The Truth

One Pink Envelope

"Aish! You idiot!" yelled D.O. oppa as he rushed to my side. I was sitting on the floor, grabbing my ankle and . D.O. oppa and I were exploring the newly rennovated SBS building. I was careless enough to trip over something and twist my left ankle.

"Oppa, I'm fine! Don't worry, I'm not dying!" I told him. I tried standing up, but my injured ankle wouldn't help me.

"Woonmyung!" he scolded. He motioned me to get on his back. I didn't feel like arguing with him, so I obeyed and got on his back. He piggybacked me all the way back to the backstage. Everyone was staring at us weirdly.

"What happened?" asked Seohyun unni nervously.

"I was stupid enough to trip something and injure my ankle," I said straightforwardly.

"Woonmyung! I should've been more careful!" scolded Seohyun unni.

"What is this? Scold Your Cousin Day?" I complained.

"Can you walk?" she asked.

"Let's see," I said, while signaling D.O. oppa to put me down. My ankle had no strength, but I was able to limp.

"I'm perfectly fine!" I said.

"PERFECTLY FINE?! YOU'RE LIMPING, FOR GOODNESS SAKE!" yelled Seohyun unni.

"Unni! Calm down!" I said. Just then, Tiffany unni showed up.

"Woonmyung, use this. I always keep an ankle brace in my bag, just in case I injure my ankle," she said while handing me her ankle brace. I thanked her and put it on. It was a little big on me, but hey, at least it's something.

"Five minutes to filming," said the director. We went out on set. Taemin oppa and D.O. oppa helped me walk to my seat. The seating arrangement was pretty unique. Usually, on other shows, we had to seat in our groups, but today we were all scattered. I was next to Seohyun unni and D.O. oppa, which I found it kind of funny.

"Thirty seconds til filming!" yelled the director. I grabbed my little white board and started to write something...a witty title...a witty title...

"Five seconds!" I scribbled something random and put the whiteboard where everyone can see.

"Today's guests just successfully finished a concert in New York City..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thirty minutes into filming. Simple introductions? Check. Laughs? Check. (Cough cough a lot of Onew Condition) So far, so great. I loved filming with my unnis and oppas. They all had a great sense of humor.

"Let's move on to questions!" said the MC.

"D.O. and Seohyun, what's it like finding out that you had a cousin in the same company as you?"

"For me, I've seen her when she was young," started Seohyun unni. "I went to New York every year to visit her, but it all stopped when I became a trainee. I haven't seen her ever since. But now, I'm reunited with my cousin who's grown and mature!"

The memories flowed across my head. That day in the bus...one simple phone call that reunited me and my long "lost" cousin.

"My situation was different from Seohyun noona," said D.O. oppa. "I didn't know I had a cousin named Woonmyung. Before the day we found out we were cousins, she didn't exist in my world and I didn't exist in her world."

Yes, that one trip to the supermarket that changed my life. 

"Are your cousins nice to you, Woonmyung?" asked the MC.

I pretended to think about it, causing everyone on set to laugh. Seohyun unni and D.O. oppa looked nervous.

"Seohyun unni was nice to me ever since I was young, so no surprise there. D.O. oppa is like my blood-related brother. He's always taking care of me and always worry about me. I am very thankful to have both of them in my life and in the same company!" I responded.

The MCs continued to ask questions to the other unnis and oppas.

"Ah! The last batch of questions! All for Woonmyung! These are questions I think all of her fans would want answers for!" said the MC, making me nervous.

"First question: Do you not like Taemin?"

I looked at them in confusion.

"What kind of question is this? I love Taeminnie oppa! He's really nice to me!" I said.

"The reason why is because of your prompt letter on your fan cafe. After the scandal broke between you two, you were pretty fast at posting a letter. Also, idols usually have their companies write an explanation."

The scandal. I have forgotten about that. The day I cried all my feelings out. All that because of a Green Tea Frappuccino and a Caramel Macchiato.

"Well...in New York, I would always solve a problem on the spot. If you delay it later, the problem would get bigger and bigger and nobody wants a big problem to deal with," I explained.

"Taemin, what were your thoughts on the scandal?"

"Come on, I was in a scandal with a really pretty girl! Mission accomplished!" he joked, causing everyone to laugh.

"MinTae oppa and I are just really close," I added.

