Coffee Under the Stars

One Pink Envelope

My head was pounding when I woke up. I found myself lying in a hospital bed with an IV drip on my arm. 44 pairs of eyes were staring at me as I began to sit up in the bed. Seohyun unni rushed over to help me. 

"W-what happened?" I asked as I rubbed the pain in my head. 

"You fainted as soon as you came out of the cafe," explained Seohyun unni as she fixed my hair for me.

"But why is my head pounding? And I feel pain in my legs," I said. Seohyun unni bit her lips down and didn't answer. I looked up to the unnis and oppas, pleading for an answer with my eyes. Did something bad happen?

"When you fainted, you hit your head on to the ground pretty hard. According to the doctor, the reason for your faint is because of fatigue and stress. On top of that, you were apparently having some leg problems that needed surgery. The doctor had surgery on your legs. But it's nothing big, so don't worry. He said you are able to walk again in two days. It was a short, light surgery since it was detected early," explained a serious Eunhyuk oppa (which took me by surprise.) 

My eyes widened. Surgery?! I quickly throw the blanket and saw stitches on both my calves.

"The doctor also said that you probably had the leg problem before? When you were young?" added Kyuhyun oppa. I was confused...but then I remembered. I remeber having trouble to walk one day and couldn't walk for about a month. The doctors in California didn't know what it was. My legs slowly healed.

"The surgery should probably have stopped your legs from having problems again," concluded Key oppa. I sighed and groaned. I lied back down again and put the covers over my head. 

"Woonmyung, what's wrong? Tell us. If you keep it to yourself, it will just worsen your health condition," said Sulli unni in a worried tone. I peeked through a small opening in the covers and looked at D.O. oppa. He looked unstable and nervous, constantly biting his lips. He knew. He was the only person in this room who knew. His face has "guilty" written all over it. I felt bad for him. I answered them by saying I didn't feel like talking about it. I was even more stressed than before. Surgery? Staying in bed for two days? In the hospital? SM Town concert in Madison Square Garden is one month away and I had to start practicing as soon as possible. The unnis and oppas don't know the news yet, so I kept quiet. I could hear the unnis and oppas gathering around and talking.

"All of us can't be here. It'll just overwhelm Woonmyung"

"Well, we all just can't leave her! It's dangerous!"

"Only a few people stay behind?"

"How many is few?"

"About 5 people? We can switch every 12 hours? Like at the night 5 people can stay and switch places with another group of 5 people at lunch the next day?"

"Sounds like a plan!"

"Who's going to be the first 5 people?"

"I want to!" "No, ME!"

At this point, I was slowly getting frustrated. Was I a baby in their eyes? I am 16! I can handle my own self. I was independent ever since I moved to New York City YEARS ago! I was about to throw the covers and shut them up, but they already made their decisions:

"Fine. Seohyun and Kyungsoo stay here, since you guys are her cousins. Seohyun and Kyungsoo can choose the other three."

"I pick Jinri [Sulli]"

"Sehun"

"How about Taemin oppa? He seems to make Woonmyung happy!"

"Then Taemin it is! The rest of you, follow me. We're going back to the dorm,"

Thank god the ruckus was over. I could finally have some peace. But, then I realized the five people who stayed behind...

Seohyun unni...good.

D.O. oppa...THANK GOODNESS!

Sulli unni....good?

Taemin oppa...yes! and he can spend time with Sulli unni! Killing two birds with one stone? :D

Sehun oppa....crap This cannot be happening. Is this D.O. oppa's doing? Luckily, I found my phone next to me, under the covers. I checked the time:

8:26PM.

I was out for almost 5 hours! I unlocked my phone, made sure my phone was on silent, and touched the message icon.

To: Kyungsoo Oppa

Oppa, don't tell anyone im texting you!

but are you the one that suggested sehun oppa? for the five people?

From: Kyungsoo Oppa

Wow...i thought you didn't want to talk to anyone so you went under your covers...nevermind...

and yes. you need to tell him. today.

To: Kyungsoo Oppa

But oppa, noo! the situation will get worse! please oppa!

From: Kyungsoo Oppa:

It may get a little messy, but you will regret not telling him the truth

To: Kyungsoo Oppa

I wont oppa! I promise!

From: Kyungsoo Oppa

you cant promise that, woonmyung. you do not want to make the same mistake i did when i was in middle school. there was a girl i liked ever since 4th grade. i didnt have the guts to tell her how i feel. one day, in middle school, i was ready to tell her how i felt about her. i asked her to come to the dduckbokki stand after school. i waited for hours and hours and she never showed up. when i went to school the next day, i found out that she died from a car accident while coming to meet me. you have no idea how regretful i was...

To: Kyungsoo Oppa

You're saying that sehun oppa will die? one way or another?

From: Kyungsoo Oppa

haha very funny -.- my point is dont lose the chance! sometimes things happen unexpectedly...you might miss that chance.

"Hey Kyungsoo, who are you texting?" I heard Taemin oppa ask.

"Uhh...I'm texting my hyung," I heard him reply.

"Liar! Show me!" said Taemin oppa.

"No!"

"Are you texting a girl?!"

"What? Hyung, what?" I heard Sehun oppa ask in surprise.

"NO!"

"Give me the phone!"

