Goodbye

One Pink Envelope

~1 Year 6 Months Later~

I looked at my calender and sighed at the red circle. August 29th. The day I have to leave...forever. I was only two days away and I wanted to make the most of it, especially since nobody else knew about my depature except the company. The company called me yesterday to talk about our contract. Sunsangnim offered me to stay longer with two more extra years, but I refused. I told Mrs. Ellington that two year was enough. Even though it wasn't, I had a promise to make. And for the last year and a half, Sehun oppa and I were on the same level. But as of now, I'm glad we didn't take it to the next level...I mean I was leaving anyways. I sighed and went out of my door. Everyone was in the living doing their own little thing. I grabbed my bag and decided to outside for awhile. No one seem to notice. I walked about 5 feet away from the house, when someone grabbed my hand. I looked up to see Sehun oppa smiling at me.

"Hey oppa!" I said as I closed my fingers until it touched his hand.

"Going somewhere?" he asked as he playfully put a disguise hat on me.

"I was just bored," I responded.

"I'll go with you," he said as he lead me to the streets.

As soon as we were at the busy streets, I quickly let go of his hands. Confused, he held it again. I tried to pull away, but he gripped it tighter.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"What if people see us?" I said worriedly.

"Don't worry. We're wearing disguises, remember?" he said. Oh yeah! We were! 

"Oh yeah..." I said. He laughed as we went around store to store. Luckily, we weren't caught by anyone. We drank bubble tea, ate small snacks, and bought other stuffs. We were out for about 3 hours and I was getting tired. I yawned.

"Someone's tired," said Sehun oppa as he laughed. I laughed too as I nodded. We were sitting on the grass, looking out to the lovely view of the Han River. I put my head on his shoulders. A sudden nostalgia penetrated my body. I was going to miss him...real bad.

"Oppa...you know that I love you, right?" I said.

"Of course! I love you, too! Are you okay? Why are you suddenly saying those things?" he asked worriedly.

"Just..."I answered. He put his arms around me and we stayed like that for awhile. I wished that the world and time just stopped. And then, I did something unexpected: I kissed his cheek. Surprised, he looked at me. My face turned red, but all he did was smile and laugh. I guess I didn't want to leave him and all...I feel like an idiot. He stood up and offered his hand. I accepted and we walked back to the dorm. Best date ever. I was glad to spend my second to last day with someone I love...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, I woke up with a heavy sigh. Today was my last 24 hours. I had to do something with everyone. I got out my phone and touched all the managers' name.

To: DBSK Manager, SJ Manager, SHA Manager, SoShi Manager, EXO Manager, f(x) Manager

Manager oppas and unnis! Can you clear out everyone's schedule for today?

From: SHA Manager

Why?

To: DBSK Manager, SJ Manager, SHA Manager, SoShi Manager, EXO Manager, f(x) Manager

Because today's my last day and I want to spend the whole day with all of them...

From; SJ Manager

Oh yeah it's your last day! I'll clear out SJ's schedule...don't worry :) have fun! 

From: DBSK Manager

Same here! OMO WOONMYUNG! I'M GOING TO MISS YOU!

From: f(x) Manager

i'm with EXO manager and we're both okay with it

From: SoShi Manager

LOL yoona's drama director got mad for last minute cancelling...whatever SoShi is fine~

From: SHA Manager

today is supposed to be SHINee's album recording day...we'll do it tmrw!

To: DBSK Manager, SJ Manager, SHA Manager, SoShi Manager, EXO Manager, f(x) Manager

thanks! also, the unnis and oppas don't know right???

From: DBSK Manager

nopee!

From: SJ Manager

None of them know anything!

From: EXO Manager

nope! but if exo found out that i knew before...i would be dead xP

From: SoShi Manager

not a single thing!

From: f(x) Manager

No need to worry about f(x)!

From: SHA Manager

Hey Woonmyung, I just talked to Lee Soo Man sunsangnim and he said that he rented out an amusement park for you guys just right now. tell everyone to get ready in 30 minutes!

To: SHA Manager

REALLY? THANKS!! :D

Oh dear...I had approximately five minutes to wake everyone up. I ran to the backyard and plugged in the huge, cannon speakers. (Don't ask why we have it here...cough cough EXO's singing party...cough) I started to sing off-key on purpose...really loud. One by one, sleepy unnis and oppas came downstairs, covering their ears and looking at me as if they were going to kill me for waking them up from their beauty sleep.

