Good? Bad?

One Pink Envelope

***D.O.'s POV***

I handed my passport to the lady. She checked it, smiled, and let me through the security gates. Miss Park lead the way of idols. She counted to make sure everyone was here. We went to our gate, but our plane wasn't ready yet. I collapsed onto the chair. Yesterday night's performance took all the energy out of me. Plus, I only slept for 4 hours last night. There was a big group of sunbaenims in a circle. They were playing Ninja. Everyone but me, Kris hyung, and Amber noona. I laughed at the falling EXO members. And then I realize, someone was missing.

"Miss Park!" I called out as I stood up. "Woonmyung's not here!" 

Everyone stopped and looked around for her. Where could she possibly be?

"She's coming in the next plane. Her boss here needed to talk to her and I thought she could spend a little more time in New York before coming back," informed Miss Park. I nodded and I felt relieved. The relieved sunbaes sighed and went back to their embarrassing (in my opinion) game.

"Oh wait, I forgot to tell you huh? EXO, you guys are going to Korea to start recording for your new album. SNSD, TVXQ, SHINee, f(x), you guys will continue with your Japanese promotion. And Super Junior, you guys will be going to China to perform," said Miss Park. We all gave her a "are you serious?" face.

"So are we separating right now?" asked Minho oppa. Miss Park nodded and everyone groaned. But we all said bye to our sunbaenims. The Japan team boarded the gate next to us while the China team went to another gate. We boarded our plane, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a long flight, we got off the plane half asleep. It was 9 in the evening in Korea. Even though we slept for 10 hours in the plane, we slept for another hour on the way to our dorm. I woke up from the argument between Chanyeol hyung and Baekhyun hyung. I opened my eyes and yelled at them. They quickly quiet down. If Kris hyung was here, they would've been dead. (EXO-M was in a different van.) Miss Park was sitting in front of the car, talking to someone. She looked discouraged and someone on the other was screaming. It were several male voices.  I felt bad for Miss Park. 

We arrived at the dorms. As we pulled up, M's car pulled up, too. We all ran into the dorm, wanting to flop on our beds to sleep. Miss Park stopped us. 

"I need to talk to you guys. Sit down," said Miss Park in a serious tone. We all looked to each other. What was it? We obeyed and sat down on the couch. We all looked up to Miss Park.

"Guys, I'm sorry but I lied to you," started Miss Park. We all looked at her in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" asked Luhan hyung.

"Woonmyung...she decided not to come back to Korea. She's not finishing her 3 years here. She's basically never gonna come back..." said Miss Park. My heart dropped.

"W-what?" I asked.

"That day when we did her test, she said she wanted to leave. But I gave her one month, until the Madison Square Garden concert, so that if she still doesn't want to stay, she wouldn't come back with us," said Miss Park. We were all shocked and speechless. Woonmyung...how can she do that to us?

"That's why in the car, Super Junior was yelling at me for not stopping her. But Woonmyung wanted me to tell everyone when we arrived in Korea," said Miss Park in a shamed voice. Sehun looked like he was going to collapse. Kai, one of the manliest members in the group, looked like he was going to cry.

"Get some rest guys, I need to go to the office and send Woonmyung her..."retirement" papers.." said Miss Park standing up. We all bowed down to her and sat back down to the couch. We didn't say anything. I was the first one to go to my room. I was probably shocked the most. I wanted to cool my head down. I slammed on my bed. I got my phone out. I touched Woonmyung's name and texted her. She didn't answer. I texted her again and again while feeling the tears streaming down my face. Tears of anger. I returned to my phone and touched on a different name.

To: Representative Park

What was her reason?

From: Representative Park

What are you talking about?

To: Representative Park

Woonmyung's reason on why she's not coming back

From: Representative Park

Because she was tired and stressed from the schedule. She's still young. Understand her...as a cousin Kyungsoo

To: Representative Park

It's not stress though...right? Is it because of her broken heart?

From: Representative Park

...you truly are her cousin...

To: Representative Park

So that's her reason?

From: Representative Park

Yes, Kyungsoo. Please, though, leave her alone, Kyungsoo.

I was furious. I ran to Sehun's room. I grabbed his collar.

"YOU! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!" I yelled.

"Hyung! What are you talking about?" he asked. I took out his necklace.

"THIS! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU AND YOUR...IMMATURE SIDE! YOU STILL LIKE HER, DON'T YOU?" I yelled as I cried. All the members came in. Kris hyung and Suho hyung pulled me away from Sehun. 

"What's going on?" said Suho hyung. I didn't answer him. I let go of Kris hyung and Suho hyung's grip and went back to my room. I grabbed a jacket and ran outside. I was flipping through my phone. I'm going back to New York. I didn't care if the company fired me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Woonmyung's POV***

I squirmed around my bed. Strange. No oppas fighting over food. No unnis going crazy about their bed hair. I rose from my bed and slowly opened my eyes. I wasn't in my room. I was in my New York room. Oh yeah, I'm not in Korea anymore I checked the time

7:07AM.

I walked to the bathroom. Everyone else was sleeping. I looked myself in the mirror. Well, I'm back in New York. I took my brush and brushed my long hair. I remember brushing my hair in Korea...it would get longer everyday that I would complain! It's now covering 3/4 of my back. I used to love it when Seohyun unni and Jessica unni played with my hair. Why was I thinking about Korea? Korea is the past. I decided to forget about everything from the past. With that, I quietly opened the front door. I walked down the stairs and went to the hair salon. My usual hair stylist, Vicky, was luckily there. She just opened the store. When she saw me, she was surprised.

