Confusions

One Pink Envelope

"O-oppa, aren't you supposed to be at the party?"

A panting, D.O. oppa was in front of my eyes. His fierce eyes went from my suitcase to my eyes.

"I knew it. You're leaving, aren't you?" he finally said. I didn't answer him. 

"Woonmyung, I've known you for an year and a half. I lived under the same roof with you for that long. I've lived with my cousin, for goodness sake! I know you real well. I know how you feel just by looking at you. When I first met you, I knew there was something between us. A telepatheical connection?" said D.O. oppa.

"That's how I got here. I got a sense that you were going to do something stupid...like LEAVING?!" he said. I stayed silent and looked at the ground.

"Somethings bothering you. Tell me. I know I say this all the time, but I mean it. I'm always here for you to lean on," said a little bit more calm oppa. 

"I couldn't handle the stress," I said. A white lie.

"You're lying. Don't even think about fooling me," said D.O. oppa. I refused to answer him.

"You like him, don't you," he said. My heart started to race. I rubbed my ring. He saw my reaction and knew that I was nervous.

"W-who?" I asked.

"Sehun," he said.

"Don't be ridiculous! How can I like someone who already has a girlfriend? I'm not like that!" I said with a fake laugh.

"There you go...lying again. I knew you liked him for a while," said D.O. oppa. I stopped laughing and looked back at the ground.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"That day when Suzy and Sehun announced that they were a couple. You changed dramatically since that day. You went from a cheerful, bubbly Woonmyung to a totally different Woonmyung. A Woonmyung with sudden scars in her eyes. A Woonmyun I never wanted to see," said D.O. oppa. Tears started to form. 

"And today's performance was the last straw, huh? You're leaving to New York because your heart was broken. If you stayed here longer, your broken heart will become shattered," he continued.

One drop. Two drops. Stop. Not now.

D.O. oppa hugged me and I started to pour on his shoulder. He my hair, but I continued to cry.

"Cousin's instinct," he said.

I cried in his arms, thinking about everything from Day 1 til today. He let go of me and fixed my hair and wiped off the leftover tears.

"Let's go," he said.

"Go where?" I asked.

"Go confess to Sehun. Today," he said.

"OPPA! NO!" I protested. But he ignored me and pulled me out of the front door. I tried my best to pull back, but his arms were stronger. He quickly caught a taxi and pushed me into the back seat.

"To Diamond Club, please," D.O. said as he got into the taxi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The taxi came to a full stop. I was ready to just open the door and run away. But, using his "cousin instincts," he literally hand cuffed me with his hands and dragged into the club. We went down the stairs and through a door. The room was dark, but a lot of bright lights. I was surprised how "G-Rated" the club was. It was your ordinary club from dramas, but the alcohol was replaced by soft drinks and there were properly dressed waiters and waitresses serving food. Almost every K-POP group was present at the party. Then, reality struck me. I managed to find all the SMTown oppas and unnis, laughing, dancing, and having fun. They were the same 62 messages earlier, worrying about where I was. They were happy without me. They can have fun without me.

Siwon oppa was surrounded by many female idols who were mesmerized by his chic looks.

Kai oppa and Lay oppa were having a dance competition on the dance floor with other male idols. They were rooted by Krystal unni, Luna unni, Sooyoung unni, Yuri unni, and other female idols.

Seohyung unni was laughing and talking to Yonghwa oppa. I spotted Victoria unni doing the same thing with Nichkhun oppa.

Key oppa surrounded himself with 91-ers, but he let Amber join, who was a 92-er.

I was surprised at the many couples present. They didn't expose themselves to the public yet though. They were enjoying a no disguise, no fans, and no paparazzi date on Valentine's Day. I spotted my manager flirting with U-KISS's coordinator noona. It was kind of awkward, but I understood why he wanted to get to the party faster. I knew he had a crush on her since he was in high school. (Turns out they went to the same high school...and their hoobae turns out to be Chanyeol oppa. Super awkward?)

Then, I saw Taemin oppa. He was sitting next to Sulli unni and they were both happy. I smiled. I couldn't be happier for Taemin oppa. But there was another couple next to them: Suzy unni and Sehun oppa. The four of them were talking and laughing happily. Sulli unni and Suzy unni, two best 94-line friends, were giggling together while sticking next to each other. But Suzy unni was holding Sehun oppa's hand. The sight of that made me flinch. D.O. oppa saw me witness it as he lead me across the room onto a stand.

"Hey everyone! Woonmyung has something to say!" he said on the mic. My eyes widened. At the sound of my name, everyone quickly turned and looked at me. The SM Town oppas and unnis sighed in relief. D.O. oppa lightly pushed me to the mic. My face turned red. Did I have to do this? Here? Right now? I turned around and pleaded with my eyes. The aegyo didn't work. I turned back around.

