35.

Girlfriend For Sale

 

“Are you sure you don’t need me to stay and look after you?” Ljoe asked and you nodded slowly on your bed. “I’ll be fine. It’s your birthday; you should go enjoy it with your friends.” You said hoarsely.

“I’ve spent the majority of my life and birthdays with them; I’m sure one birthday wouldn’t hurt. Besides, you’re sick. If I throw you alone at home and you happened to faint who’s supposed to know and carry you to the hospital?” Ljoe started listing all the possible happenings and you chuckled. “I’ll be fine, I promise. There’s porridge in the kitchen right? If I’m hungry I’ll just go heat that up in the microwave. Just go enjoy yourself today, Lee Byunghun.” You said firmly and he pouted.

“Arrasseo… Then I’ll see you tonight, I guess…” He mumbled and left reluctantly. “There’s medicine in the cabinet, remember to take them!” He hollered and left the house.

Soon, you received a text from Changjo saying Ljoe left with them and you jumped out of your bed and smiled. “Let’s get to work!”

 

You called your sisters and they came down to help you in no time. “Byul-ah!!!” Minji shouted when you opened the door and engulfed you in a big bear hug. Your other sisters soon joined in and it turned into a sentimental group hug. “Oh god I miss you guys so much! Did Ahjusshi catch you guys coming out?” You asked worriedly and Hyejung patted your shoulder. “Don’t worry, we told him we’re going to go out shopping and will be back quite late. And he’s too preoccupied with… whatever he’s doing so we’re pretty safe.”

You sighed and relief and grinned. “Thanks for coming down, guys. I really need the help since there’s quite a lot of things to do and there’s only me.” You said sheepishly and Hyejin waved it away. “Aye what are sisters for? We missed you tons as well. I don’t get why we can’t meet each other or go back to our house when we’re on our mission.” She grumbled and you shrugged.

“Well, we don’t have much time left. Let’s get started!” Minji said and you cheered and went to decorate the house.

You and Minji hung up the streamers while Hyejung and Hyejin were cooking a scrumptious dinner for you and Ljoe. Jungmi went down to the nearby cake shop to pick a cake for Ljoe’s birthday.

“So, how long is it already? A month?” Minji asked while blowing up the balloons. “Close to it, about 3 weeks.” You tied a knot on the balloon and reached for another one to blow.

“So… I’m guessing you like him?” Minji said slyly and you blushed, avoiding eye-contact with her. “What makes you say that?”

“Please. I’ve lived with you for so long, I think I’ll know when you’re in love.” You lowered the balloon and smiled sheepishly. “Is it that obvious?”

“Kinda? I mean, you never done so much things for a customer before.” She gestured to the whole house and you pinked.

“I’m not trying to expose you or anything, but be careful. No matter what happens it’s still against the rules, remember?” She said in a semi-serious tone and you lowered your head. You knew she was right; you’re playing with fire by returning Ljoe’s feelings, but you couldn’t help it.

“I know.” You sighed. “But unnie, I don’t care much right now. When I’m with him… I get the feeling of being protected, although he’s just a customer. That’s something I didn’t get from any of my past customers before. And he treats me really nice. I just… I feel happy when I’m with him, unnie. The feeling is indescribable.” You said dreamily and Minji laughed.

“Aigoo our Hanbyul is finally growing up, huh? I’m glad you found someone you really like and he likes you a lot as well, but be careful. Remember what happened last time?” Your smile fell and you nodded your head slowly. “I’m sorry if this hurts you, but don’t forget: he’s just a customer of yours. After 100 days, you’ll have to leave him. Ahjusshi will have his ways.” She reminded and walked past you to hang the balloons next to the banner.

 

Ljoe couldn’t stop looking at his phone and fidgeting when he was in the arcade with Teen Top. He knows he’s supposed to be enjoying himself since the arcade is his favourite place, but he couldn’t really enjoy knowing you’re sick at home alone. “Yah, will you stop checking your phone and looking around like some e?” CAP asked.Ljoe made a face and sighed. “Byul’s sick but she wouldn’t let me stay at home to take care of her.” He grumbled.

Teen Top shared knowing smirks and glances and Chunji approached Ljoe. “Don’t worry, I’m sure she’ll be fine. Besides, we’re throwing you back home in 2 hours’ time. Can’t you endure till then?” Ljoe sighed and shrugged. “I think so. I need to stop thinking about all these.” He shook his head and went towards the basketball machine to throw some hoops. 

 

~~~~~

so... busy... with... schoolwork OTL but HURRAY FOR THE WEEKENDS!! 

i'll update again probably tomorrow or on sunday, please be patient and wait for me! Thankyou!! <333

comment and subscribe! I love you guys <3