"STOP STOP!" yelled Kyuhyun oppa. When the last person came downstairs, I smiled and put the mic down. They sighed in relief and asked me what happened.

"Get ready! We're leaving in 25 minutes!" I said as I rushed them.

"What's going on?" asked Xiumin oppa as he rubbed his eyes.

"No time for questions!" I said while running to my room. Seeing this, all the other unnis and oppas ran to their room to get dressed.

~.~

We were all in the bus and everyone was confused.

"Woonmyung? What's happening?" asked Taeyeon unni.

"We're going to go play!" I said in glee.

"Play?" asked Changmin oppa.

"Yup! Sunsangnim rented a whole amusement park for us!" I said.

"But I have a drama shooting today!" complained Yoona unni.

"Don't worry, unni, your manager took care of that," I responded.

"We have to go work on our 5th full album..." said Onew oppa.

"Your manager oppa said he'll push it back a day," I told him. Everyone seemed excited. It was hard for all of us to get a break.

"YAY!" screamed Chanyeol oppa and Baekhyun oppa while throwing their hands in the air. In the process, Baekhyun oppa hit Chen oppa's nose and the two playfully fought. I laughed. I was going to miss this...the fun and derpiness of EXO, seriousness of DBSK, pranks of Super Junior, dorkiness of SNSD, playfulness of SHINee, and the support and family-unni-ness of f(x). I smiled as I looked at all of their faces...one by one...

 

Once we got there, all of EXO, except Suho oppa and Kris, ran inside the parks...the two leaders were like two fathers watching their kids run around the playground. SHINee oppas followed them as Super Junior oppas chased their boy hoobaes. DBSK oppas, who were the biggest sunbaes here, went straight to the cafe. SNSD unnis went to the first shop that caught their eyes. f(x) unnis dragged me to the rollercoasters. Sulli unni and Victoria unni were too scared to go on, so they followed SNSD unnis around. The rest of us, Krystal unni, Luna unni, Amber unni, and I ran into the zigzag line until we reached the ride. The employee explained the basic rules as we anxiously waited in the ride. When he was finished, he pushed a red button as we slowly escalated. I was seated next to Amber, and we were both really excited. Krystal unni and Luna unni were half excited and half nervous. From below, we saw EXO oppas and SHINee oppas looking at us with their mouths hanging open.

"Hi oppas!" I yelled. Amber laughed.

"Why are there faces like that?" she asked.

"I don't know," I responded, as we suddenly plunged down. Amber and I screamed with joy while Luna unni and Krystal unni screamed in terror. Once the ride was over, Amber and I got out with laugher while the other two wimpy unnis came out while shivering. Amber and I ran out to go ride other rollercoasters, while the rest of the unnis looked at us as if we were crazy.

The day ended and we were all in the bus. Everyone was sleeping. I smiled. It had been an amazing two years with these wonderful people. Luck and fate were on my side...I was glad it was them who were my dormmates, labelmates, and my siblings I never had. I felt a tear drop rolling down my cheek. I quickly wiped in, just in case anyone saw me. The bus was quiet and my head started to hurt. It was too quiet! I laughed at myself. I remebered my first day...I got a headache from the noisiness of these crazy people. That day in the bus when I was reunited with Seohyun unni...my little conversation with MinTae oppa...

~.~

I was sitting in a movie theatre...all alone. I stared at the blanked screen, but soon it played something...memories of Korea...one by one, each memory played. The movie didn't feel long, although I've seen a lot of footage.

"Can you play it again?" I asked.

"Sorry, I already threw away the film..." answered a voice.

I woke up in the middle of the night. The memories were so sweet, yet it was to be erased? I looked at the clock.

5:52AM.

I sighed. It was morning soon. All the oppas and unnis were to wake up at 6:30 for their schedules. Sunsangnim suggested that I spend my official last hours by myself, and I thought it was a great idea. I got out of my bed and went to the kitchen. My last breakfast for them...I cracked eggs and stirred and chopped and cooked...I set the food on the counter tables. I heard a couple of people wake up. I quickly undid my apron and ran into my room, faking to sleep. I heard a couple of eager oppas yelling "FOOD!" I softly laughed and found myself sleeping again...

....and when I woke back up, the first thing I did was look at my clock.

8:12AM. Perfect. By now, everyone had left the dorm and it was only me. I brushed my teeth and changed into comfortable clothes. I pulled out my suitcase and started to pack everything. As I put in my belongings one by one, I found myself smiling like an idiot and crying like an idiot. All these things were precious memory to me...I looked at my ring.

