To..? Or Not To...?

One Pink Envelope

We all hopped off the bus and went into the backstage. The performance was 5 hours away, but we all wanted to rehearse a little before going on. The backstage waiting room was huge. There was a curtain that splitted half of the room. It splitted the room into boys and girls, since we have to quickly and constantly had to change clothes. I checked my wardrobes I was going to wear for tonight. After checking, I decided to tour around Madison Square Garden. On the way out, I met Changmin oppa. We decided to go look around the stage together. One of the managers stopped us to take a picture for the Facebook page. We snapped a quick shot and ran on stage. Changmin oppa was giving me some vocal lessons. The staff members probably thought that we were weird...I mean a 16 year old and a 24 year old was standing on stage, screaming the highest notes they can get. Yunho oppa rushed in, telling us to stop and think about our voices for tonight's concert. We agreed and went back off stage. SNSD unnis were the first ones to rehearse. One act after another, everyone finished rehearsing. Until the concert starts: 2 hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here are your mics!" said the staff in a rushed manner. I held onto my mic and held onto D.O. oppa's hand. All of my individual performances were finished. All of the special stages were next, starting with my duet with D.O. oppa. I felt burdened. This was a stage that wasn't mine but also D.O. oppa's. I didn't want to mess this up for D.O. oppa. We went to our places and was getting ready to get on. The previous stage was finished and the sweet piano harmony played. I let out a little sigh and started to sing. I was on stage with my cousin...possibly for the last time. Maybe not. But possibly. After Nagging, I sang I Feel Pretty/Unpretty with Seohyun unni. After that was over, I quickly ran to the dressing room. The maknae performance was almost right after. While Seohyun unni and my clothes were lady like, the maknae performance clothes required really high black heels, black skinnies, and a black, studded jacket. I also had to tie my hair in a specific way. I wore all my clothes in about 1 minute, while my stylist did my hair. All the other unnis and oppas were finished...they were all waiting for me.

"One minute till maknae stage!" informed the staff. The stylist hurried. When she was finished, I quickly ran over to the unnis and oppas. I grabbed Sehun oppa's hand and Kai oppa's wrist and ran while the others ran after us. We all positioned ourselves and danced our feet out for five minutes. By the end of the song, we were all sweating like crazy. The lights dimmed out and we all high fived and hugged each other. Sehun oppa and I tried our best to get Taemin oppa to be next to Sulli unni. Kai oppa and Tao oppa, who thought that we were doing it as a joke, joined in. In the end, Taemin oppa had his arm around Sulli unni, causing me and Krystal unni to squeal and the oppas to laugh. We all ran off stage. That was the end of my performances. Sehun oppa ran to the waiting room...his performance with TTS was soon. I changed into my self-designed SM Town t-shirt. I had 45 minutes to spare. I sighed. I was the only one in the waiting room. Everyone else was getting ready for other performances. 

"Destiny!" cried a voice. I turned. There was a smiling Ellen with cake in her hand. She ran over to me and we hugged.

"Ellen!"

"I got you this! You're so amazing, Des! It's like you were meant to be a dancer and a singer!" she said. I laughed as I lead her into the girl's side of the dressing room.

"What's on the other side?" she asked curiously, trying to see what was on the other side.

"Take a peek if you want to see half boys," I joked. Ellen laughed.

"Jacq would've surely liked it," she commented.

"Where are all the others?" I asked, slowly taking out the cake. I was really hungry.

"Jacqueline wanted to see more "hot boys" on stage. Elizabeth, being the leader as always, felt responsible to stay put next to her. Kristy wanted to "learn Korean" through songs or something," she responded. I nodded and handed her a fork. We started to dig in the cake.

"So did your friend found her solution?" Ellen asked. I swallowed the cake in my mouth.

"I don't know. She is supposedly to make her mind up by today or something..." I responded.

"Did you tell her what I told her? Follow her heart?" Ellen said.

"She knows too well," I answered.

"I happened to know her, too,"

"You do?!"

"Yup. And I happened to know that she always put others before her. She never thinks about herself. She's too nice. Tell your friend to do what's best for her,"

What's best for me..? I gave her an understanding look as she cutely smiled. I missed days with Ellen. When all the unnis were sleeping, we would sneak into the kitchen and eat whatever's sweet. We would gossip or talk about what's on our mind.

"Woonmyung-sshi, the finale is starting soon!" informed the staff member. I nodded and swallowed the remaining cake in my mouth.

