Jet-lagged

One Pink Envelope

It was getting closer to dinner time, but no one bothered to come downstairs. I was hungry and the bored EXO oppas were lying on the couch flipping through channels. On the other hand, Baekhyun oppa and Kai oppa went outside. They claimed that they were going to go "explore" the neighborhood, but I think they're up to something. I was sitting in the kitchen and gathering my thoughts. Everyone seemed nice. I already feel like they're my family. These music programs, tours, and radio shows will just help me get even more closer to them. I finally got my wish and now it's my turn to fulfill the rest of it. Kai oppa and Baekhyun oppa came back with seven bags of...something. It looked like raw meat.

"SAMGYUPSAL PARTY!" yelled Kai oppa. Samgyupsal? Even without looking at my confused expression, Suho oppa replied:

"It's pork that's not marinated. It's really good." I nodded and smiled. They knew me too much already.

"What are you up to?" asked Suho oppa suspiciously. We can see the evilness in Baekhyun oppa, Kai oppa, and Chanyeol oppa's eyes.

"You'll see," commented Kai oppa. Lay oppa, Sehun oppa, Luhan oppa, Tao oppa, and the evil three muskateers (Baekhyun oppa, Chanyeol oppa, and Kai oppa) went outside to get the barbeque ready. Chen oppa and Xiumin oppa went to get the rice ready (serving for 44.) D.O. oppa, who couldn't trust the two, went with them to make sure they don't screw things up. Kris, Suho oppa, and I were in charge of washing the vegetables. Kris took the plastic wrapped raw samgyupsal out of the bags and started to place them on the plate.

"Wait, isn't that bacon?" I asked them. Suho oppa shook his head though agreed that they do look like bacon. Kris oppa let out a laugh and ruffled my hair. Just then, Sehun oppa came in with Chanyeol oppa and gave Kris a death glare. I wanted to say something to him for being so rude, but I kept quiet. He took the plates that were filled with raw meat.

"I should go tell the other oppas and unnis that we're eating," I suggested. 

"Oh, there's no need," replied Chanyeol oppa. I looked at Chanyeol oppa in a very confused look, but he just happily trotted back to the grill. Suho oppa, Kris, and I brought out fresh vegetables to the backyard, where the rest of the EXO oppas were. The meat team was concentrating on not burning the meat (and kimchi...they cook kimchi on the grill?) The rest of us just sat down on one of 5 picnic tables. When the first "batch" of meat were cooked, Baekhyun oppa commented,

"Woonmyung, eat as much as you can...you'll regret it if you don't," with a wink. I obeyed him as I took my first bite of samgyupsal. It was really good. Kris, Suho oppa, Xiumin oppa, and Chen oppa were stuffing meat into their mouths. Just then, I heard a rumble inside the house.

"WE SMELL SAMGYUPSAL!" screamed a bunch of oppas and unnis. My eyes widened.

"So this was their plan," commented Kris. I looked at him for explanation.

"I think they noticed that everyone's windows were open. Our sunbaes go crazy over meat. The smell attracted them to drop everything they had and run downstairs to get some." I laughed because of how childish the joke was. Soon, the whole "family" was outside, happily eating samgyupsal. The seven cooks were busy serving meat. I felt bad and decided to feed them some meat. 

"Wow. You guys became close!" shouted Key as he saw me put meat into Luhan oppa's mouth.

"Tell me about it," said Sooyoung unni. 

"Hey, hyungs, noonas. Did you know that D.O. and Woonmyung are cousins?" asked Kai oppa loudly. This made everyone yell, "WHAT?"

D.O. oppa and I laughed; it was the same reaction EXO oppas gave us a couple of hours before. We found ourselves telling them the story about the market again.

"You're one lucky girl, Woonmyung. I think you're the first idol to have cousins from both sides of the family in the same entertainment company!" said YoonA unni.

"Well, I'm lucky to have a great entertainment family," I responded.

"Fami...ly?" asked Onew oppa. I nodded. But I wondered if I said something wrong.

"Did I say something wrong?" I asked. Everyone shook their heads.

"NO! We were actually all worried that you'll not see us as your second family," confessed Taeyeon unni.

"I couldn't ask for a better one," I replied, causing everyone to go "Awww."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up from my bed and checked the time:

2:08AM.

