A Bunch of Rather Optimistic People

One Pink Envelope

Amber and I skipped out of the bathroom and greeted Sunsangnim. Sunsangnim smiled when he saw the closeness between me and Amber. He said he was glad that I made a friend in 5 minutes and that he wasn't worried about me not making any idol friends. The three of us headed to the meeting room...the room Kris said he'll put my luggages. My heart was thumping faster and faster as Sunsangnim opened the door. What if they don't like me? What if they think I am talentless? What if I don't fit in? 

When the door was fully opened, Amber quickly scurried to four girls. The room was pretty loud. There were alot of people. Each person had a suitcase and a backpack, as if they were going on vacation. I search the room and easily found Kris. He was literally the tallest person in the room. Our eyes met and gestured the eleven boys surrounding him to look at me. Soon, the room was dead quiet and all of the eyes landed on me.

"Guys, I want you guys to meet Woonmyung Do, the newest member of the SM Town family," announced Sunsangnim. Everyone started to cheer for me as I awkwardly bowed.

"Hi! We're TVXQ!"

"We are Super Juni~or! Nice to meet you!"

"Right now it's Girl's Generation! Hello!"

"H-h-hello, w-w-we're b-b-bling b-b-bling S-S-Shinee..."

(Everyone laughts and a fish like guy in Super Junior teases SHINee)

"f(x) imnida. Hello!"

"We are One! Hey, we're EXO!"

Everyone did their greetings and they all looked at me in anticipation of my "grand greeting."  I didn't have much. Seasons didn't have a special greeting either. 

"Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Woonmyung. Please take good care of me, hyungs and unnis!" I said confidently.

Then, everyone started to laugh. I was confused and could feel my face burning. Someone from the SNSD area, the one with the eye smile, commented:

"Oh my gosh. She's so cute!" while a tall boy from the EXO area joked:
"I thought she was a girl!"

Sunsangnim, who laughed the loudest, explained to me:

"I think you're getting your honorifics confused. Hyung and noona are used by boys. Since you're a girl, you say 'oppa' instead of hyung and 'unni' instead of noona."

I made an "oh" face and was slightly frustrated at myself for not knowing basic Korean. It might be because of my past experience though. I grew up with one younger brother and 4 younger guy cousins. I always referred myself to Noona and the older males Hyung to them.

After the laughter died down, a chipmunk-looking oppa from the EXO area asked:

"But Sunsangnim, why did you ask us to bring all of our belongings to the company?"

Sunsangnim chuckled and explained to everyone:

"Well, as you know Woonmyung has lived her whole life in the States. Her Korean is..well...not the best. Also, since she will be debuting as a solo singer, she would need to live by herself. I don't want our maknae artist to be lonely. So I thought that it would be best if she lived with all of you! All of the SM Town idols in one big house! Doesn't that sound fun? Also, it's a great oppurtunity for you guys to build stronger sunbae-hoobae relationships!"

The room was silent for a while but cresendoed with a cheer. Everyone was high fiving each other and everyone was mingling in a big crowd. Sunsangnim laughed and had a proud smile on his face. Boy, were these people optimistic or what! 

Sunsangnim said he had work to do and said his good byes. Everyone bowed 90 degrees as he left the room. I followed their lead and Sunsangnim wished me luck with my debut. He also informed me that I will start training in two days and wanted me to have fun in Seoul before then. I told him I'll be fine and he headed out to the door.

When I turned around, everyone was surrounding me. They introduced themselves one by one. I was worried that I would get the faces and names mixed up in the future. At least this was easier than memorizing my science textbook.... I caught a glimpse at Amber (who gave me a thumbs up) and Kris (who winked at me) during the "introduction." 

At the same time, I can feel two people suspiciously staring at me. One of the two was an unni with long hair and good posture. She looked at me as if I was a ghost. But she looks familiar...I swear I've seen her before...

The other suspect was a tall guy with no emotions on his face. He looked at me and looked at me as if he was going to poke a hole through my head. He was pretty cute though. :D haha

The managers of each group came in the room to inform us that we will be leaving for the new house. I ran to Kris and asked for my luggage. However, he insisted that he'll take it for me. I refused but ended up losing to the tall guy. I smiled and walked with him and Suho oppa (I think it was Suho...too many names and faces D:) to the door.

And this whole time, the cute oppa kept staring at me...

_________________________________________________

IDOLS :D

just to clarify:

-fishie Super Junior=Donghae

-eye smile SNSD= Tiffany

-tall EXO (the one who was joking)=Chanyeol

-chipmunk looking EXO=baozi Xiumin ^___^

you guys probably knew that already~

i got the "hyung-noona" mistake from tao who called i think xiumin oppa when he first met him~ haha

and whos the mysterious SNSD and oppa? :O haha