"I'll go back to my seat. I'll see you on stage!" she said as she head out the door. I nodded and put on my heels. My hair changed from straight to curly and had a lot of eyeliner and mascara on. My eyes were itchy and I was tempted to rub it...but I didn't. I followed the staff member to the stage. All the unnis and oppas were ready. Sunny unni held my hand as we walked on stage. Sungmin oppa laughed at Sunny unni's height. I was a head taller than her and she was wearing higher heels than me. Sunny unni was ready to kick Sungmin oppa, but I stopped her by reminding her that SONEs and ELFs were here. She calmed herself down, but threatened Sungmin oppa. I laughed. 

"But oppa, you're pretty short yourself!" I said teasingly. Sungmin oppa's face darkened, but soon laughed and agreed. Sunny unni gave me a high five.

"Look! Krystal is making Jessica hold hands with Jonghyun! So funny!" commented Sunny unni. I laughed. Krystal was a good cupid when it came to her sister's "men." Sehun oppa was standing next to me. I grabbed his ear and whispered something. A sly smile broke his face as we cruised over to Taemin oppa. I told Krystal unni the idea. Her eyes sparkled and went to complete the mission,

Mission: Taemin hold Sulli's Hand.

We succeded in 10 minutes. The three of us didn't care about singing. Sehun oppa kept checking his phone.

"Hey! You're on girlfriend time out," said Suho oppa, taking Sehun oppa's phone away. Sehun oppa pouted.

"Look at all these pretty girls here!" said Chanyeol oppa. Luhan oppa nodded in agreement.

"I don't cheat," said Sehun oppa.

"Or do you?" said D.O. oppa, sneaking a glance at me. I rolled my eyes.

LeeTeuk oppa was passing around mics, making us say our thank you's to the fan. When my turn came, I yelled:

"WHAT'S UP NEW YORK! Ah! Great to be back home after an year and a half! It's such an honor to perform at Madison Square Garden and to an amazing audience! I met some amazing oppas and unnis, so I brought them here for you! It's also my first time performing with my cousins, so that's surely a keeper! And my old band Seasons is here today! Guys, thank you so much for supporting me and great years in Seasons! I'll see you guys when I get back in about a year later! My amazing ST#Rs! Thank you guys soso much! and my lovable, dorky unnis and oppas! I couldn't ask for a better agency family! THANK YOU EVERYONE!"

The thank you's continued. When the last person, BoA sunbaenim, finished, we all stood in one line. I was between Sehun oppa and Kris. We all held hands and bowed to our thanks, showing our gratitute. Before letting go, Sehun oppa squeezed my hand. We all pranced back off stage. Everyone high fived and hugged for a great performance. Lee Soo Man sunsangnim and Miss Park Yeon Ha were waiting for us behind the stage. They congratulated us for a great performance.

"DESTINY!"

The Seasons members were already here with their backstage passes in a little necklace around them. I ran over to them and we had a group hug. The last time was...when I left.

"You were amazing!" said Kristy.

"Making me proud, huh?" said Elizabeth in a motherly tone.

"So lucky that you're surrounded by hot guys," whispered Jacqueline. I laughed so hard.

"Expected you to say that," I said.

My two families finally met in person. Seasons and SM Town...connected by me. They all interacted as if they were already a big family. I smiled. I looked around the huge crowd of people. The people who I truly loved and the people who I spent my life with almost half of my life. I saw Sehun oppa begging for his phone back to Suho oppa. Suho oppa sighed and handed him his phone back. I honestly had the slightest chance that he possibly liked me...but I guess not. 

I, too, sighed. I blended into the crowd. Soon, we were all in the waiting room. The "dividers" were gone, so we all sat on the floor. Sunsangnim ordered pizza for us, so we all decided to eat at the backstage before leaving for the hotel. It felt like a Q&A session. SM Town unnis or oppas would ask Seasons a question about my past and Seasons would ask SM Town unnis and oppas about my currently life. Whenever Seasons tried to tell a embarrassing story about me, I tried to stop them from telling them. I succeeded...about two times out of like ten times. 

"Woonmyung, can I talk to you?" asked Miss Park when she sticked her head into the door. I nodded and walked outside. She guided me to the room next door.

"So, did you make up your mind?" she asked. 

I smiled and nodded.

"I...."

________________________________________

the chapter is kinda short...sorry

and its kind of a boring one ><

itll (most likely) get better starting from the next chapter though :D haha