Re-Thinking

My Private Host

 

“That would be great. Thank you very much.” I hanged up the phone after scheduling an interview of M-Domain for a magazine. It had only been two weeks since their debut and they were becoming a huge success. The debut mini-album was selling very well and Jaejoong and I were working in the lyrics for some more songs to finally release a full length album.

The group was attracting lots of investors to Harmony and Melody. With all the money finally flooding in we would be capable to get them a bigger and nicer apartment or what sort of accommodations they wanted in a short time. They were finally being able to send some money of their first payment to their families and spend some in themselves.

And the money from the investors was helping in bringing some other trainees of ours to come to the verge of debuting.

Everything was just great. But of course it took lots of work, I felt like the office was my home now, not spending more than 5 or six hours at home. And, worst of all, I had only seen Junsu two time in those two weeks, for a very short time.

So ofcourse I was over the moon when someone knocked on my office’s door and I saw it was him:

“Junsu-ah.” I exclaimed a bit too loudly and rushed to him, closing the door behind him and pulling him in for a needy kiss. He smiled against my lips.

“Annyong Chunnie.” He greeted me cheerfully and with that childish smile of his that made me melt. “Are you busy? What were you doing?”

He sat on the chair in front of my desk and I went back to my seat.

“No...! Not busy at all…” I lied but the stupid phone rang again. I looked at Junsu with a guilty expression but he just smiled and handed me the earpiece of the phone.

I reluctantly took the call while Junsu explored my office.

After what for me seemed like 5 minutes, for Junsu must have felt like 1 century, but was really 40 minutes I hang up. Junsu had his arms crossed on top of my desk and his chin resting on top of them and was staring at me, pouting a little, for half of the phone conversation.

“Mianhae. It has been crazy these past few days. I feel like I haven’t slept for a whole week.” I apologized not feeling less guilty for not being able to pay him more attention.

“I’ve been pretty busy too. Maybe I should go and let you work. We can talk lat…”

“No!” I said firmly and grabbed his hand from across the table, decided not to let him go. “We haven’t been together in ages. You haven’t been here in the company for a long time too. Please stay.” I almost begged.

His expression softened, he hold my hand between his and looked deeply into my eyes:

“I missed you.” He said in a low soft voice. I felt my heart skip a beat and a somehow warm feeling in my chest. Junsu had such a great impact in me I couldn’t even understand how I could have ever though that he was anything different from some sort of god. I was irremediably in love with him and I couldn’t believe how lucky I was that he wanted to be with me too.

He expressed his feelings in a way that almost made me fly to the sky, orbitate the planet and come back again in happiness and I, stupid silly I, didn’t even had the decency of tell him how precious he was too me after he prepared such a great weekend for the two of us. Even worse: I wouldn’t even notice that flaw if Jae hadn’t pointed it out.

“Yoochun?” Junsu waked me up from my thoughts. I got so distracted by them that I had spent too much time quiet. But then the only thing that my brain could command me to say was:

“You should trade apartments with Jaejoong!”

“What?” he asked so surprised he even let go of my hand. Nice move Yoochun.

“Well… I mean. I see him all the time. He lives at a 10 seconds elevator ride from me, I see him even when I don’t want too. It would be nice if that was you…” I ended in a mumble hearing how impossibly childish and selfish what I had just said was. Junsu just smiled softly.

“Hmmm you see Jae all the time cause he doesn’t understand the concept of door or knocking on it and because, knowing that, you made the severe error of giving him a key to your apartment. Jae has the same job and hours that you do but even if I moved into his place I would have my own schedules and routines, I don’t think we would see eachother much more. Not to mention it is just a crazy idea.” He stated the obvious with an amused grin.

“Well… then maybe you could move to my plac…” I started saying without even making eye contact and lowering my voce with everyword.

“LetMeStopYouRightThere.” Junsu said very fast, obviously extremely surprised and not very happy with the suggestion I tried to make. I didn’t mean too but I got kinda hurt and Junsu noticed it. “Chunnie it’s too soon. Now we both are extremely busy and yes this isn’t ideal but we’ll have to endure it. I’m sure better days will come and will have lots of time to spend together.” He came around the desk and sat on my lap with his head on the curve of my neck. “You know I want to spend every minute with you, just like any other new couple.” He mumbled and planted a kiss behind my hear making me shiver and smile widely.

“I’m just frustrated that the day only has 24hours. I feel like you’ll forget about me”. I said being very serious but he laughed.

“Oh you’re being serious? Sorry. But that is so silly. And impossible. I can’t get you out of my mind, really! Yesterday I was talking with my brother on the phone and I accidentally called him Yoochun.”

“REALLY? Omo! What did he say? Does… Does he know who I am?” I asked frenetically making Junsu laugh again.