"MinTae oppa?" asked the MCs in confusion.

"Our nicknames for each other. She calls me MinTae and I call her MyungWoon. It was our way of getting close to each other. It became a habit so that's what we call each other," explained Taemin oppa.

"Aww, how cute! Second question: What were the tears from illa illa?"

Aw. No surprise of asking that. I remembered that day vividly. Seeing Sehun oppa and Suzy unni sing together caused my heart to shatter. The day I fainted. The day I almost left. On Valentine's Day. The lyrics to Juniel sunbae's illa illa perfectly coordinated my situation.

"Well, I was really tired because of the drama shootings and lack of sleep. Also, the lyrics touched me because it reminded me how badly my first love ended," I explained.

"My, your first love? More details?" asked the MC.

"Hmm...maybe next time," I said, intentionally copying Kris. All the EXO members laughed, getting the little inside joke.

"What's so funny?" asked the MC.

"It's an EXO inside joke," explained Suho oppa.

"Oh. Anyways, moving on to the third question: We all know that all the SM idols live in one big house. As maknae, do your unnis and oppas bully you?" 

I laughed.

"They don't bully...they take care of me. All the expect from me is dinner every night," I answered.

"DINNER?! FOR 45 PEOPLE? EVERYONE NIGHT?!" asked the MC with surprise.

"Woonmyung's cooking is really good," complimented LeeTeuk oppa. The rest of the unnis and oppas agreed.

"How did you become so good at cooking?" asked the MC.

"I don't consider myself as a "good" cook. But when I lived in my New York dorm, all my members were careless. I was afraid they might burn the house down, so I learned some recipes and created some," I explained.

"Aw! Responsible Woonmyung! Last question and I think everyone wants the answer for this...Where were you? I mean Super Junior was in China, f(x), SHINee, SNSD, TVXQ were in Japan, and EXO was in Korea. But where in the world was National's Little Maknae?" 

"Hm...I was going to answer that question in the talk show portion of the show..." I said.

"OHH! Ok! We'll wait til then," said the MC awkwardly. 

The director signaled us that it was time for a one minute break.

"What are you thinking of saying?" whispered D.O. oppa.

"I honestly don't know. I'm winging it," I answered him.

But I knew what I was going to say. Nothing was going to stop me. It was time to show everyone, not hide myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found myself crying. All the unnis and oppas were too. Most of the unnis' and oppas' stories were about their past and trainee years. They went through a lot of hardship to get to where they are right now. Compared to them, I am basically spoiled. I come from a decent family and had zero years of training.

"Aw...next talker will be Woonmyung! 'The Journey of a Stupid Girl'?" said the MC while reading my white board.

"Yeah. I was thinking about telling my little history on how I got here and some secrets along the way. I know it's not a trainee story, but I hope it's as interesting," I said. Everyone seemed hooked.

"Well, as you guys all know, I debuted in the entertainment world as an actress. I auditioned for my New York company and got in. I became a member of the band, Seasons, where I became the guitarist. The band let the leader and maknae to sing.The first two or three years, I was fine. I loved my job and I loved my life. But, one day, I had this urge to sing. Something inside me told me I had to sing or I'll regret it my whole laugh. I begged my manager and bandmates for a year. I spend my nights crying from the frustration." 

 

Please let me sing! Please let me sing!

My chant. My lullaby. My wish. My prayer.

I repeated this...chant/lullaby/wish/prayer until I fell asleep, crying, as usual....

"But one day, a letter came in the mail. A pink envelope. With the initals SM. I remembered reading the letter, informing me that SM wanted to recruit me as an idol..."

 

"Are you sure these people aren't trolls?" asked Ellen.

"I was just thinking about that.." I said. I wish this invitation is true.

"It's probably not. Even if it is, Destiny wouldn't have joined them anyways," remarked our leader, Elizabeth.

Our manager ran to us, panting.

"I just received a call from the president of the company. She says that she got an email from SM Entertainment asking permission to let Destiny go to Korea."

"And what did she say to them?" I asked eagerly.

"She told them you would be honored to go and is scheduled to go to Korea in two days," informed my manager.

I was jumping up and down with joy, while the others just stood there in shock.

