31.

Girlfriend For Sale

 

“Is there something wrong with noona?” Minwoo whispered to Ljoe when you trudged to the back of the shop to find a place while Ljoe bought ice-creams. Ljoe sighed and shrugged. “I don’t know, but she’s been like this after Minhye talked to her just now. I’m sure it has something to do with her. Aye I shouldn’t have saved her that day.” He grumbled.

 “Minhye? As in Kwon Minhye?” Ljoe nodded and Minwoo’s eyes widened and gasped. “I’ve heard a lot about her lately! They said that she was caught in a fight with her ex’s current girlfriend and she landed in the hospital while the other don’t even have a scratch. Talk about being shamed and throwing her queenka place away.” Minwoo said matter-of-factly and scooped some greentea ice cream into a cup.

Ljoe scoffed. “It was nothing like that. She got beat up, yes, but not because she was caught in a fight. That’s all I know; when I saw her she was already in a horrible state, and I can’t possibly leave someone to die, can I?” Minwoo nodded as he took another cup and filled it with chocolate ice cream. “But she’s a bully!” Ljoe gave him a look and he shrugged. “At least, that’s what everyone says.” He squeaked and took Ljoe’s money while placing both cups on the counter. “Bully or not, she’s still a person. I just hope she doesn’t bother Byul too much; this is the least she could do after I saved her that day.” Ljoe pouted slightly. Minwoo placed the change on the counter and patted his shoulder. “I hope noona tells you what happened just now soon. I don’t like seeing her this down; she doesn’t suit this…” Minwoo paused to find the right word. “emo image?” Ljoe chuckled and took the ice creams and change. “I hope so too. Talk to you later.” He smiled and went towards your table.

 

“Hey, green tea ice cream, right?” You smiled slightly and nodded. “You remembered. Thanks.” He ruffled your hair with affection. “No problem.”

With every scoop he put in his mouth, he would always glance at you and noticed that you’d sigh after every mouth and it took longer than usual for you to finish your ice cream that day. Normally, you would finish the whole thing when he was just 1/3 into eating his ice cream, but today he finished before you and you seemed to have a cup of watery icecream.

He sighed and placed your icecream on the table for you while holding your hand, making you snap out of your thoughts. “Can you tell me what’s wrong now? You’ve been… not yourself after Minhye talked to you just now. Even Minwoo realized it.” He pointed at Minwoo at the back of the counter and you glanced over. Minwoo was smiling widely at you and he made a smile with his fingers, asking you to smile as well. You smiled half-heartedly and sighed for the Nth time that day. “I… I don’t know how to say this…” You started and Ljoe brightened, happy that you were finally starting to share your worries that day.

“Minhye… she said she wants you.” You looked at him for his reaction and he just stoned there. You furrowed your eyebrows and waved your hands in front of him. “Hello? Did you hear what I said?”

“Yeah… I think? Mind repeating it again? I think I heard it wrong.” He dug his ears with his fingers and you shook your head. “No. That’s what I thought as well, but she was serious about it. She said it was the first time anyone was this nice to her and she wants to give herself to you as ‘a sign of gratitude’.” You made quote marks in the air and frowned. Ljoe rolled his eyes involuntarily. “I should’ve been more cold hearted and just left her to die back then.” He grumbled. “Is that why you were so out of it just now? Because Minhye wanted me?” You shook your head again and lowered your head. “No. If it was just that I wouldn’t really bother with her since I know she won’t succeed, but she knows that you bought me from the shop. I’m worried about what she’s gonna do with this piece of news to get you away from me.” Your frown deepened even more and Ljoe’s eyes widened.

“H-how-“ “Don’t ask me; she only told me she has ways to find out people’s backgrounds.” You made a face and sighed.

Ljoe straightened and held your hands again. “Don’t worry, I won’t let her do anything bad to us, you in particular. And I promise to be yours and only yours, nobody else’s. Not even Teen top. Only you.” He said with determination and you softened. *What are we gonna do when the 100 days are up? I’ll have to leave you when that day comes, and I wonder how would the professor react when he finds out about us.*