"Destiny! Aren't you supposed to be in Korea?" she asked. I laughed.

"Decided to stay in New York," I answered.

"Why? You were very successful in Korea!" she said. I was explaining everything to her. I know that I can trust her. She nodded.

"Young love," she commented, "What brings you here?"

I held up my long hair.

"I need a hair cut real bad," I answered. She nodded as she guided me to one of the swivel chairs. I sat down and told her the kind of hair I wanted. She checked my hair and started to work on it. It took her nearly an hour to cut my hair. Vicky was a perfectionist so it took her a bit longer than any other hair stylists. But she was the best in my opinion. 

"Done!" she said as she helped me take off the cover. I looked at myself. The long hair was replaced by a hair that was shoulder length with side fringes. 

"Thanks, V!" I said, paying her. She refused.

"My Welcome-Back-to-New-York present!" she said. I insisted for her to keep it, but she avoided it. I sighed, but left a $10 tip on the chair. I saw Vicky go to the counter and check her laptop.

"So I'm guessing no one in Korea knows about your little "retirement"?" she asked.

"Nope, why?" I asked her. She turned her laptop.

SM Town Successfully Finishes New York Concert

SNSD, SHINee, TVXQ, and SHINee returns to the Japanese market

Super Junior in China for Performance

SM Entertainment announces EXO's comeback.

Where's Woonmyung? Still in New York?

"Well, the company can't release anything about my "MIA" until the processing papers finish," I told her. She nodded.

"Are you sure you made the right decision?" she asked.

"Ugh! My hair was too long anyways!" I said.

"Not your hair! I meant leaving Korea!" she said with a chuckle.

"Yea, I did. I was given a month to think about it," I responded. I noticed that I hadn't my phone in awhile...I turned it off right before going to bed. Reason? I'm not entirely sure.When my phone was fully awake, the number '1092' on the internatinal text message app was written. I was surprised and checked. It was all from the SM Town oppas and unnis. I sighed. I decided to check just the top three messages:

From: Kkam Jongie Oppa

WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU. COME BACK. NOW. YOURE THE FIRST GIRL THAT MADE ME CRY IN MY LIFE. T________T WOONMYUNGGG HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO MEEEE?

From: Kyungsoo Oppa

...Is it because of him...?

From: Sehunnie Oppa is the Best :D <3

you're playing this game your way. play fair and come back

I sighed. I clicked the "Delete All" button. Deleting everything that reminded me of Korea. I needed to reset my mind to BKE...Before Korea Era. Everything had to go away. Hair? Check. Message? Check. Contacts...? Contacts...I felt bad deleting all those contacts.

"You ok, Destiny?" asked Vicky. I shook my head to go back to reality.

"Yeah! I'm gonna go now. Thanks so much, V!" I said with a wave while going outside the salon.

I was heading back to the dorm, when I received a text from Mrs. Ellington. She wanted to see me. I turned back around to go to the office. When I got there, I saw Mrs. Ellington...with a pink envelope. She hands it to me, saying it was my documents to end all contracts with SM Entertainment. I sighed. One pink envelope started everything...and it will also end everything. 

"Thanks, Mrs. Ellington!" I said as I ripped open the envelope. Gotta get it over with before I turned back.

"Wait, Destiny," she said as I paused my stance.

"Are you 100% sure about this?" she asked. I smiled. 

"Yes!" I said.

"You don't have to do it. You're only 16! Almost 17, my you've grown! It's the age where you explore! And have fun! When you're back here, you're no longer "Super Star Woonmyung." You're just Destiny the guitarist for Seasons," she said. She reaches for the envelope and pulls it away from my hand.

"You know what. Give it a week. I'll give this back to you next week. But until then, you better think carefully. Very carefully. I'm doing this for the best of you," she says as she puts the envelope into a safe place.

"But I was given one month to think about it!" I protested.

"And now I'm giving you one week. I can see it in your eyes, Destiny. You have to finish what you started. One week, Destiny, just one week," she pleaded. I sighed and agreed. She smiled and escorts me out to the main door. 

I wanted to scream. But I didn't...everyone would look at me. I walked back to the dorm. Everyone was awake by now.

"Des, your...hair. It's short! And...fringes?" said Kristy. I smiled and nodded.

"Destiny, where are you? You're not the Destiny I know! I don't get you...You said you're staying here and not going to Korea and now you're cutting your hair? And it looks like you threw almost everything away from Korea!" yelled Jacqueline as she pointed at a trashcan filled with Korean products. I shrugged as I went to my room. I sat on my chair.

Knock Knock.

"Destiny, can I talk to you?" said Ellen, peeking her head in the door.

"Sure!" I said as she sat on my bed.

"Des...I don't think your friend made a good choice," said Ellen.

"Ell, spill. You know it's not my friend. You know it's me," I said. Ellen sighed and nodded.

"Destiny, it's not like we don't want you here. We love you so so much. But you don't love it here. You don't belong here. You're not happy here. I saw the sparkle in your eyes whenever you're with him. I never saw that sparkle before. I was pretty certain that you were just going to stay in Korea. Why are you here?" asked Ellen.

"Because everytime I see him texting or calling or being with her, my heart breaks. Do you think I can stand that? Another year and a half?" I asked.

"If you truly liked him, then yes," said Ellen as she went back out the door. 

I let out a deep sigh. I was confused. And stressed. I rubbed my ring....the ring. Never found out who gave this to me. I opened my drawer and pulled out a small box. It contained all my other rings. I placed my birthday ring there and put it in a deep place in my drawer.

I guess I don't need you anymore.