“Well I have talked about you but mostly when I thought you were a jerk so he doesn’t have a great impression of you. But now I’m telling him what a great person you are and how mistaken I was to build a better image of you. My brother is very protective of me, I can´t just drop the bomb that I’m dating you.”

“Oh, I see…” the guilt from the way I treated him at first came rushing back.

“Anyways he always said there was too much spark between you and me, whatever that means, and that we would end up dating so I guess he won’t be totally surprised. I’m going to meet him today; I guess I’ll tell him. You know what? You should meet him.”

“Wait… WHAT? But…? What if…? He…” I could already feel sweat roling down my forehead.

“Ahahaha you are just too cute. Calm down. I don’t mean today. But someday. Soon, I hope. Is it okay?” he asked carefully, seeing how nervous I have got.

“Will you be there?” I asked.

“Hmmm yes I guess so. I’ll be the connection point between the two of you.” He said all smiley.

“And when would this be?”

“Well I don’t know. Someday when both you and me are available. Maybe this weekend? I would have to check with him if it’s okay though.”

“This weekend? So soon?” the cold sweats were coming back.

“Relax. He is a pretty easy-going person. We would just go have some lunch together or, I don’t know, walk the dogs? Calm down please, it’s not like you are meeting my parents or anything.” The mere thought of that made my mouth feel dry. But it would be okay: Junsu would be there. And his brother wouldn’t hate me that much after Junsu told him that I wasn’t that big of a jerk right? “It’s settled then. I’ll talk with Junho and call you later.”

“Okay. At least we’ll spend some time together. I feel like you are leaving a whole life when you are away from me and I don’t like not being part of me. Don’t let someone steal you from me, okay?”

JUNSUS POV

Yoochun said that in a jokingly tone but it made me feel guilty.

He was right: I WAS leaving a whole life he didn’t know about when I was away from him. Most of the nights I would have a nice client with nice intentions and have a lovely time, like the young girl that hired me to go with her to a school ball to get rid of the “nerd” label and be seen with a piece of hot – her words.

But some other clients were mischievous and I really hated taking those jobs. It was just a way of making money. And though I provided nothing but company it made me feel dirty. Dirty and guilty cause I knew how angry Yoochun would get if he knew the kinda of places I sometimes ended up in and with what kind of people.

It wasn’t totally my fault. This job was risky. People aren’t always completely honest about themselves and sometimes I would get myself in dangerous situations without even knowing how I ended up there.

I should find a normal job like he once suggested. Maybe teaching dance or something where I could sing. But the times where I had those nice clients who were really just needing a companion and a good conversation and the so many times where I actually have helped people get over problems of every sort or gave them some kind of happiness was keeping me of quit the job. Those times I felt really good and proud about what I do.

I kissed him before I left his office and he picked up another business call. But I came out of that room with my heart feeling heavy.

“I should be more careful. I have to take care of me and what I’m doing, for Yoochun. Yes. From now on I’ll only accept jobs that I’m 100% certain about. Only jobs I feel good doing and where I’m sure I’ll not end up in creepy places being asked or even forced to do stuff that not the entire money in the world would pay…” I shook my head trying to clear my head of the frightening memories that were coming back. “And why not start to search for a different kind of job? Maybe it’s time to pursue my childhood dream like Eunhyuk did. Hmm, well I’m not sure if I can quit what I do now, I have to think about it seriously. Anyhow, enough with the creepy clients. For Yoochun!” I kept mumbling while I drive to the coffeshop where I met my brother.

We were just making small talk when I accidentally called him Yoochun w«once again:

“Aishh, Junsu-ah are you that in love with that guy that you keep calling me his name?” Junho asked. I looked at him a  bit surprised:

“You know… I actually have something to tell you. I know you don’t exactly like him, I dint at first too but… the truth is we are dating. For quite some time now.” I was expecting a angry arguing for not telling him sooner or something like that but:

“Oh I know!”

“You know? How come?”

“Well I figured. You started calling me his name by mistake a few time ago and that night when I spent the night at your place you kept mumbling something about him. And then I met Pierre on the street one of these days and he told me about the romantic dinner you had at his restaurant with a good looking long haired fellow. It’s not rocket science.” Junho said casually and continued sipping on his ice tea.

“Sooo, you’re not mad?”

“Well I’m mad you didn’t tell me sooner but it’s not like you had too. What if you two broke up at the end of the first week? No point in telling me before knowing for sure there really is something to tell. About the guy in particular I don’t even know him, I only know what you told and I’ll trust my own judgment better. And I always told you there was some spark between you two. I’m not surprised.”

“Oh, uau. These makes it all a lot easier.” I said relieved.

“Really? Why?”

“Because you are going to meet him. This weekend.”

“Am I? Am I really finally going to meet the guy who called you man ? That’s gonna be a date to remember.” He said with a suspicious grin.

