45.

Girlfriend For Sale

 

Due to the changing of seasons, the weather was unpredictable, hence very easy to fall sick. Which was what happened to Ljoe a week after the whole sweetness episode.

He lay in bed with a splitting headache one day, with the two thick layers of blankets plus 3 winter coats and a jacket on him and still feeling cold. He groaned in pain and mentally cursed himself for going out without an outerwear yesterday night.

You went into his room to wake him up for school when you noticed him turning left and right uncomfortably on the bed. You went over and sat beside him.

“Are you okay? You look kind of pale.” You placed your palm on his forehead and your other palm on your own to compare the temperatures. “You’re burning up!” You gasped. “I told you to wear a coat yesterday!” You frowned as you tucked him in into the warmth of the many layers above him.

“I thought since the weather’s turning warm soon there wasn’t much of a need. Plus Ricky’s only meeting me down at the convenience store just to pass me my phone.” He sighed and wrinkled his his face as the headache became more prominent. You shook your head and stood up. “Where are you going?” He called after you weakly.

“Going to find some medicine for you and to call in sick for you. Wait for a while, I won’t be long.” You smiled softly and closed the door behind you. Ljoe sighed as he snuggled into his layers more for warmth.

 

As he’s living alone, he usually had to get his own medicine by himself and cook his own meals. Even if the boys knew he was sick, they can’t do much except bring him his medicine and ramen wasn’t the best thing to serve a sick person but hey, that was pretty much the most decent meal the guys could cook.

So when Byul came back up with a bowl of porridge and his medicine, he was glad to have her by his side. He watched her every move (pretty much like a stalker) and noticed her flustered expression when he accidentally burned his tongue because she forgot to blow for him.

“Oh my god sorry!! I forgot to blow for you!” She stirred the porridge more and scooped up another spoon of porridge for him, but remembering to blow it this time. “Say ah~ I blew it this time so I’m sure it’s not as hot as before.” She beamed and Ljoe ate it.

“Don’t you need to go to school? It’s Tuesday today.” He asked after he swallowed the porridge. “I called in sick as well, just like you.” She answered and fed him another spoonful of porridge. His eyes widened and pushed her hand down lightly.

“You should go. I can take care of myself. See?” He attempted to take the bowl from her but she held it away. “Nu-uh. You, mister, are sick. Even if you don’t want me here I’m still going to be.” She stuck out her tongue and blew on the porridge. He shook his head with a smile.

Soon, he finished the whole bowl and Byul fed him his medicine with a glass of water on her other hand. “Must I eat the medicine?” He frowned and pouted. Byul thought it was insanely cute, even if he was sick. “Yes, you have to eat it if you want to get well soon.” She said firmly and handed him the medicine.

“Fine…” He agreed grudgingly and popped the medicine into his mouth before gulping it down with the whole cup of water.

“Good boy!” She patted his head and tucked him into his bed, removing a few layers. “I asked ahjusshi and he said the more cold you feel, the faster your fever’s going to leave. So even if you feel like you’re about to freeze to death, I’m gonna remove these.” She held up the bundle of blankets in her hands and settled them down at the side of the bed nicely.

“You should sleep, the medicine should be kicking in soon. I’ll wake you up for dinner later.” She placed a kiss on his forehead and left the room as Ljoe slowly drifted off to sleep.

As Byul was starting to prepare dinner, the Teen Top boys went over to ask why their hyung and his girlfriend wasn’t in school today and Byul explained the situation to them. Byul asked them to stay for dinner, but they declined as they had other things to do.

After cooking, she took Ljoe’s share and went up the stairs to his room. She opened the door while balancing the tray on one of her hands and noticed that he’s still sleeping. She smiled at his peaceful figure and crept over as quietly as possible, but kicked his bag accidentally which was lying on the floor. It made quite a sound which woke him up as he was a light sleeper.

He stirred in his sleep and opened one eye to see Byul standing there awkwardly while holding the tray. “Oops? I didn’t mean to wake you up like this but… nevermind it’s time to eat!!” She smiled sheepishly and went over.

After feeding him his dinner, she realized that she forgot to bring his medicine up, so she had to go down and bring it back up again.

“Here, no whining.” She said firmly and he pouted and took the medicine and water in his hands. After gulping down the medicine with the whole glass of water yet again, he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand as Byul took the cup and placed it on the table. “See that wasn’t so hard, was it? If your fever is totally gone tomorrow then you don’t need to eat the medicine anymore~” She smiled.

Just as she was about to leave, Ljoe grabbed her hand and pulled her down on the bed beside her. “Can you just sleep with me for tonight?” He looked into her eyes and asked. She found it hard to say no so she nodded. *Just for one night.* Ljoe smiled brightly despite the subtle pain behind his head and hugged her tight. Her arms were placed around his waist naturally and she looked up at him.

He placed a lingering kiss on her forehead and rested his head above hers. “Goodnight.” He smiled and closed his eyes, noticing how well she fitted right in his arms then. She snuggled into his warm chest and breathed in his scent before drifting off to sleep.

 

~~~~~

sorry for the sudden change in POVs around the middle of the story! I typed halfway and idk why my hands just started typing Byul instead of 'you' and I was lazy to change so heh sorry! anyways sorry my updates are a bit slow as well ): I'll try my best to update at least once a week~ and comment and subscribe if you havent! thanks for reading and I love you guys! ❤