I heard footsteps and sense that Sehun oppa and Taemin oppa were chasing D.O. oppa. I prayed that they wouldn't see...because if they did...I would be dead. I was too concentrated on how the fight would end to notice that something was crawling up my leg. It was soon on my stomach. I slightly lifted my head to see what it was. And in front of my eyes was..a spider...a Daddy Long Leg. I threw the covers open and screamed at the top of my lungs.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! SPIDER SPIDER!"

I HATED bugs, especially spiders. Everyone in the room jumped. At the sight of the spider, Sulli unni and Seohyun unni held on to each other. D.O. oppa and Sehun oppa did the same, except they scurried to the door, in case the spider attacks at them. A calm Taemin took a Kleenex and killed the spider. I was able to breathe easily. Sulli unni and Seohyun unni sighed and came near the bed. D.O oppa and Sehun oppa were still holding hands, but bravely came near the bed, too. A sneaky Taemin oppa threw the Kleenex at them and both oppas yelled. I laughed.

I looked at the five unnis and oppas. Something shiny caught my eye...on Sulli unni's neck.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up at 3 in the morning, I found the unnis and oppas sleeping in the room. Sulli unni was sleeping on the couch as Seohyun unni was sleeping with her head against the table. Taemin oppa was sleeping on the other couch and Sehun oppa was sleeping on the extra mattress. D.O. oppa had his head against my bed. I felt really stuffed. The hospital clothes were uncomfortable. I slowly got out of the bed. I held on to the IV convertable. My legs were weaker than I expected, but I managed to grip on the convertable. I was able to walk outside the door without waking anyone up. Luckily, the walls had bars for support. I limped across the floor as I balanced myself. I was unlucky, though. About half way, my legs gave up on me and I fell. But, before hitting the ground, someone caught me from behind.

"Why are you out so late?" the voice asked. I turned my head.

"MinTae oppa!" I whispered as I saw Taemin oppa's face right in front of my face.

"C'mon, let's go back," he said as he turned me around to go back.

"Oppa, can I go outside? Please? I just feel so stuffed in there," I protested. Taemin oppa hesitated, but soon gave in as he carried me outside. He piggybacked me the whole way and I felt bad. 

We were outside, sitting on a bench in the beautiful garden.

"How come you're up?" I asked oppa.

"I heard you go outside," said Taemin oppa. 

"And I thought that I could talk to you privately," said Taemin oppa.

"Sure!"

"First of all, thanks. A LOT,"

"Thanks? For what?" I asked.

"The necklace for Sulli," said Taemin oppa. I noticed that Sulli unni was wearing a necklace, but wasn't sure if it was the one I bought.

"How did you get it?" I asked.

"Well, when you fainted, Super Junior hyungs were going outside to catch some fresh air. That's when you fainted. They quickly took you to the hospital. The rest of us, without knowing that you fainted, went back to the dorm. I found the box you left for me and gave it to Sulli. And I also realized that you were going to leave...I first felt sad, but happy afterwards," explained Taemin oppa. I nodded and smiled at him.

"So how's the progress going?" I asked.

"We've gotten...a lot closer. But I don't know if she likes me or not!" complained Taemin oppa. I laughed.

"It's getting a little chilly! Let's go in!" said Taemin oppa.

"You can go in...I want some alone time," I told him.

"Fine, but when you're ready to come in, text or call me. I don't think you can go back to the room by yourself with legs like those," said Taemin oppa. I told him I understood and he went back into the hospital. 

I gazed up to the sky. Stars. Stars everywhere! I love stars because it reminds me of my favorite quote:

"Always aim for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars" ~W. Clement Stone

This quote was my fuel for the past 10 years. Whenever I felt down, I thought about this quote while looking up at the night sky in New York. But, somehow, it didn't work for me this time. Was it because what I was aiming for was just a bigger moon? Then, I felt something really hot skid across my cheeks. I jumped and yelped. I turned around. It was Sehun oppa, smiling with two cans of hot coffee.

"Saw you outside and thought that you might want company," he said as he sat down and handed me one of the cans. I thanked up.

"Oppa, coffee? 3 in the morning? I'll probably can't go back to sleep!" I said.

"You slept for a long time before. It wouldn't matter," he said jokingly as I laughed. This was the most casual conversation I had with Sehun oppa in a long time. I sipped my coffee as I gazed at the stars. The February breeze made me shiver. I forgot to wear a jacked and my hospital clothes were too thin. At the sight of this, Sehun oppa pulled out a blanket from his jacket.

"I saw that you forgot your jacket. Brought it just in case," he said as he put it around me. I thanked him again and we went back silent looking back up at the sky.

"You know," Sehun oppa started, "I love looking up at the night sky."

"Me too. I love stars. It reminds me of Stone's quote...'Always aim for the moon..." I said

", even if you miss, you'll land among the stars," finished Sehun oppa. I turned at him in surprised.

"My favorite quote," said Sehun oppa.

"Really?! Oppa, me too!" I said.

"My hyung back home always said that to me when I'm depressed after practicing. It gave me strength," he said.

"I always remind myself with this quote before starting a concert," I said. We laughed.

"I think this quote is 100% accurate," said Sehun oppa.

"Yea, agreed," I said. I turned to him and I looked into his eyes.

"But sometimes, you just aim at the wrong moon and just fall."

___________________________________
 

chapter's kinda long? lol xD

i had so much free time today :D haha