New Beginning

One Pink Envelope

I was already exhausted after a 15 hour plane ride.

I found my luggage and headed out the door to Incheon International Airport. I smiled and breathed the Korean air. I was so excited, yet nervous at the same time. I was greeted by something unusal.

There were thousands of people cheering when I came out. I was very confused. There were signs in Korean that was difficult for me to read. Soon, there were bodyguards next to me, as the crowd pushed themselves against the bodyguards, trying to take pictures of me. I was still confused. 

"You're Woonmyung-sshi right?" asked one of the bodyguards as he tried his best to protect me.

"Yes. Can you tell me what's going on right now?" I asked.

"Well, you are very popular in Korea for being the youngest Korean actor to film movies in Hollywood. I, myself, am a huge fan of you. We five bodyguards will try our best to you to the van that will take you to the office of SM Entertainment," he informed me in broken English.

"Aw..go map.uh.seum ni da," I attempted to say Thank You in Korean. The bodyguard was surprised.

"You speak Korean?" he asked (in Korean.)

"Yes. I understand Korean, but kind of at speaking it," I told him in English. We both laughed as we made our way to the door.

"Your van is right there. Have a safe drive and hope you enjoy Korea!" the bodyguard cheerfully said.

I got on the van and smiled at the nice bodyguard as I thanked him. I rested my head against the headrest and sighed. I couldn't believe I was in Korea! And that I had so many Korean fans. 

"Hello, Miss Woonmyung. I am Kim Seul Ahn, your driver. I will safely take you to the company. It'll take about an hour and a half, so please relax."

"Thank you, Mr. Kim!" I said cheerfully.

"You're a pretty little girl! I've seen your movies. You are a great actress! How old are you?" Mr. Kim asked.

"Thank you! And I am 15 years old. 16 in international age," I informed him.

"Really?! You are very talented! To catch a big entertainment's eyes, you must be a very special one!"

"SM is a big entertainment company?" I asked in surprise.

"SM is one of the most successful company in Korea! It's part of the Big 3 company. The "Big 3 League" is consister of YG Family, JYP Nation, and SM Town. You are in SM Town. All three companies produce the best idols, a term we call the teen singers." Mr. Kim told me.

"Ah," I replied.

"You speak pretty good Korean," complimented Mr. Kim.

"Really? I thought I had a heavy accent. I lived in the States all my life. My mom made me speak Korean in the house. But when I was 11, I left my family to become part of the band Seasons. So I haven't spoken Korean for about 4 years"
"You ran away from home?" Mr. Kim asked in surprised.

"Oh, no! I started to act professionally when I was 7, but wanted to become a singer. So I tried out for this audition and made it. I was 11 and the company was located in New York City. I told my mom that it was something I really wanted to do, so she give me her full support and allowed me to be part of Seasons when I was 11," I told him.

Mr. Kim sighed in relief. "You know, family is the most important thing in one's life. Do you still contact your parents?"

"Oh, yes! Most of the time, I call my parents. You know, my brother is a cello prodigy so I always call them to see how he's been doing," I told him.

 

Mr. Kim and I had a friendly conversation the whole way. My nervousness disappeared as I talked to him. He was a nice man and made me feel comfortable. He made me feel that I came back to my home country, even though I never been to Korea before.

"Ah! Here we are! The world famous office of SM Town!" announced Mr. Kim.

I climbed out of the car with butterflies in my stomach and stared at the builiding.

I was finally here.

_____________________________

hehehe 

more corny chessy stuff? sorry ^^;

well mr. lsm is coming up...and the idols :D haha

is this getting too boring? =/