I groaned. Jet lagged. I slept at 8 because I was so tired. I can't go back to sleep. I tossed and turned in my bed. I had a dream. But I can't remember it. I hate it when that happens. But I heard a dog..even though I'm (100%) sure that there wasn't  one in my dream. Then I heard a "Baekhyun, stop!" Maybe it wasn't a dream but Baekhyun oppa and some other oppa from upstairs. I rechecked the clock; it felt as if I woke up an hour ago.

2:11AM. 

I wanted to scream at the clock. But I didn't. I didn't want to wake up any oppas or unnis. Instead, I took my phone and went out to the kitchen and living room.  I turned the light on and drank a cup of water. I sat on a kitchen chair and looked through my phone.

It should be noon in New York right now...I was hesitant to call the others..my Seasons teammate. International call was expensive...but since we all have iPhones, Skype call will probably make it possible for a free call. I made my decision and called Ellen. After a few beeps, I was going to end the phone call. Then:

"Hello? Destiny?"

"Ellen!" I responded.

"Oh My Gosh! Isn't it like 2AM there?"

"Jet lagged..."

"Aww...I see...So how was your first day?"

"It was good! Everyone is so nice here!"

"That's nice to know!"

"How about you? What have you been doing?"

"We finished our press conference about the world tour. But the day's a little boring."

"Really?"

"Yes! Because you're not here!"

"Aww...I'm sorry?"

"Haha, don't be! Just do you best in Korea!"

I smiled. Ellen was always supportive of me.

"Wait..Hold one...Jacq wants to talk to you..."

"Alright," I responded and waited.

"DESTINY! HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?! YOU'RE NOT KIDNAPPED YET ARE YOU?"

I laughed, "No, Jacq. Don't worry! I'm perfectly fine!"

"DO YOU MISS US YET?"

"Of course!"

"ARE YOU SURE?! AND DID YOU MEET ANY HOT GUYS?"

I laughed harder as I joked, "Plenty."

"WAIT...HOLD ON...KRISTY WANTS TO TALK TO YOU!"

"Alright!" I said sarcastically.

"Destiny! Nice of you to call!"

"Hey, Kristy. I couldn't sleep and wanted to hear you guys's voices so I decided to call!"

"Jet lagged?"

"Yeah...Remember the time when we were both so jet lagged after our Japan performance?"

"Of course! We had so much chocolate at 3 in the morning! Good times..." We both laughed.

"Well..I better hand the phone over to Elizabeth."

Another transition...

"Destiny! Our pop star! How's it going?"

"Fine, Mommy Lizzy!" Mommy Lizzy was a nickname I dubbed her since the first day we met.

"You're doing fine, right? No skipping meals? Safe bodyguards?"

"Don't worry, Mommy! Your nagging will always be stuck in my head!"

I hear Elizabeth laugh.

"Listen, Destiny. I'm sorry if you had rough years with us. But always remember the good times we shared! We all are VERY proud of you...and I hope you won't let us down!"

"Yes ma'am!" I said in a shaky voice. Her words touched me and I can feel the hot tear rolling down my cheeks.

"And if you can't handle the stress or whatever, remember you can always come back!"

"Thanks, Liz."

"Hold on...let me put you on speaker phone..."

....

"DESTINY! WE LOVE YOU!" screamed my Seasons sister.

"Thanks, guys!" I said as I quickly wiped all my tears.

"Keep in touch! Or else I'll be mad!" I hear Jacqueline yell.

I laughed into the phone and ended the conversation. I sighed and smiled. It was nice knowing that someone always has your back.

"You have loud teammates," said a voice.

I jumped in my seat and turned around. Sehun oppa was sitting in the couch.

"Oh my gosh! Oppa, you scared me!"

He coldly looked into my eyes. "Why would you call them at a time like this?" he asked.

"Why can't I?" I snapped back at him.

"It's freakin 2 in the morning," he responded.

"Then why are you still up?" I asked him.

"Just cause," he said. I rolled my eyes.

He got up and started to head towards his room. I wanted to throw something at him, but he stopped walking. Without turning around, he asked:
"When you told the girl that there were plenty of hot guys here, did that include me?" 

Stupefied. Did he really just asked that?

Before I could even answer, he just walked straight into his room.

That puzzle.

______________________________

YELPING BAEKHYUN BEFORE SLEEPING :D haha

so much dialouge xD

did you guys catch up with whos who? ^^ haha

and are you guys excited for a seoul tour with shinee! i bet shinee oppas are so nervous to give their idol a tour around seoul(: