved. I didn’t know why the memory of that night was making me so upset. Maybe because it didn’t suit with my image of someone committed only to his work, maybe because it made me feel a bit ashamed for my behavior, I mean I didn’t even remembered what happened, or maybe cause I couldn’t make peace with the fact that I was attracted to guys. Again!