You, especially.

After I was done packing, I hid the suitcase underneath my desk. Even though, all of the unnis and oppas were not coming back to the dorm until midnight, I hid it just in case. I looked at myself in the mirror as I brushed my hair. I checked my teeth, making sure nothing disgusting was there. I nodded and grabbed a camcorder. I set it on a tripod, hit record, and sat in front of it....

 

~12 hours later...~

I didn't even say goodbye, but my heart was aching. Before I knew it, I was in front of the airport. My manager help me with my stuff. I saw tears in his eyes.

"Oppa, thank you for the two years," I said as I hugged him.

"I'm going to miss you, Woonmyung," he said while sniffing.

I took my suitcase and waved at him. I had my hood on and my glasses, so no one noticed. I gave my passport and ticket to the attending lady, where she checked the information and let me in the gates. I was right on time..my plane was leaving in five minutes. I quickly raced to the correct gate as I boarded the plane. I found my seat and sat down. My company made sure that I had my private space, so there was no one sitting next to me. I looked out the small airplane window.

"Our plane will be leaving right now..." I heard the pilot speak. But I paid no attention to it. I continued staring outside and continously sighed. The plane started to take off and my tears started to stream down my face...streams and streams of tears...Goodbye, Korea. Goodbye, unnis. Goodbye, oppas. You were all the greatest thing that ever happened to me in my laugh...

