Debut as the Same and Different Person

One Pink Envelope

I had my earbuds on in the car the whole time...I didn't mind the strange and loud noises Super Junior oppas were making. We were all in one car, making our way to Inkigayo. I was lip syncing to my song and did little motions of my dance. I couldn't control my wild heart. I was really nervous. Not only that, I felt REALLY pressured. My music video was a success, which made everyone put their highest expectations on me. I am a representative of Seasons and SM Entertainment...as well as myself. People in Korea and the world only saw me as the "actor" Destiny and the "guitarist" Destiny; they never saw the "singer" Woonmyung. The manager parked the car as we all hopped off. Before showing our faces to the crowd, LeeTeuk oppa told us to gather around. He gave us a little pep talk as we ended with a "HWAITING!" Kyuhyun oppa put his arm around my shoulder and tried to calm me down. He told me his debut story and I listened carefully. We headed out to go to the entrance, only to be found blocked by Super Junior fans.  They were screaming and taking pictures as soon as they saw their oppas. I couldn't take in this situation right away. My head started to spin and my face turned pale. Kyuhyun oppa, who realized how bad my condition was, quickly guided me into the door.

"You'll get used to it," he said. I nodded, but my face read "I am totally shocked right now." 

 

Kyuhyun oppa helped me find my waiting room. I went in and I found four girls in there.
 
"Hello! We're KARA!" they exclaimed when they saw me. I bowed down 90 degrees and greeted them.
 
"I'm Gyuri, the leader of KARA. And this is Seungyeon, Nicole, and Jiyoung." I smiled at them.
 
"Wait. Where's Hara?" asked Gyrui sunbae.
 
"I don't know," shrugged Nicole and Seungyeon sunbae.
 
"She's probably somewhere with Junhyung oppa!" teased Jiyoung sunbae. They all laughed and explained the public relationship of their band member Hara and someone from a group named B2ST (Junhyung). I gave them my understanding look as a staff called me out, telling me that I had to rehearse. I followed her as the KARA sunbaes cheered for me. As I was making my way to the stage, I saw a girl wearing a similar outfit as the rest of the KARA sunbaes. She was laughing and holding hands with a guy with purple hair. Hara and Junhyung?
~~~~~~~
I finished my rehearsal perfectly. It was a live performance so it was important that I didn't mess up.
 
"Woonmyung!" yelled a voice. It was Sungmin oppa, peeping out his door and motioned me to come in. All the Super Junior oppas were in their spy clothes. I saw BoA sunbae...she was promoting her self-written song, Only One. My sunbaes helped me calm myself down. My coordinator unni grabbed me, telling me that I had to change. The whole show will be starting in 5 minutes and I had to be ready by then. I ran to my waiting room, did my hair, and changed. KARA sunbaes were adjusting their mics; they were up next. They did a little "KARA Chant" before heading out to the door. I was slightly jealous...I didn't have teammates to do something like that. 
As soon as they left, a male staff member with headphones came in. 
 
"Woonmyung-sshi? You have to leave for the interview," he informed me. I followed him out to the stage and he told me to wait until half of the song was over. I would, then, go up on stage with the MCs to do my interview.
~~~~~~~~
"IU-sshi, would you consider yourself as a singer and an actress?"
 
"What are you talking about, Jong Suk sshi?"
 
"Because right now, we are here with the hottest Korean-American actress, Woonmyung!"
 
"A-ie...stop joking with me!
 
"Hi everyone, I'm Woonmyung!"
 
The interview went on as they asked me to introduce my song and show a little bit of the choreography. 
 
"We'll see Woonmyung's hot debut stage I just a minute! First, let's meet the spies who stole my heart, Super Junior!" ended IU. 
I hung around a bit backstage before going on after my oppas were done performing. We met as I was going on and they were going down. They wished me luck and headed off stage. I was nervous- the most nervous I have ever been. I positioned myself as people screamed and yelled and cheered for me. I smiled a little.
 
"Introducing the new Woonmyung with her debut song, Shooting Stars!" introduced MC Jongsuk.
 
My smile disappeared and I'm concentrating. One shot. I got this. The music started. My dance started. My singing started. I was having the time of my life. I have never been happier before this day. I gave it my all. My four minutes were up. People were cheering for me loudly. I smiled and tears of joy streamed down my face. This was the way I was supposed to feel as an artist. I was enjoying the crowd cheer. Then suddenly, everything went black.