Final Step: Predebut Mode On!

One Pink Envelope

Beep! Beep! My alarm went off. I peeked at the clock.

5:02AM.

I groaned but surrendered and went to my bathroom to clean myself. I threw on a hoodie and jeans...I was going to change in to prettier clothes anyway. I grabbed my phone and head out my door. My eyes were still half closed. I trotted over to the kitchen and grabbed a banana and ate it in three bites. I threw away the banana peel, only to realize that I forgot to arrange a ride! The clock read 5:30 AM. I had 15 minutes to figure out how I was going to get to the office. Subway? I'll probably be late because I didn't know which subway to take. Taxi? I didn't have any money. Mr. Kim from the airport? I didn't have his number. The clock read 5:41AM and I started to panic.

"I called my manager. He'll take you," said a voice from the couch. I jumped.

Sehun oppa was sitting there, reading a book.

"What?" I asked in confusion. He sighed and put his book down. He looked straight into my eyes.

"My manager hyung is waiting outside so that he can take you to your music video shoot," he said irritatedly.

"Really? Thank you, oppa!" I yelled as I clumsily ran out of the door. I halted. Should I?

"Oppa, I-" I started but realized that he had magically disappeared. I stared blankly at the empty living room, but realized that I had to leave...now.

~~~~~~~~~

"Hurry! Change in to these!" yelled my coordinator unni. I ran into the dressing room and changed. It's been two straight hours of filming. My "One Shot All Kill" streak continued. I finished filming parts of the music videos in one shot. I was exhausted. I was dancing my four minute song so many times. Different costume and different sets meant one thing: dance for four minutes. And for those two hours, that was the only thing I did. Dance, dance, dance...and lip sync. 

"Another perfect shot! Now, let's get ready for the acting portion of this!" said the director in glee. I gave him my I'm-so-tired-but-I'm-pretending-that-I'm-not smile and ran in to the dressing room to change.

The acting portion was much easier. It didn't require dancing...thank God. All I had to do is lipsync and act! I one-shotted everything and my music video shoot was done in three hours....well technically five hours...two hours for make up and hairstyling. It was 11 and my stomach started to complain that it was bored. Hungry. Very hungry. 

"I just called Representative Park telling her we're done. The whole shoot is sent and she said that we should move on to album cover shooting," informed my new manager.

I just nodded, but inside, I was raging. I was here for five hours with no rest and I wanted to just lie down and sleep. They woke me up at five and didn't think about giving me a break or something to eat. The staff were replacing the video taping camera to a photography camera. The set was changed and I was also told to be changed. I wanted to groan, but I smiled. Just then, I felt like a brat. These people met me five hours ago. They didn't complain one bit and they're working their butts off...for me. They were working harder than I was working. All I had to do is dance, lipsync, and look pretty in front of the camera. These people monitored, carried heavy stuff, and made sure nothing goes wrong. I went inside the dressing room, changed, and gave myself a minute or two to calm down myself. I put on my real smile and went out. I went out of the door, only to find myself facing a group of people.

"Annyonghaseyou! Super Junior imnida! f(x) imnida! EXO imnida! Please take good care of Woonmyung!"

Super Junior oppas and EXO oppas went around and gave every staff member an energy drink as f(x) unnis went to the director and convinced him to let me take a lunch break. The director agreed and the group guided me to a huge room. They brought pizzas and made sure all the staff had some. My eyes bulged. I thanked them and literally ate four pieces in under ten minutes. Everyone in the room stared at me as I gave them my innocent smile.

"You must've been hungry!" said Kangin oppa and I shyly nodded. Everyone laughed and I just sat there and smiled. 

"At least we get to hear your song!" said LeeTeuk oppa cheerfully.

"How?" I said curiously. 

"Because you're filming your music video right now..?" he answered in a obvious tone.

"Oh, I finished filiming that. Now I'm on to album cover shoot," I explained to him.

"WHAT?!" yelled everyone. I jumped in my seat and I just looked at them.

"Why are we so late?" complained Krystal unni. I gave them an apologetic look.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna stick around and watch the album cover shoot," said Kris. Everyone nodded in agreement, but some had to leave because they had other schedule to do. The people who stayed included all of EXO oppas, Amber unni, Victoria unni, Yesung oppa, Kyuhyun oppa, and Donghae oppa.

"Woonmyung! Ready for your shoot?" asked my manager. I nodded and scurried out on to the set.

~~~~~~~~~~

The photographer made me do various poses. 

"Natural model..." murmured the photographer as he pushed on the shutter button. 

The shoot was done in about an hour. I checked the pictures and it all came out ok. The rest of the oppas and unnis came to check to.

"You're so pretty!" awed the f(x) unnis. I didn't comment on that...I disagreed with what they said.

"Of course she's pretty! The amazing faces run in the family!" playfully boasted D.O. oppa. We all laughed and I gave him a friendly punch.

"You do look pretty," whispered a voice. I turned around to see who the owner is, but no one was there behind me. Everyone's eyes were glued to the computer screen to look at more photos. I must've just heard something in my head.

"So...Song recording check. Dance check. Music video check. Photo shoot check. Congratulations, Woonmyung. You made your debut!" said Kyuhyun oppa. Everyone, the group and the staff, clapped loudly. I smiled and realized how my dream is being accomplished, bit by bit. 

"Teaser tonight, music video in five days, and Music Bank the day after that!" I said happily. 

"Music Bank? Are you sure it's not Inkigayo?" asked Yesung oppa.

"No? Sunsangnim told me Music Bank," I answered him.

"But that's an Inkigayo day," he said.

I was confused. Music Bank? Inkigayo?

"It should be Inkigayo..." everyone said.

"Sunsangnim's old guys..he can be a little...senile," joked Kyuhyun oppa as he gave an evil smirk. We all laughed and Yesung oppa playfully threatened him that he's going to tell on him.

"Oppa! Kyuhyun! What are you, in first grade?" said Victoria unni in a motherly tone.

"Yes, mommy," replied the two as they lowered their heads. I laughed even more.

D.O. oppa trotted over me and gave me a massage on my shoulders.

"Good job, coz. You'll need this," he said. 

"Ah! Oppa! Take it a little easy!" I said as D.O. oppa put more and more pressure. I saw Sehun oppa and Luhan oppa wrestle in the corner. Luhan oppa seemed to be teasing him and Sehun oppa seemed to be denying whatever Luhan oppa said. Kai oppa joined in as the two elder tortured the maknae EXO. Suho oppa went and tried to stop them, but ended up becoming one of the torture-er.

"What does your schedule look like after this?" asked D.O. oppa as he continued to massage my shoulders.

"Practice, I guess..." I said.

"I'M TREATING EVERYONE WITH PATBINGSU!" yelled Donghae oppa.

Even before I opened my mouth to ask what patbingsu was, Kris and D.O. oppa grabbed me and we headed outside.