Finally, Slowly Unfolds

One Pink Envelope

***Woonmyung's POV***

Buzz.

My phone rang. Taemin oppa texted me. I decided to ignore it, but D.O. oppa encouraged me to read it. I sighed but checked:

From: MinTae oppa

Woonmyung! I think I know the reason why you decided not to come back! But I want to make sure. So come back please? So that I can confirm? BTW sulli was crying in my arms and I would've liked it, but since SOMEONE i can't enjoy this glorious moment.

"He...likes Sulli?" asked D.O. oppa.

"Long story..." I responded. Just then, D.O. oppa's phone buzzed too.

"Huh, it's from Ryeowook sunbae," he commented as I looked over his shoulder.

From: Ryeowook Sunbae

Kyungsoo- Miss Park found out. I think you should go back ASAP...convinced Woonmyung or not, you have to go back.

Oppa and I looked at each other with huge eyes.

"But...how?" he uttered. Just then, both of our phones rang at the same time. We decided to both check our texts one by one, starting with D.O. oppa's. He touched the Message icon.

From: Jongin

WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING, HYUNG??!! NEW YORK??!!

"How do they know?" I asked. He shrugged as he gestured me to check my phone.

From: Sehunnie Oppa is the Best <3 :D

is kyungsoo hyung with you? to convince you right? come back with him...please...

"Sehunnie Oppa is the best? Seriously, Woonmyung? I thought you didn't want anyone to know," said D.O. oppa.

"Hey! He's the one who changed it! I orginally put him as Puzzle, kay?" I said. "Anyways, we need to get you back in Korea, or else you'll lose your job."

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm not going anywhere without you," he said.

"OPPA! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND RIGHT NOW? WHAT'S IMPORTANT, YOUR COURSIN OR YOUR DREAM? YOUR DREAM OF COURSE! UNCLE SAID SO! EVER SINCE YOU WERE YOUNG! AND ALL THAT FLYS AWAY BECAUSE OF ME MAKING A DECISION? OPPA! NO!" I yelled.

"I think it's worth it," he simply replied. I groaned. Then, oppa's phone buzzed again.

"Huh, it's Suho hyung," he said as we looked at the message together.

From: Leader Suho Hyung

kyungsoo, we know why you were mad at sehun. we saw his necklace too. come back so we can talk it over, please?

"Oppa, what is he talking about?" I asked. D.O. oppa sighed.

"I found a ring on his necklace, Woonmyung. Remember that day after practice I was so surprised? And how Sehun gave me a one week silence treatment? That day, I saw the ring you had on his necklace," responded D.O. oppa. My face froze.

"W-what?" I said. "You mean, Sehun oppa gave me the ring? That's impossible," I said.

"What do you mean impossible?" he asked.

"He told me he couldn't get me my present, so he gave me another one," I responded.

"What did he give you?" he asked.

"I..can't remember," I lied.

"Oh, okay," said D.O. oppa. My phone started to ring.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Destiny? Hi, it's Ellington," said the person on the other line.

"Hi, Mrs. Ellington! What's up? It hasn't been three days yet," I said.

"I just got a call from SM. Is your cousin with you?" she asked.

"Yes, he is, but please don't let him leave," I said.

D.O. oppa looked at me in surprised.

"I know it's for you, Destiny, but please, what he did was wrong. Miss Park seems very upset," said Mrs. Ellington.

"I know. But, please. He did it for me. It's all my fault. Please. Please. Please, Mrs. Ellington. He is the most important thing that has happened in my life. All the depression and sorrow I've been through, he was always there to support me. I want to support him, now. He is the greatest thing that's happened to me for the past three days. Someone who can actually talk to me with sense," I explained. I could hear her chuckle.

"Listen to yourself, Destiny. For the past three days, you were sad and lonely. When your cousin was here, you were back to yourself. You need to go back," said Mrs. Ellington. I paused. What she said was true. I was a much happier person when D.O. oppa was here. A more open person.

"I-I..." I stuttered.

"I'll help you keep him safe. Just respond to my question by the due date. And please, this time, MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE," she ended the phone call.

"So...what was that all about?" asked D.O. oppa.

"Shut up," I said. "You only have a couple of days. Just make the most of it," I bluntly replied.

I went to my room and shut the door. I propped myself against the bed. I pulled out my ring again. I fiddled around with it. Sehun oppa had the same thing? I rummaged through my old jewlery box. I pulled out a long chain and put the ring through it. I wore it on my neck. There was no use of putting it on my finger until I know the solutions.

I had to know the truth.

I ran out of my room and out the front door.

"Hey, where..." I heard D.O. oppa said. But even before I can hear the rest of his sentences, I was already running out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

D.O oppa joyously put his arms around me as we got off the plane. Decisions were made and I ripped up the pink envelope in front of Mrs. Ellington's eyes.

***FLASHBACK***

"Wow, Destiny. What brings you here?" said Mrs. Ellington, looking up.

"I thought about what you said...and I want to go back...no I need to go back," I said.

Mrs. Ellington smiled.

"And what made you decide?" she asked.

"What you said was true. Korea makes me happy. And also, this," I said, showing her my necklace/ring. "I just need to go confirm something."

"A ring? For what?" she asked.

"Something!" I said with a cute smile.

"Okay," she said with a laugh, handing me the pink envelope with the resignation forms.

I received it and ripped it all apart, tossing it to the trashcan.

"I actually knew you would choose Korea," she said while handing me a white envelope. "These are tickets to Korea. For you and your cousin. Your flight is in two days." I gave her a big smile and gripped the envelope.

***END OF FLASHBACK***

"And we're here," D.O. oppa said as the cab drove up to the dorm.

"I haven't been here...in five days!" I said sarcastically and we both laughed. I took out my luggage from the trunk and rolled it to the front of the door.

"Is the password the same?" I asked D.O. oppa. He nodded and I let my finger move around the pattern I remembered. I punched in the code. I could hear the people from the other side of the door.

"Are we expecting someone?"

"Who is it?"

"The sunbaes aren't here til later..."

"Maybe unicorns are here!"

"Lay, are you serious right now?"

"What? I'm trying to lighten the mood..."

I flung the door open and eleven pairs of eyes were looking at me, as a smiling D.O. oppa and I made our entrance.

"WOONMYUNG! KYUNGSOO (HYUNG)!" they yelled as they quickly came over. We were all hugging each other and I could see Tao oppa with tears in his eyes. I looked at Sehun and smiled. I could feel the coldness of the ring against my skin.

"You guys have alot of explaining to do," said Suho oppa.

"I have all the time," I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After alot of explaining (minus all the secrets we had), everyone nodded. I reached for the phone and handed it to D.O. oppa.

"You...better call Miss Park," I said. He gave me a "oh yeah" face and ran up his room. I took out my phone and started to text Taemin oppa.

To: MinTae Oppa

OPPA! you told me to come back, but where are you? i'm here, but where are you? haha anyways...dont worry about me im back in korea and do your best in japan!(:

I decided to take my stuff to my room and take a shower. I felt "dirty" after a long flight. I locked my door (remembering the Sehun oppa-D.O. oppa's towel incident) and washed. I put on fresh, comfortable clothes. I unlocked the lock and went unpacking my luggage. Just then, I heard the door click. I turned around and saw Kai oppa in the door. He came in and closed the door.

"You have no idea how I missed you," he said.

"I can tell...from the texts," I said and gave him a hug.

'I missed you too, oppa," I said.

"But, hey, where's your ring?" he asked as he lifted my hands.

"Umm..." I said.

Just then, the door clicked again and I saw Sehun oppa.

"Umm...Woonmyung, can I talk to you?" he asked.