“Junho be nice. He is actually pretty nervous. Don’t be mean, you’ll scare him.”

“Me? Mean? Of course not. But I’ll let him politely know that if he insults my brother again I’ll have his hand on a plate!”

“Junho!!” I complained but he only laughed.

“I’ll behave, don’t worry. How’s work by the way? Has everything been okay?”

“Hmm, yes.” I said trying to keep my voice firm.

“You liar! What happened this time? Kim Junsu if I have to rescue from the hands of another creepy old dude that thinks that has he has paid you have to do ANYTHING he wants I swear I’ll kill someone.”

“Shhh. Everything is fine. Calm down.” I assured him, trying to make him calm down when he started raising his voice and some heads turned to us. “It’s just that… You know how I love to help people right? Even if it’s just by talking to them or serving as company. That’s why I kept doing this job and that’s why it’s so hard for me to leave it. Even thought I have had a few scares.”

Junho clenched his fists remembering those bad moments but managed to calmly say:

“Yeah, I know. That’s the only reason why I haven’t forced you to quit this job.” He put emphases on forced.

“But recently I’ve been wondering if it wouldn’t just be better if I had a more regular job. I think I wouldn’t make as much money but that was never the point anyways. Something related to music…”

“Oh my god, are you serious? Are you finally thinking about trying to sing for a living? I’ve always told you: you can be the biggest star in whole Asia, whole planet for god’s sake. This is good, really good…” he exclaimed.

“Don’t get all excited just yet. I’m just starting to think about it. There are still too many things that keep me attached to this job.”

“I don’t care. I’ll get excited cause finally after all this time of me nagging you you’ve finally came to your senses. Wait a second!” He abruptly interrupted himself. “This has nothing to do with me right? This is all because of that guy…”

“Yoochun.” I corrected him “Well, it’s not that I don’t listen to you Junho-ah, but yes, I think so.”

“I like him already”. Junho said excited and took a big sip of his drink.

“Today he told me he feels like I’m living a totally different life when I’m not with him and sometimes I really am. And I don’t want it to be like that. In the beginning when we were always fighting he criticized me because he thought I was paid to do things that sometimes I was almost forced to do. And I hide that from him. This way I’m just giving him reasons to treat me how he did in the beginning. I would be able to take it Junho-ah, I really wouldn’t. I like him too much. So I guess I’ll have to change a few things.”

“I’m gonna kiss this Yoochun guy when I meet him, I’m telling you.” Junho said, making me laugh.

“I have been thinking of quitting since that… more dangerous episode, let’s call it that. But know I’m even more certain that my time with this job is done. From now on I’ll accept only clients with nice proposals and clients that I already know and am sure are trustworthy. And I’ll start thinking of what I want to do next. Just don’t rush me, let me take my time. And also don’t say anything about this to Yoochun when you meet him.” He gave me a bear hug.

“Whatever you say is fine you little dolphin.” He said happy.

“Yah don’t call me that.” I said thought I was laughing.

“But are you going to accept that job we talked about on the phone?” he asked in a more serious tone.

“I still don’t know. He is a well know figure that just had a huge scandal so every camera will be focusing on him. I don’t think I want all that attention on  him. I’m a bit curious about him though. I think I’ll contact him and see what exactly he wants from me before I decide” Junho noded his head in agreement.

Before I left he told me again how much he already liked Yoochun and how excited he was for that weekend.

To: Grandpa Chunnie

Just talked to my brother. Everything is up for this weekend. He is actually really excited.

 

 

From: Grandpa Chunnie

Really? Should I be scared? Where are we going?

What should I wear? What should I talk about? How did he react when you told him?

 

To: Grandpa Chunnie

He reacted well. You don’t have to be scared. Talk about whatever you feel like talking. I’ll text you later telling where we are going and has far as I’m concerned I don’t mind if you go .

 

From: Grandpa Chunnie

You know you are being of zero help right? I’m hyperventilating here with all the ansiety.

 

To: Grandpa Chunnie

Ahahah, don’t be silly. Has I told he is a very easy going guy. You two will get along just fine. Where something confortable like a tracksuit and bring Harang. I’ll introduce you to Xiaky.

 

From: Grandpa Chunnie

What? Who? Are you bringing more people to this? Aishhh I’m going crazy.

 

To: Grandpa Chunnie

                   Ahahah, kyo. Chunnie relax. I’ll be there. =) 

___________________________________________________________________

Hi guys:

hope you like this chapter. In the next one there will be some brotherly-bonding xD. Lets hope Yoochun doesnt embaress himself in from of Junho.

About the mistery man Junsu and Junho were talking about he is someone that you all know soooo well.

I think it is gonna be a bit unexpected though. Just role with it okay? 

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee coment okay. Please?? Has my present gift? =)

DriBSK