One Shot All Kill?

One Pink Envelope

"Woonmyung, you didn't touch any of your food!" said Victoria unni worriedly.

It was the next morning, my first practice. SHINee oppas, TVXQ oppas, and SNSD unnis left early in the morning, but I was lucky enough to wake up earlier and say bye to them.

Everyone looked at me. It was true. I was just playing around with my egg and not even bothering to look at my toast. I awkwardly laughed.

"I guess I'm just so nervous for my first practice today," I said.

Everyone nodded their heads in understandment. Been there, done that.

"Did you practice your song?" asked Xiumin oppa.

I nodded.

~!~!~!~!~!

Last night, I woke up at 10PM. I checked my email and saw that I had one unread message. It was from Miss Park:

Hi Woonmyung,

I attached the lyrics and the instrumental audio file for your debut song.

You will be recording this tomorrow before you start dance practice.

Good luck on your debut!

 

Park Yeon Ha

Representative of SM Entertainment Korea

I print out the lyrics and synced the file to my phone. Shooting Stars

I listened to the recording. It was a beautiful song with a little bit of hip hop. (A/N: Think of BoA's Only One) 

I practiced and practiced. It was one of those songs that you just want to sing over and over again.

~!~!~!~!~!

"What's the title of the song?" asked Suho oppa.

"It's going to be a surprise!" I told him.

Everyone whined and begged me to tell them. I smiled and kept shaking my head. I did want it to be a surprise. I glanced at the clock.

9:37AM.

"I need to leave soon!" I yelled as I ran to my room. 

Unlike yesterday, I didn't need to worry about what I should wear. I threw on a baggy shirt and training shorts. Kyuhyun oppa told me he'll take me to the practice room and that he's going to leave at 9:45. I was ready.

