Birthday Presents

One Pink Envelope

***4 Months Later***

I sighed as I stared at the calendar hard. Tomorrow is Christmas...12/25...my birthday...another year of no celebrating. Since my birthday falls on the same day as Christmas, I would always skip celebrating it. For four years, I would receieve Christmas presents and Christmas songs...never birthday presents or birthday cakes or birthday song. And since none of the oppas and unnis know about my birthday, I would celebrate only Christmas...again. Also, all of the oppas and unnis agreed to not give anyone Christmas gifts, since there were too many people in the house. At least in Seasons I got presents...I found myself circling tomorrow's date on my calendar, repeatedly writing "Christmas" and "My Birthday" on the little square. I let out a deep sigh again and went out of my room and into the empty living room. All of the unnis and oppas went out to celebrate the Eve with their friends...I, the one without any friends in Korea, decided to stay at home by myself and find something to do. I went to the kitchen and looked at the awards from last night. We went to the end-of-the-year ceremony for K-POP stars. We came home late last night, so all of the awards we won were still on the table. I picked up my reward...Female Soloist: Rookie of the Year. I was proud of it. I rummaged through all the rewards SM Town got. A lot of rewards. I placed all of the awards onto our shelf of awards...where we put our Music Bank wins and other trophies. It was 8 at night and nobody was here. It was getting dark and I hated to be by myself when it's dark. I some music and went into the kitchen to make something sweet. 

Even though we promised to not give each other presents, I decided to break it and make Christmas cookies for everyone. I mean, it was their fault that I'm here alone. I decided to do a little "Cookies for Santa" for my hardworking oppas and unnis. It took me about 2 hours to bake and cool the cookies. I wrapped them in little bags. I placed a bag in front of each door and set a little carton of milk next to it. That took about 45 minutes. I looked at the clock:

11:42PM.

I realized how tired I was and how these mean unnis and oppas were never going to come, so I decided to go to sleep. Even though I was falling asleep, I heard everyone come in the house. When they saw my present, they were confused:

"What is this?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was the first one up, making breakfast for everyone. Christmas was here and so was my birthday. I decided to let go of my hatred of not celebrating Christmas and be merry! Besides, I was too old to celebrate my birthday anyways! While I was flipping pancakes (Red Velvet Pancakes to match the mood!), I received a text. I checked and found 5 texts from my teammates in Seasons and my family. They all wished me a Merry Christmas and, more importantly, a Happy Birthday. I was happy and almost forgot to burn a pancake.

Soon, everyone was up and done with breakfast. I wondered how Christmas is celebrated in Korea. Instead, LeeTeuk oppa said:

"Woonmyung! We all came in too late last night but sungsangnim wants to see a representative from SM Town artist line. He said he has to give us something. Do you mind going?"

I looked at him as if he was crazy.

"But there's no one that'll take me!" I complained.

"The subways are open?" suggested Donghae oppa.

I gave them a -.- face but went outside. I had no idea how to get to the office. Luckily, I knew the address. The roads were quiet...no taxis and no buses. The subway, turns out, is temporarily down because they were installing some safety bars or something. I pulled on my parka and decided it'll be best to walk to the office...in the snow...in the cold weather. Every step I took made me angrier and angrier. Why am I walking literally 2 hours in the snow for my sunbaes? Why were there no taxis or buses? Why was the subway down? Just then, three black vans were driving past me, then stopped. I didn't bother to look at it so I just minded my own business and kept walking. Suddenly, someone put a scarf around me, causing me to jump.

"What the-" I started as I turned around.

"MyungWoon-ah~!" said a happy Taemin oppa. My eyes widened as I automatically tackled him with a hug. Slowly, SHINee oppas, SNSD unnis, and TVXQ oppas got off the vans as I hugged everyone.

"Where are you going, Woonmyung? In this cold weather?" asked Tiffany unni.

I explained them everything and expressed my anger. They nodded as they listened to me.

"Here...we'll all cram into two vans and you can take the other one to the office," said Taeyeon unni.

"No! You guys just had a long flight! You guys should just rest in a roomy van...I don't mind walking at all!" I protested.

"We're fine! I don't want you to suffer in this cold winter! And besides, it's Christmas! We want you back ASAP so that you can celebrate it with us!" said Changmin oppa as he pushed me into the van.

"Can I go with her?" whined Taemin oppa. Onew oppa nodded in approval.

"Take care of her, Lee Taemin! If she's hurt or anything, you'll be dead in my hands!" threatened Seohyun unni. She surprised everyone...she wasn't the type of person to threaten people or get violent. Taemin oppa nodded nervously and got on the van with me. I waved goodbye to everyone and the two vans rolled away the opposite direction.

"So, MinTae oppa, how was Japan?" I asked him.

"Fun! And alot  of Japanese! And you have no idea how much I've missed you!" he said. I pouted in response and we both laughed. Soon, he fell asleep and had his head against my shoulder. I smiled and patted his head. He was someone that I could look up to. Debuted at a young age...going to a foreign country and learning their language at a young age...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't open these until you get to the dorm!" cautioned sunsangnim.