"I agreed without any hesitation. In about two days, I found myself on the plane, going to Korea. I was excited and nervous all at the same time. This was my turning point of my life so far. I met amazing people on my first day at SM..."

 

I was amazed by the elegance and the "expensiveness" of the building when I got in. I twirled and twirled until I was dizzy. I stumbled and was caught by someone with long arms.

"Woah there. You okay?" someone asked in Korean with an accent.

I shook my head and said, "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks." I was able to focus when I saw a very handsome guy. He helped me stand and I was still mesmerized by his beauty...or whatever you say to a guy.

"Ah! You're Woonmyung, right?" he asked with a smile in perfect English.

I nodded. "Your English is really good," I commented.

"Thanks, I lived in Canada for a couple of years. I'm Kris. I'm the Chinese member of the youngest debuted group of SM, EXO," he said.

"Hi! Nice to meet you! It's kind of great to see someone who can talk to me in English," I said. Kris laughed and took my luggage.

"I'm guessing you're here to see Lee Soo Man sunsangnim. I'll take you there," he said. I blushed and asked,

"Lee Soo Man sunsangnim? Like a teacher? At school?" I asked. 

Kris laughed and said, "Lee Soo Man is the founder of SM Entertainment. You call someone sunsangnim in the business world when he or she is in a great power of authority."

I nodded in understandment as we walked up the stairs. We were greeted by a huge wooden door.

"I'll take your luggage to the meeting room, where you'll be going after meeting sunsangnim," Kris offered.

"Thanks, Kris! I really appreciate it!" I said with a smile. I made my first friend. A 190cm of perfection named Kris.

"I felt bless to meet the unnis and oppas. Singing felt like a best friend to me. I was a happy girl in Korea, conquering my dreams. And naturally, I developed a crush on someone but all he did was break my heart..."

 

I got off the car and followed my manager into the KBS station. We were to meet there before the Guerilla Date started. I went in and I saw the oppas wave at me. But I was too concentrated on what I read to notice it. They found something wrong with me and asked if I was okay. My mind went blank and I was staring off into space. The worried oppas kept asking me if I was ok until I went back down to reality.

"Yeah...I'm fine..." I said.

Sehun oppa's eyes and my eyes met. I rubbed my ring and his eyes trailed to my fingers. And then I realized...

I had a crush on Sehun oppa. 

"He is the reason for my tears of illa illa. That day, after the performance, I ran away. I walked down the streets of Hongdae, thinking. I knew I couldn't stay here forever...I didn't want my already broken heart to be broken again. Then, in Hongdae, I found a lost boy, crying. I helped him find his mother. He kept on crying and crying, but when he saw his mother, he was perfectly fine. And that's what I thought I should do: go back to New York. All I ever did in Korea was cry, but I thought going back to New York would mean no more crying. I was going to leave that day. However, someone found out my plan and he stopped me from leaving. I was dragged into the after-party, where I took a test. One of our representatives brought over a friend of mine from New York. Their plan was to see if I would leave for New York or not. Well, I told him I wanted to leave, which made the representative surprised. She told me it was a test, so I wasn't really going to New York. She, instead, gave me a month to think about it. If I still wanted to go back to New York, I would stay there after the Madison Square Garden. After a month, I found myself still heartbroken, which lead to staying in New York. The reason why nobody saw me at a Chinese or Japanese or Korean airport. I was able to come back because someone is this room came back to New York. He made me realize that staying away from Korea just made me unhappy. I didn't care about my heart breaking anymore. I have one year left and my broken heart will be nothing compared to all the good times in store for me in Korea."

"Wow. Woonmyung's first love?" asked the MC.

"Yup," I answered.

"Do we know who he is?"

"He's actually here," I said. Everyone was surprised. I could see D.O. oppa looking nervously at me. With cousin insticts, I bet he can tell what I'm going to say next.

"Is it possible to know who he is?" asked the MC.

My heart started to beat fast. I felt rubbed my sweaty hands. I rubbed my ring finger, the finger now ring-less.

"It's...Sehun oppa."

________________________________

Heres the chapter for the weekend~~~

i requested a poster for this fanfic so you guys can expect one soon :DD

btw the italicized ones are her flashbacks xDDDDD

hehe

shameless advertising but please check out my other fanfic, Sweet, Salty, Sweaty :D

AND WOONMYUNG CONFESSED XDDDDDDD