"I-I-I..." I stuttered. Everyone was looking at me curiously. Then, we heard a loud BANG from the door. A blonde person came in with a gun, asking us to put our hands up. The female idols hid behind the nearest male idol. D.O. oppa pulled me behind him.

"If you guy's don't move, nobody'll get hurt," he said in English in a husky voice, scanning the room. That husky voice.....

I looked at him closely. He had a bandana covering his mouth. His eyes were sparkling blue. Those eyes....It reminded me of...

"Nathan?" I asked, coming out from D.O. oppa's behind. D.O. oppa gripped my wrist, in case. Everyone in the room was nervous for me. But I was sure it was Nathan..

"Nathan? Is that you?" I asked in English. The man pointed the gun at me and D.O. oppa quickly put himself in front of it.

"Don't hurt her," he said.

I rebelled against D.O. oppa and managed to become face to face with the man again.

"Nathan! It's you, right? Nathan?" I asked. The man put his gun down and removed his bandana. The scar...the scar located near his lips, the scar that helped me remember his name.

"Destiny!" he said as he dropped the gun. We hugged and laughed.

Nathan was Elizabeth's boyfriend. He was an actor. Nathan was close to all of the Seasons members. We were in the same movie together, once, acting as step brother and step sister.

"How have you been?" I asked. Everyone in the room just kept staring and staring.

"Listen, Destiny, there's no time to talk. We have to leave," he said, as he pulled on my wrist. He tried to guide me out the door, but D.O. oppa grabbed my other wrist.

"She's not going anywhere," he said.

Nathan chuckled.

"Hold on! Nathan, where are we going?" I asked.

"Back to New York!" he said. Everyone in the room gasped. My eyes widened.

"Elizabeth said she saw you on TV and you looked tired. She also saw the scandals and read articles about you. She became worried and confronted your boss, saying you should come back. She argued that you were suffering and that you had to be here right away. She send me to help you," he said. My face softened. Tempting. Very tempting. Going back to New York. I smiled.

"Let's go!" I said, as we ran towards the door. Everyone was confused and tried to stop me. Taemin oppa ran and caught me.

"WOONMYUNG! ARE YOU CRAZY?" he yelled. I smiled at him weakly, but continued to make my way. But then, we were stopped by a sudden appearance of Miss Park Yeon Ha.

I was surprised. 

"Woonmyung...Woonmyung..." she said. I looked at her in confused eyes. Nathan let go of my wrist; he looked really worried. I could feel everyone's eyes glued onto my head.

"Woonmyung...this...was a mid point test...to see...if you still like it here or not...we...purposely asked Nathan to come...to see your true feelings...but you want to leave?" she asked calmly. I sighed but nodded. If it meant anywhere farther from him, then yes.

"Woonmyung...let's talk," she said. Nathan helped me go upstairs as the three of us went into the next door coffee shop. Being the gentleman he is, Nathan went to order.

"Do you not like it here?" asked Miss Park.

"No, it's not that! I love Korea! Being in Korea was the best thing that ever happened to me!" I said.

"Then why do you want to leave?" asked Miss Park. I looked at Nathan, who was still waiting in line. Should I tell her? Or should I not?...

"I'll tell you the reason, but you cannot tell anyone!" I said demandingly. Miss Park nodded and waited for my response. I sighed.

"My heart is breaking right now. If I stay here longer, that heart will shatter into pieces," I explained. Miss Park is an understanding woman. She didn't ask me who was breaking my heart. She just nodded.

"I see..." she said. Nathan came with our drinks as he sat down.

"I'll give you a deal then Woonmyung. Madison Square Garden personally asked us to do another SM Town concert next month. Give Korea one more month. If your heart is still breaking, you're welcome to stay in New York after the concert while everyone else leaves back. Okay?" she said. I nodded and thanked her.

"Well, I must go back. Nathan, thank you so much. We prepared a van for you that'll take you to the airport," she said as she was leaving. I bowed and Nathan thanked her.

"Well...I should go now," said Nathan. I smiled at him and hugged him.

"Thanks, Nat. I'll see you later," I said. He headed to his van and I saw it drive away. I sat back down at the empty table. I sighed. My escape failed. I was to give everyone another chance. Seems...fair... I got up and went outside. I could hear the beats from the club. The party was going on. The streets were empty. I screamed as loud as I can. I was confused and broken. My head started to spin. I felt my body collapse on the floor.

"Woonmyung! Woonmyung!" I heard numerous voices cry out.

Black out. That was what my body gave me...a black out.