Back to New York City: Temporarily? Forever?

One Pink Envelope

A month flew past quickly. All of us were finding ourselves practicing til 3AM. I practiced with D.O. oppa and Seohyun unni for at least 1000 times the past month. The most funniest moment from the past month was Sehun oppas's silent treatment on D.O. oppa for two weeks. After the "incident," Sehun oppa ignored him. He stopped when D.O. oppa threatened him that he wouldn't give him any of his food. Right after he heard that, Sehun oppa started to talk to D.O. oppa and showed some of his "unseen" aegyo. 

I had a hoodie over my hand and a backpack on. I had a Green Tea Frappuccino in one hand and my passport and ticket on the other. I was in a line of SM Town artists with screaming fans, waiting for the lady to check our passports. Kai oppa was playfully pushing me from behind. I kept bumping into Kangin oppa, who was right in front of me. Kangin oppa laughed and did the same to LeeTeuk oppa, who was in front of him. Kai oppa pushed me again and this time, I elbowed him real hard. Afterwards, he kept quiet and kept touching my hair. I decided to ignore it. It was my turn in the line. I handed my passport and ticket to the lady. She checked it and allowed me to go through the gates. When everyone was checked in, we headed to the correct gate. We had a special SM Town plane. Our faces were on the plane...it felt awkward seeing my face on the side of the plane. We were automatically allowed in. I sat next to Sehun oppa and on the opposite side was Sulli unni and Taemin oppa. Sehun oppa knew about Taemin oppa's crush, so we tried to become cupids for the two. Like just right now, I lead Sulli unni to the seat in front of me. Sehun oppa asked Taemin oppa to sit in front of him. I put my phone in airplane mode and safely put it in my backpack. I took out my iPod and started to play my music. I fell asleep even before the plane departed. 

I woke up with a blanket around me. My head was against Sehun oppa's shoulder and his head was on top of mine. It had been 5 hours since we departed. As I slowly slid my head out, Sehun oppa's head fell on to my shoulder. The plane was dark and everyone was sleeping. In front of me, Sulli unni's head was on Taemin oppa's shoulder and her arm was linked to Taemin oppa's arm. I had a feeling the linking arm was Sehun oppa's doing. I noticed that Sehun oppa sacrificed his blanket for me. Oppa was shivering for the coldness. I grabbed my unopened blanket, unwrapped the covers, and wrapped around the cold Sehun oppa. I noticed how handsome he looked when he slept. His features were flawless. I sighed. My deadline was almost up....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"WOW!" awed the unnis and oppas. We landed at New York Airport. We were all in the top part of a pink, double dutch bus, personalized for SM Town. Everyone was amazed at Times Square.

"Psh, I thought you guys performed and toured here before," I commented.

"We get easily amazed at the same things," commented Yesung oppa. I laughed.

"And it's OUR first time here," said Lay oppa. Oh yeah, EXO's first time in New York. The traffic was especially slow, since our bus was surrounded by screaming fans with posters. We were stuck in front of my old Seasons apartment. I smiled as memories came back to me. The bus hadn't budge for 15 minutes and showed no signs of moving. Just then, I heard my English name. It didn't come from the fans.

"DESTINY!"

I jerked my head. I saw my Seasons bandmate sticking their head out of the apartment.

"OMG! GUYS!" I yelled back, standing up. We all screamed in joy. I introduced them to my unnis and oppas. They were all nice to each other.

"Wow, you're right, Des. All those uhh 'oppas' are cute!" commented Jacqueline. I rolled my eyes and the oppas seem satisfied.

"You guys are coming, right?" I asked. Elizabeth held up eight passes.

"Tickets and the backstage passes!" she boasted. I laughed.

"Des, traffic's moving. Better sit down!" yelled Kristy. I nodded.

"I'll see you guys!" I yelled. We all waved at each other. I plopped into my seats.

"Ellen's cute," stated D.O. oppa.

"She's the maknae, what do you expect?" I asked in a "duh" tone.

"Tao oppa? Sehun oppa?" I asked. It was confusing who he was refering to, since theres an EXO-K maknae and an EXO-M maknae.

"No! Maknae of SM Town! You~ and because you're my cousin," he corrected. I punched him pretty hard, but he playfully nudged my shoulders.

I glanced behind to see what Sehun oppa was doing. His eyes were glued to the screen of his phone. Kyuhyun oppa, Minho oppa, Taemin oppa, and Changmin oppa were teasing him.

"Even in New York, you two lovebirds can't stop talking to each other."

I looked down and bit my lips. D.O. oppa saw me and grabbed my hands in a sympathetic way. I weakly smiled.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We all finished rehearsing at Madison Square Garden. Everyone was sweating at it was 10 at night. The of-age idols went to "experience" a club in New York City. The underaged idols (from 1992-1997...namely Taemin oppa, Amber unni, Luna unni, Sulli unni, Krystal unni, Chen oppa, Tao oppa, Chanyeol oppa, Baekhyun oppa, D.O. oppa, Kai oppa, Sehun oppa, and me) decided to walk around Times Square.