"Kyuhyun oppa! Let's go!" I yelled as I ran out my door.

~~~~~~~

Kyuhyun oppa dropped me off at the office. I thanked him and went in.

"Woonmyung yang! Jang Yi Yeon is waiting for you! He's in the recording studio," said the office lady.

"Umm..where's the recording studio?" I asked.

"Fourth floor. The elevators are right there," she told me. I smiled and thanked him as I went to the elevator. 

The doors opened and I went in. I pressed a button to let the elevator know that I had to go to the fourth floor. As I elevated, my heart started to pound faster and faster. I was still practice Shooting Stars. The door dinged to alert me that I was on the fourth floor. I sighed and stepped outside the elevator. The recording studio was easy to find. I knocked on the door and opened it. There, a man with glasses turned and smiled:

"Ah! Woonmyung, right?" he asked as he stood up. I nodded and he offered me his hand. I shook it and said:

"Nice to meet you, sir."

"My name is Jang Yi Yeon. I actually wrote your debut song for you. Do you like it? If you don't, we can find another song to sing. The most important thing for a singer is to sing a song he/she actually likes," he said.

"I loved this song! I spent hours and hours last night singing it!" I complimented.

Mr. Jang looked satisfied and guided me into the recording booth. For every step I take, my heart beated faster and faster. My phone rang to inform me that I received a text. I checked it and found four texts delivered to me.

From: Amberr~

Destiny! Good luck today with your practice! I'm rooting for you! Hwaiting!

From: 190cm Kris

Hey Woonmyung! Do your best today, ok? Don't get nervous! It's okay to make a mistake! After all, we're all human right? I'll try to visit you later in the day! Let's go Woonmyung! :D

From: Kyungsoo Oppa

Cousin!!! I remember my first recording...I was so nervous that I had to retry literally 30 times! Don't pressure yourself to make everything sound perfect! Don't over do yourself! If you feel troubled and need to talk to someone, I'm always open! Aja aja Hwaiting!!~ ^0^

From: Puzzle Oppa

I'm doing this just cause D.O. hyung is making me and if I don't, I won't be able to eat some of his food. Good luck.

I smiled. All these texts definately calmed my heart down. I put my headphones on and placed my lyrics on the music stand. I turned my phone off and gave Mr. Jang a thumbs up to let him know I'm ready. The music started to play. I already memorized the lyrics so I didn't even bother to look at it. Somehow, this song can connect to me. The basic summary of this song is that you can accomplish anything, even if people around you say you can't. I finished singing my last word and I glaned at Mr. Jang for some comments. His mouth was hanging open. Uh oh...did I do a horrible job?

"How did I do?" I asked.

"You...did...AMAZING! You sang this song PERFECTLY! Just the way I wanted it! You finished this in one take!" he shouted.

I smiled. A compliment! I was happy to hear that. We finished recording the rest of the songs...I was able to finish them in one take, too. Mr. Jang put some finishing touches and synced the songs onto my phone. He sent an email to Miss Park and Lee Soo Man sunsangnim, letting them know that my first mini album was done. In seconds, Miss Park emailed  him back. She was surprised that I was already done and how perfectly it sounded. Lee Soo Man sunsangnim came into the studio. I immediately stood up and bowed.

"You finished recording?" he asked. I answered him.

"You sang it very beautifully!" he complimented. I thanked him.

"I really like this song! Genius work, Yi Yeon," he said. Mr. Jang thanked him as he smiled like a clown.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting in the cafe that was located next to the builiding. It was 11:00 and my dance practice started at 11:30. I was drinking my favorite cafe drink: Green Tea Frappucino. I felt refreshed! The compliments had lead me to smile alot. 

"Excuse me, but are you Woonmyung?" asked a feminine voice from behind. I turned around. I knew who she was right away. I immediately stood up and bowed.

"Annyeonghaseyo, BoA sunbaenim!" I greeted.

She smiled and gestured me to sit down. She sat on the other side of me.

"It's great to finally meet you!" she said.

I gave her a little laugh and told her that it was an honor for me to meet her.

"Are you here to practice?" she asked.

"Yes. I just finished recording my songs for my debut album. I had 30 minutes to spare until my dance practice, so I decided to relax a bit here," I told her.

"Do you have your debut song? I would love to hear it!" she said.

I took out my phone and gave her my earbud. I pressed play and looked at her anxiously. Even though Miss Park, Lee Soo Man sunsangnim, and Mr. Jang gave me a good sign, I was nervous. She was my sunbae...the highest sunbae. What if she didn't like it? I saw her face wrinkle and my heart dropped. She didn't like it. When the song was done, her face looked disappointed.

"How...was it?" I carefully asked. She looked into my eyes like an eagle.

"This? This song is...SO GOOD!" she exclaimed. I was surprised. Her face told me that she didn't like it, but she's complimenting me.

"I was acting, by the way. Pretending to not like it," she explained. I laughed and she continued to compliment me.

"I can't wait until I see your debut stage!" she said. I thanked her and looked at the clock.

11:25AM.

"I should go right now," I said. BoA sunbaenim nodded.

"Good luck with practice!" she said. I thanked her and went out the cafe. I was happy that I was sunbae-approved. I ran to the third floor, where all the dance practice rooms were. I saw a door with a sign:

"Woonmyung's Dance Practice Room."

Each artist had their own practice room. The trainees had their own practice room in the fifth floor. I sighed and opened the door and found my choreographer.

"Hey, Woonmyung! Right on time! I'm Greg Hwang, your dance instructor and choreographer!" he said. I smiled.

He told me to stretch and so I did. He suggested that I tried doing the splits. I was hesitant, but attempted anyways. I surprised myself...I actually went down and my legs streched 180 degrees. 

After stretching, he showed me the whole choreography for Shooting Stars. The dance looked pretty hard, but it matched the song perfectly. 

"Now try it," he simply put. "I don't expect you to know the whole dance from start to finish anyways. Just try doing it from what you saw," he explained. I nodded and he pressed play. I let out a deep sigh and tried to mimic what I saw. I did dance from the beginning to the end, but I don't think I did it correctly. When the song ended, I looked at Mr. Hwang's eyes. He clapped.

"Wow. You're one amazing person. I heard you finished all your songs in one try! Well, you mastered the dance in one attempt, too!" he said. My eyes widened. I was speechless.

"I think you have the One Shot All Kill," said Mr. Hwang.

"One Shot All Kill? What's that?" I asked him. 

"One Shot All Kill is when someone can master anything in one try. Just by listening to something once, seeing something once, or reading something once. In one try, he or she can perfectly do it. It's actually rare to find someone who has this," explained Mr. Hwang. 

I nodded and he asked me if I can dance it one more time.

"Just in case," he told me. I nodded and started to dance again.

Mr. Hwang told me I did a good job. "Tomorrow, we'll shoot your music video. You can go on stage to perform next week," he told me. I smiled and thanked him for his hard work. It was 12:30. I stayed in the air conditioned dance room. I had another hour to kill. Sunsangnim wanted to see me, but he had an appointment so he told me to come to his office at 1:30. I sat on the floor and looked blankly into space. Just then, a loud group opened the door.

"WOONMYUNG!" they shouted. I turned around. Right before my eyes, I saw EXO oppas with three bags of food. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I saw those bags.

Soon, we were on the floor, happily devouring the chicken they bought.

"So how was practice?" asked Baekhyun oppa.

"It was fun!" I responded.

"How many more hours does she need to practice?" asked Luhan oppa to Mr. Hwang.

"She's done with practice and recording," replied Mr. Hwang.

"WHAT?! IN TWO HOURS, YOU MANAGED TO FINISH RECORING AND DANCING?!" yelled everyone. 

I innocently nodded my head and they looked like they were suffering.

"How is that possible?" asked Tao oppa in surprise.

"One Shot All Kill," responded Mr. Hwang.

"Wow. You're lucky. I wish had One Shot All Kill," said Lay oppa and the other oppas agreed. Mr. Hwang's phone rang and he answered it. It was Lee Soo Man sunsangnim. He wanted to talk to me. I carefully received Mr. Hwang's phone:

"Hello?" I asked.

"Woonmyung! I know I was supposed to meet you at 1:30, but my appointment started later than expected. I don't want you to wait longer, so I decided to tell you over the phone. Anyways, nice job finishing everything! Tomorrow, meet in front of the SM office at 6AM. You'll be shooting your music video. The teaser will be released that evening and the music video will be released five days afterwards. The next day after the music video is release, you will follow Super Junior to Music Bank and perform live there. Other schedules will be sent to your email, so check your email constantly!"

"Nae, sunsangnim!" I responded.

"Sleep early tonight!" he adviced me. I hang up the phone and handed it back to Mr. Hwang.

"Oppas, how did you guys get here?" I asked.

"Xiumin hyung and Suho hyung drove us," responded Kai oppa.

"Do you guys mind if you guys can take me home after we're done eating?"

_____________________________

hehe...

i hope youre enjoying this ^____^

btw, there is no such thing as a One Shot All Kill...i made it up ^___^

inspired by shinee's key who can literally dance after watching it one time!