 

~~~~~~

It was midnight when all of them came in the dorm, laughing. They all finished their respective schedules and coincidentally all met in front of the dorm at the same time.

"WOONMYUNG!" screamed Donghae. But no response.

"Where is she?" asked Sungmin. Everyone shrugged as they happily sat down on the couch or the living room floor.

"We should have a bonding time!" suggested Taeyeon. Everybody nodded in agreement.

"Kyungsoo, go get Woonmyung," ordered Suho. D.O. nodded as he headed to his cousin's room.

"Woonmyung!" he said while going into the room. But he found an empty room....a very empty room. All of her belongings were gone. Panicking, D.O. looked everyone for her.

Where is she?

Then, he found a black tape on her desk. It read:

To: My Lovely Unnis and Oppas

You guys know that I love you, right?

Confused and kind of sensing what was going on, D.O. ran to the living room.

"She's not there, but this was there," he said while showing everyone the tape.

"I think she wants to watch this movie!" said Tao optimistcally. Everyone agreed as D.O. put the tape into the video player.

"What movie do you think she's going to play?" asked Jessica.

"Twilight?" suggested Luhan.

"Ewwwww no," complained Baekhyun.

"Some love story?" asked Chanyeol.

The black screened was now filled with a single image of one person. LeeTeuk pressed play as the figure begin to move...

Unni! Oppa! It's me, Woonmyung! If you're watching this, then I've already left for New York. My two years are up. Yes, I know it's hard to believe. These two years were the most amazing years of my life.

"It's...Woonmyung..." whispered Seohyun, as she saw her cousin on the screen, crying.

I remember the first day here...I couldn't adjust to the hyped mood of everyone, thinking these two years would be long and torturous...and I was certainly wrong! I've met the most amazing people...EVER. There were so many memories of all of us...and I thought it'll never end. When I found out that my end was coming near, I forced myself not to believe it. But I had no choice, but to accept. Oppas, unnis, I love all of you guys. I'm going to miss having you guys in my life...I'm going to miss the smiles and pranks we all shared when someone was having a bad day...I'm going to miss our SM Town concerts...I'm going to miss...just simply EVERYTHING. I left without saying goodbye because saying goodbye is the most painful thing ever. If I said goodbye to all of you before leaving, I probably would be dead by now. Also, this isn't the end. There would be times later when we'll meet. It's certainly not a goodbye. Oppas, unnis! Work hard, okay? Support me in whatever I do in New York and I will do the same! I'll miss you for sure, and I'll meet you guys later! But as for now, I'll be seeing you guys on TV and on the computer right?

The room was dead silent. The Woonmyung in the video was a mess. She was crying almost the whole time. Even everyone in the room was crying and shocked. Of all the people, Sehun was in the most shock. He was also the one who cried the most. He was going to do it tonight. He was going to ask her to be his girlfriend.....tonight.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

EPILOUGE

 ~2 Years Later~

SM never produced a rookie group after the sorrowful leave of Woonmyung...and she didn't even know why.

She came out of the airport, smirking. She had a nice taste of fashion, a fedora and expensive sunglasses. She had her passport in her hand and a pink envelope...that started it all. She confidently walked and nobody noticed her. 

Aw, just like 4 years ago...except much more quieter.

Her ride was waiting for her outside. The driver smiled at her.

"Welcome back, Miss Woonmyung," he said as she smiled and sat in the car.

"Thank you," she responded, but this time with a much more clearer Korean. She didn't sleep in the car and she didn't talk. All she did was look at her pink envelope. She smiled at it and gripped it. In about an hour, she arrived. She thanked the driver as she walked in the office. She saw the guy whom she first met the first time she was here. Fortunately for her, he didn't seem to notice. He looked like he was in a hurry as he ran outside to join his teammates. Without asking anyone any questions, she guided herself to the room...the room that changed her life forever. She softly knocked and opened the door as the owner gave her permission.

"Woonmyung!" he cried as soon as he saw her. A much more mature looking (and tall) Woonmyung took her sunglasses off and hugged her teacher.

"Hi, sunsangnim!" she said.

"You've grown, alot!" he commented.

"I'm almost twenty!" she whined.

"When you were here for the first time...you were still in high school," he said fatherly. Woonmyung laughed. But they both knew they weren't meeting for laughs. Woonmyung sat on the chair that was across from his. He pulled out something from his drawer and slid it across her. He handed her a pen, and without hesitating, she signed it.

"An official 'Welcome Back, Woonmyung,'" the teacher said with a grin.

"Glad to do business with you," she said sarcastically. He laughed as Woonmyung stood up.

"Well, I have a concert to go to," she said.

"Yes, you do. I'll see you there," he said. Woonmyung nodded as she left the room. She quickly ran downstairs and reunited with her manager. She learned that he had his wedding last year and is now a proud father. She smiled. Almost nothing had changed...except for her manager's private life. She asked him if he could take her to the dorm and the manager obeyed. Her eyes were glued to the windows...she remembered everything. Once there, Woonmyung quickly went inside the dorm, password still the same, and re-admired the dorm. Really, nothing has changed. She went in to her old room. Just a bit dusty, but it was fine. She threw her suitcase in there and went to go get ready. Her stylist came in, handed her a light pink dress for the concert, and concentrated on her hair and make up. Woonmyung kept reading the letter she had with her this whole time. That little message inside the pink envelope..

Dear Woonmyung,

 

It's been two years since you've left. We were wondering if you want to switch companies....with SM? A permanent contract...no limits, no nothing.

Thanks,

 

Lee Soo Man

Chairman of SM Entertainment, Korea

Short, but powerful. Once she was done, she ran out of the dorm and had her manager drive to her concert. Her manager explained to her the procedures of her entrance as she nodded in understandment.

The ride only took about 20 minutes. She smiled when she saw the pink banner. SMTOWN Live World Tour in Korea. She was guided into the backstage. She could here "Hope" playing, the finale song of every SMTOWN concert.

Not this time...

"THANK YOU EVERYONE! KAMSAHAMNIDA!" she heard everyone scream as they did their finale bow. She clapped and smiled like any other fan.

"Woonmyung-sshi, when you start singing, this platform will rise..." the director explained. She concentrated on his explanation...she didn't want to mess up her entrance. 

"Five...four..." the countdown began. 

She smiled at the thought of seeing their faces again...especially Sehun's. She rubbed her ring that was no longer on her necklace, but on her finger. The piano started to play. She was singing her favorite song by Baek Ji Young, After A Long Time. She felt like it was the most appropriate song. She could hear her unnis and oppas looking around in confusion. She smiled as her platform began to elevate...and she was greeted with surprised and happy faces...

....and she was able to see those because of One Pink Envelope.

________________________

THE END :D

i hope you guys liked my first fanfic ><

it was kind of a fail, huh?

but its over(: thanks for sticking around 36 chapters~~

chapter poster credits to: caram-eL it's really pretty, right?(:

 

im glad you guys liked woonmyung and the smtown idols :D

its so hard to say goodbye, huh? :( anyways

LOVE YOU ALL THE SUBSCRIBERS AND COMMENT-ORS <3 YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING :D I ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR COMMENTS :DDDDDD

and i hope you guys check out my second fanfic: Sweet, Salty, Sweaty ! More TaelLi Moments to come(; [for those who read it already xD]

MILLIONS OF THANKS AND LOVE <3 THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!