Sulli unni, Krystal unni, Luna unni, and I were lured in to the huge Forever 21 store. Amber and the guys groaned, but were eventually in the store with us. The unnis and I (minus Amber) were hyped up about the pretty clothes laid out in front of us. We picked a lot of clothes. 

"Oppa! Buy me these!" I said to D.O. oppa, showing him a handful of tops and jewlery. His eyes widened as I sweetly laughed at him.

"I'll pay half?" suggested Taemin oppa.

"No! MinTae oppa, go buy Sulli unni's clothes!" I said. He turned his head to Sulli unni, who had twice as much items as I had.

"Jongin...half..." pleaded Taemin oppa. Kai oppa sighed and the three went to the cash register.

"Sehun, you and I pay for these then," said D.O. oppa. Sehun oppa already had his wallet ready. I gave the clothes to D.O. oppa and the two went to go pay. I decided to take a good look around the shop one more time. I saw Amber take her wallet out as she and Baekhyun oppa went to go buy Luna unni's things. Chanyeol oppa, Tao oppa, and Chen oppa played rock paper scisscor to see who would pay for Krystal unni's stuff...she had almost four times the items I had. In the end, Chanyeol oppa and Tao oppa were the losers.

After all the oppas and Amber bought our clothes, we head out to eat a late night snack. I guided them to my favorite hamburger shop, Shake Shack. There weren't as many people as I expected there would be. We sat down and looked over the menu. Amber, Krystal unni, and I had a lot of translating to do for the other English-naive unnis and oppas. We placed our orders and the food came out quickly. Kai oppa, Sehun oppa, and Taemin oppa finished their burgers in three bites. They ordered more. The others ate slowly. We almost never got free time like this. When we were done, Kai oppa and Sehun oppa attempted to order some shakes; but we were able to drag them out of the restaurant. We walked around a little more, but I was soon tired. We went back to our hotel and I flopped on the bed. I took a quick shower and changed into my pajamas. Using the hotel room phone, I called Sulli unni and Krystal unni's room. They picked up and I asked them to come over. It was lonely being in a room by myself. (I didn't get a roommate.) In two minutes, two tall teenaged girls were in their pajamas in front of my room. They came in and we all sat on my bed. Krystal unni bought some chips from the lobby, so we were snacking on those, while worrying about our figure and weight. On TV, reruns of my favorite show, Glee, was on. Krystal unni and I loved Glee, but wasn't able to keep up with it because of our schedules. Our eyes never left the screen. Sulli unni constantly asked us what was going on. We patiently answered her. The show ended and we all talked about it. Sulli unni was interested in Mike Chang, aka Harry Shum Jr. I felt bad for Taemin oppa...the competition for Sulli unni. Just then, the phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"OMG WOONMYUNG! SULLI AND KRYSTAL ARE MISSING!" yelled Taemin oppa. He yelled so loudly that I dropped the phone and we could still hear him shout.

"Oppa, calm dow-"

"WHAT IF SOMEONE KIDNAPPED THEM?! WOONMYUNG! SHOULD I CALL THE POLICE?!" he yelled.

"OPPA! CALM DOWN! THEY'RE IN MY ROOM!" I yelled back at him. The other end was quiet. 

"Oh..." he said.

"Sheesh." I responded.

"Jongin and I still had Sulli's clothes so...I'll give it to her tomorrow," he said.

"You...do that. Go to sleep oppa," I commanded as I put the phone back. Sulli unni and Krystal unni were laughing like maniacs...

"Aww, Taemin oppa worrying about you, Ssul," teased Krystal unni.

"Shut up, Soojung," she said. I laughed.

"But he seems to like you alot," said Krystal unni. Sulli unni shrugged.

"You two should go out!" suggested Krystal unni.

"What? Kangin oppa will kill us! You know what he said! No dating between SM Town!" said Sulli unni.

"What is he, your dad?" responded Krystal unni.

"If Taemin oppa was in the different agencies and asked you out, will you say yes?" I asked.

"Hmm...if he's the same person he is today, most likely," Sulli unni answered. Good news for Taemin oppa!

"How about you, Soojung. Do you like anyone?" asked Sulli unni slyly.

"Ugh..Kim Jongin is sooo annoying! He called me a grandma and he takes my things without even asking!" complained Krystal unni.

"He likes you?!" I asked.

"No and I hope he doesn't. I'm staying single forever!" commented Krystal unni. I laughed.

"Woonmyung! How about you?" asked Sulli unni.

"No one!" I responded.

"Psh, sure," doubted Krystal unni.

"But you and Sehun are so cute together! that he's going out with Suzy..." commented Sulli unni. I laughed it off. My hotel room phone rang again.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Can we go over?" asked the voice from the other line. Taemin oppa.

"Oppa are you crazy? No," I said.

"Please Please Please Please Please!" pleaded Taemin oppa.

"No No No No No!" I responded.

"Pretty please?" said Taemin oppa and Kai oppa, who probably was next to him, at the same time.

"Good night, oppas," I said as I hang up the phone. The unnis were laughing at the immaturity of the two friends. My phone buzzed, alerting me that I received a text. I grabbed my phone and unlocked it.

From: Miss Park

Tomorrow's the day. Techincally, today. It's 2AM. You have less than 24 hours. Think about it. Make the right choice.