59.

Girlfriend For Sale

 

“Byunghun-ah, come up to my office later. Oh, you too, Byul.” The professor said and continued eating. It was one of those dinner gatherings again. You and Ljoe looked at each other, wondering what the professor wanted with you guys. He just shrugged and continued eating. You had a feeling that he knows what’s going on, but since he didn’t want to say, you just kept quiet as well.

*Knock, knock.* “Come in.” The professor’s voice sounded through the doors and you took a breath before opening the door. “You wanted to see us, ahjusshi?” You asked and he turned around in his chair. “Ah, yes. Have a seat.” You and Ljoe sat down and looked at him. “Pack your bags for 3 days. You’re going on a trip tomorrow morning.” He announced with a small smile on his face and you just gaped at him. “W-what? But this is so sudden!”

“Oh hush, you. It’s only for three days.” The professor waved you away. “Where are we going?” Ljoe asked and the professor thought for a while.

“I can’t tell, but just pack some normal clothes and bring a jacket with you. That should be enough.” He clapped his hands and stood up. “Well, you can leave now.” He said and shooed you out of the room before slamming the door in your faces. “Well that was unnecessary.” You mumbled.

When you got downstairs, your sisters asked what did the professor say and you told them while Ljoe went home to pack.

 

YOUR POV.

 

I was woken up by the sound of the front door bell ringing. I stirred in my sleep as I heard the door open and close. “Unnie!!!” Jungmi jumped on my bed suddenly and I led out a groan. “I want to sleep!” She ignored my whining and pulled the blankets away. NOOO MY WARMTH D: “You’re going on a trip today with Byunghun oppa remember?” Okay that totally woke me up. “ I forgot!!” I screamed as I made a dash for the bathroom.

Thank god my bag was already packed, because when I got downstairs Byunghun was already there waiting for me. “Morning.” He came over and gave me a hug. “Morning to you too.” I smiled. “Where’s ahjusshi?” I asked. He was the one telling us that we’re going on a trip.

“I’m here.” He shouted from the top of the stairs. I rolled my eyes and I looked at his empty hands. “Wait, where’s your luggage?”

“What luggage?” He gave me this confused look and then he broke into laughter. “Oh, you mean- HAHAHA no I was talking about you and Byunghun! This trip is for you guys. Mainly him, but I guess he wanted you to be by his side so I’ll just let you go with him.” Okay I was really clueless right now, except knowing that this trip is for us two. I’m guessing Byunghun was as equally clueless as me, judging from the look on his face. “Oh right, here’s the place you’re supposed to go to, and the address of the place you’re gonna stay at tonight. Here’s the car key.” He tossed something to Byunghun and he caught it. I’ll just assume that’s the key.

Ahjusshi passed him the paper of addresses to him as well and pushed us out of the door. “So where are we going?” I looked at Byunghun and he just stared back at me. “Daegu, apparently.” I just gaped at him. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

So 15 minutes later we’re in the car on our way to Daegu. I have no idea why ahjusshi would pick such a place though. And why the heck are we going to a cemetery that’s all the way at Daegu?

I received a text from Minji a while later, telling me to look for this guy “Lee Byunghee” at the cemetery and I started to connect the dots.

Byunghee was Byunghun’s brother!

But he told me he was the only child so he should be his father. Yeah, that must be it. Gosh Jung Hanbyul you’re such a genius! I grinned to myself and Byunghun looked at me weirdly. “Why are you grinning so creepily?” I snapped out of my daze and looked at him. “Oh, nothing.” I smiled like an angel and faced the front.

 

A little more than 3 hours later, we reached the cemetery that ahjusshi asked us to go to and Byunghun scratched his head. “Any idea why we’re here?” He asked and I hummed in response. I spotted a convenience store across the street and went over to buy a bouquet of flowers and some fruit before running back. “What’s this for? Are we paying respects to someone?” He asked and I nodded. “Hold this. Let’s go.” I passed him the bouquet and grabbed his hands in search of Lee Byunghee.

“Found it!” I exclaimed and turned to Byunghun, who was staring at the tombstone. “Appa…” He whispered and fell to his knees. I knelt down beside him and patted his back softly, hoping to give him comfort. “I… I finally found you.” He started wiping his photo with a tissue and arranged the fruit nicely in front of the tombstone. “I’m living well now. And I found someone I truly love, so rest in peace, appa.” He smiled softly and another tear rolled down his cheeks.

We stayed there for about 2 hours, with Byunghun talking to his father. After not seeing your father for almost the whole of your life, of course you’d have a lot to talk to him about. I just stayed there beside him, smiling every now and then when Byunghun gets too excited about the topic he’s talking about.

“It’s getting late, let’s go.” He stood up and held out a hand. I grabbed it and hauled myself up and we head back to the car.

“Are you alright now?” I asked carefully. He pondered over it for a while and nodded. “Yeah. I feel much better. Thanks, for bringing me here.” He smiled at patted my lap. I smiled back and patted his hand back. “It was ahjusshi who did all this. I don’t know how he managed to know your dad, but let’s just ask him when we go back.” He agreed and nodded.

Soon, we arrived at this cute little shack that seemed too small from the outside to be a guesthouse. The inside was small but cosy, and the furnishings were done beautifully. “Oh, welcome! Looking for a place to stay?” The person behind the counter asked and we nodded. “This way.” He smiled and led us down the hallway. I realized that there’s 3 rooms on each side, and he gave us the last room on the left. “Just return the keys when you check out.” We bowed and thanked him before going in.

As we’re both tired from the long drive, we soon succumbed to sleep in each other’s arms.

 

~~~~~

/le hides/ LOL sorry! and next chapter should be the last chapter already >: comment and subscribe!! <3