50. The Past III

Girlfriend For Sale

 

“So that’s what happened to him. I graduated before I saw the new him and the next time I saw him he was already looking like what he looks now. But I just thought it was because of some self-conscious thing or something.” Ljoe said softly as he listened to your story. He was laying down on your lap on the couch while playing with your hands absentmindedly. You nodded but then grew curious. So how was Minwoo like before now?” He smiled softly and played with your fingers. “I’ll tell you after you finish your story. Continue.” You pouted but continued anyway.

 

-----

 

Jeongmin came back that night after sending Aeri home to find Byul asleep on the couch and he smiled. He crouched down and brushed a few stray hairs away from her face and a warm feeling surged up in him. *Actually… she’s quite pretty.* He carried her bridal style up to the guest room where Byul was supposed to stay at and laid her down on the bed. She shifted a bit and Jeongmin’s eyes widened, fearing that she would wake up. But thankfully, she was just shifting to a more comfortable position and fell into a deep sleep again. He smiled and whispered a goodnight before closing the door.

The next day Jeongmin woke up to find Minwoo sitting at the dining table with Byul and talking like they’ve known each other for a long time. Byul glanced up from laughing at what Minwoo said and saw Jeongmin standing at the doorway with a confused expression. “Oh, Jeongmin-sshi! Morning~ Come sit down and eat breakfast!” She beckoned him to go over.

“Did you guys know each other before?” He pointed to the both of them and they shared a knowing glance before bursting into laughter.

“Nope, unless you count yesterday as before then yes, we knew each other before, right Minwoo?” Byul smiled and Minwoo nodded. “Me and noona just clicked yesterday. I like this noona! Is she gonna be your girlfriend?” Minwoo asked straightforwardly and Byul just laughed it off while Jeongmin smiled awkwardly.

“Well… our relationship’s complicated…” he trailed off and Minwoo knew not to ask more. He shrugged and stuffed the last bite of his omelette into his mouth before picking up his bag. “Oh well, I’m off to school then. Bye, hyung. Bye noona!!” He waved more enthusiastically to Byul and she laughed and shooed him away.

“Glad to see you’re getting along with him. He doesn’t open up easily to people he just met, you know. It took like 3 years of hanging out with me and my friends to make him open up to us.” Jeongmin said while munching on a piece of bread and Byul stopped sipping on her tea.

“Really?” She questioned and he nodded nonchalantly. “He must like you a lot to call you noona so fast.” He smiled and Byul felt happy and fluttery as a big grin crept up on her face.

“Oh, right! So how did it go with Aeri-sshi yesterday?” She asked and Jeongmin’s face lit up almost immediately. “It went great! We had lunch and dinner together and I think she’s warming up to me as a friend and not just her boss.” Byul smiled, happy that her plan worked. “Good job! Just take it slowly from now and hope she falls for you.” “How do I do that?” Jeongmin asked.

Byul tapped her chin in thought. “Hmm… Girls like small, sweet gestures like buying her coffee occasionally, or just some gentlemanly actions like pulling her chair for her. As long as you show your charming side I’m sure she’ll fall for you.”

 

 

He took her advice and things went on smoothly for him and Aeri, and the relationship between Minwoo and Byul got better and better as well.

It was a little over a month of Byul meeting Jeongmin when Minwoo decided to find a job for the holidays. Byul was extremely supportive of his decision as she feels that it could help him better in the society next time and Jeongmin, ofcourse didn’t really have much of a say in it as it was Minwoo’s life after all. As long as it’s decent, he’s fine with it.

He landed a job at the ice cream parlour two blocks away from their house and he rushed home to tell Byul immediately.

“Noona!! I found a job!! It’s at the ice cream place just two bocks away; you should come down and find me someday!” He beamed and Byul broke into a grin. “Really? Alright! How about on your first day? You’re starting tomorrow right?” He nodded. “I’ll be waiting for you tomorrow then, noona!!” He jumped up and down ecstatically and ran up to his room.

The next day, Byul showed up as promised and Minwoo was more than happy to see that his favourite noona (or possibly his only noona) kept her promise. “Noona!” He waved at Byul excitedly, showing that big smile that made most of the girls in the parlour trying their best not to faint on the spot. “I see you working here had attracted a lot more customers.” Byul mused as she reached the counter and Minwoo blushed slightly. “No… But what flavor would you like? It’s on the house!” Byul smiled amusedly and shook her head. “It’s okay, I can pay for it. Besides, it’s only your first day; are you sure you can just give out free icecreams to people like that?” She reminded him.

“But you’re not just anyone! You’re my noona so that makes you a VIP immediately. At least to me.” He grinned. “Just take it as my treat! For finding my first ever job on my own!” Seeing Minwoo’s persistence, Byul had no choice but to comply and chose the green tea flavor.

Just as Byul sat down on one of the empty tables, the bell at the door rang, signaling a new customer, or customers in this case as Jeongmin and Aeri walked in with her hand hooked on his arms. “Oh, hyung!” Byul heard Minwoo’s voice and she looked up. “Noona’s just there.” He pointed in Byul’s direction and conveniently forgetting to acknowledge Aeri’s existence. “Oh! Hello.” Byul waved to Jeongmin and bowed slightly at Aeri and she caught the latter’s glare as they were approaching her table.

This was gonna be a weird first meeting for the both of them.

 

~~~~~

hello! so sorry for the late update for this chapter; school is a . But anyway... I SAW TEENTOP AND IFNT AND THEY TOOK MY LETTERS LAST WED AT THE AIRPORT. I WAS FREAKING CLOSE TO THEM I COULD CRY A TSUNAMI RN ;AAAAAAA;

I ALMOST DIED ON THE SPOT I WAS LIKE I I THIS CLOSE TO NIEL FMEL AND DONGWOO WAS FREAKING NICE AND HANDSOME IRL. ALL OF THEM ARE. 

sorry for the sudden spazz but KYAAAAAAA I SAW THEM!!!!!

okay sorry LOLOL anyway back to topic!

my updates might be slower than now ((wow as if my updates arent slow enough)) bc as I mentioned earlier, school is a . and since my school year is ending soon I have year end projects to do so yeah, gonna be quite busy. But I'll try my best to update once a week like what i've been trying to do now as writing helps relieve some of my stress. provided I dont get writer's block.

and I know the past thingy is kinda long and there's not much Ljoe and you interactions but the past is gonna end in probably the next chapter? So please be patient! and yeah thanks so much for reading this long a/n! and thanks for commenting and subscribing as well~ I love you guys! <333

 

oh and to Boopbeep nope BAP isn't gonna make a cameo here~