Taemin oppa and I were in Sunsangnim's room and he handed Taemin oppa a BIG box.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"You'll see! Like I said...DON'T OPEN IT UNTIL YOU GET TO THE DORM!" emphasized sunsangnim. Taemin oppa and I said yes and sunsangnim childishly made us swear. Oppa and I thanked him and yelled "Merry Christmas!" to him and left the office. In the car, we both were staring at the box. What could possibly be in that huge box?

"What do you think is in it?" I asked Taemin oppa.

"I honetly don't know..." responded Taemin oppa. "Let's peek!" he suggested.

I punched his shoulders and reminded him that we even swore to not open the box until we get to the dorm. He nodded and checked his phone.

"Who are you texting?" I asked.

"Someone..." he responded.

"Your girlfriend?" I teased. He turned red.

"SHE'S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND!" he yelled.

"I don't even know who you're texting. So you're texting a girl..." I concluded with a laugh.

My Taemin oppa had a crush on someone. How cute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We soon arrived to the dorm. Taemin oppa held the heavy box as I opened the door.

"We're ho-" I started.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WOONMYUNG!" yelled everyone. My eyes widened in confusion. How..? From the side, Taemin oppa had a HUGE smile on his face and ruffled my hair. Everyone was looking at me and I was still looking at them in surprise. Taemin oppa guided me into the living room. The living room was decorated and there were food on the table. All the unnis and oppas were congratulating me.

"But how..?" I asked.

"Seohyun! It was all Seohyun! She said that she remembered that your birthday was on Christmas so she begged the managers to let us come back to Korea so she can celebrate with you! We told everyone else and we all planned this for you!" explained Jessica unni.

"Then last night, when you guys all left me..?" 

"We went to the hotel TVXQ, SNSD, and SHINee were in and had a meeting. They actually came yesterday, but spent a night at the hotel," explained Yesung oppa.

"And the box sunsangnim gave me...?"

"It was all planned! That box is his present for you!" explained Sulli unni.

I was getting angry, yet happy at the same time. I couldn't control myself and tears rolled down my face. All the oppas and unnis were surprised.

"You..don't like it?" asked Baekhyun oppa carefully. I shook my head.

"No, I love it! It's just that it's been so long since I celebrated my birthday...and a bit angry for making me walk in the snow," I responded as I shot LeeTeuk oppa a death glare. He looked at me apologetically.

"Let's unwrap sunsangnim's gift!" yelled Chanyeol oppa. I got up and slowly opened the box. Inside, there was a HUGE cake. There was also a note from sunsangnim:

Woonmyung! I am happy that you are part of this family! Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas!

I silently thanked sunsangnim in my head. And then...

this. huge. cake. attacked. me.

The unnis and oppas flipped the cake onto me...I was now...a girl covered in cake. I let out a laugh as I started to seek revenge. Soon, we were having a cake throwing fight. It was really fun and then I said,

"I'm going to go change." 

All the oppas and unnis nodded, saying they would do the same. I quickly ran into my room. My room was...filled with presents. I yelled and everyone laughed.

"Those are our birthday gifts to you! They're not Christmas presents, FYI! So we didn't the rules! Unlike someone," explained Luhan oppa. I yelled a Thank You to these amazing oppas and unnis. I quickly got into the show and rinsed all the cake off and got into fresh clothes. Knowing that all the oppas and unnis will take forever in the shower, I decided to look through the pile of presents. None of them were signed so I didn't know who gave what. I found clothes, a Dr. Dre Beats headphones, vitamins, school utensils, and accessories. I found a really pretty ring and assumed that Seohyun unni gave me it. I think I remember her wearing the same ring before. I decided to wear it forever because it was a representation of a joyous day! I thought that everyone would be done by now, so I skipped outside my door. And surprisingly, no one was ready yet. I sighed as I headed to the living room, but suddenly someone grabbed me and dragged me to the opposite side. I was dragged to the backyard, to the garden no one went to. The suspect was Sehun oppa and I got scared. After the...incident..., I avoided him a little. What he said was unclear, to be honest. I didn't know if he meant it like a boy actually having feelings for a girl or if he meant it like a sunbae-hoobae relationship. 

"O-oppa...is there anything you want?" I asked nervously. His calm face shook.

"Well...the thing is...I didn't get you a present because I didn't know what to give you. But I thought you would like an answer," he said. Answer?

"An answer? For what?" I asked.

"For...the radio broadcast four months ago," he said.

"Oh that! I totally know what you meant! You like me as a sunbae-hoobae relationship! Don't worry oppa, I didn't misunderstand!" I said.

And then it happened. He leaned over and kissed me. I was surprised. Very.

"That's my answer. And that's my present," he said as he walked back in the house.

I stood there and my mind went blank. What actually just happened?

_____________________________________

lol

tbh...it felt awkward writing about the kiss scene XD haha

too korean drama...lol who cares? its just a fanfic XDDD

expect more korean drama moments...but i dont think a kpop fanfic wont have at least one korean drama moment XD haha thats what i think~

hope you guys enjoy :D