04.

Girlfriend For Sale

 

"Bye! Have fun!" The professor hollered and slammed the door in your faces. You followed Ljoe out of the house and you walked in silence with him. “So… where are we going now?” You asked after a while. “The arcade.”

Once you’ve reached the arcade, Ljoe immediately went to the basketball machine. He kept throwing ball after ball and almost all of them went through the hoop. You have to admit, you were impressed. “Do you play?” He asked and you pushed him aside. “Watch.” You told him and pressed start. As the balls rolled down, you kept shooting and your skills weren’t that far from his. He, too, was impressed that a girl that looks so feminine could throw hoops like that. After the game ended, you headed to the café for a drink. “How did you learn how to throw hoops like that?” He asked and you smiled. “I was part of the basketball team in middle school. Pretty impressive, huh?” He gave a small smile. “Maybe.” You found a seat in the café and Ljoe went to get drinks. “Here, double chocolate frappe.” He placed your drink in front of you and you thanked him. Suddenly, you remembered that you and him haven’t really been properly introduced to each other yet; at least he hadn’t been introduced to you. “Ah right, I don’t seem to know your name yet.” Ljoe looked up. “Well, everyone calls me Ljoe, but my real name is Lee Byunghun. Only my close friends call me that.” You nodded and sipped your drink. “Ljoe… what a special name.” You laughed. Suddenly, a group of noisy boys came in and Ljoe’s eyes widened. One of the boys was looking for a seat when he spotted Ljoe. “Oh! Isn’t that hyung?” The other boys followed the way he was pointing and saw him as well. “Oh! It is! Wait… is that a girl with him?!” Niel’s voice got louder by the word and the other 4 boys’ eyes widened as well. They ran over and Changjo slapped Ljoe’s back. “Hyung! Who is she? She looks pretty.” He smiled your way and you meekly smiled back. They were all pretty boys and had attracted much attention to your table. They sat down around the same table and Chunji snatched the place beside you. “Why, hello there pretty lady.” He slung an arm around your shoulder and you were slightly shocked by the action. “Why are you here on such a nice day with him?” He said, referring to Ljoe. You removed his arm from your shoulders and smiled small. “She’s my girlfriend, so nobody touch her, understand?” Ljoe suddenly said, making all of their heads turn to his direction. “What?! Hyung! You were still single this morning! Why… how… I thought…” Ricky whined and Niel pouted. “Aw… She’s with hyung already.” His frown soon turned into a smile. “But if you ever get tired of him, you can come find me!” You chuckled. Ljoe was looking uneasy and he stood up. “We’re gonna go now. I’ll explain everything soon. Bye!” He said it quickly and pulled you with him. You turned back, gave a quick wave to his friends and followed him out.

You reached a nearby park and found a bench to sit down on. Ljoe sighed. “Sorry about my friends. They’re a bit… noisy.” He scratched the back of his head shyly and looked away. You chuckled and told him it’s okay. “They’re cute. You’re so different from them; they’re so noisy while you’re more of the quiet type. How did you guys become friends anyway?”  You asked curiously. “we grew up in the orphanage together. Other than them, I don’t really hang out with other people much. Well, now I have you as well.” He smiled and you smiled back. “You? What’s your childhood like?” You stopped and think for a moment. “Mine? Mine… was similar to yours. I grew up in the orphanage as well. I was adopted by ahjusshi after living there for about 3 years and he started this whole girlfriend business thing which requires me and my other sisters to be people’s girlfriends. It’s fun sometimes, but it when you really fall in love with your customer.” You lowered you head. You were surprised that you could talk about your sad childhood so easily to him. He patted your back. “It’s tough, huh? Then why did you agree to do this?” “I don’t know. We were all willing to, I guess. Ahjusshi’s our family too, since he cared for us and gave us food and shelter through our lives. It’s hard, but we’re okay with it. Some guys treat us really well.” You smiled, remembering a previous date with your previous customer. Ljoe just nodded. He started talking about his past as well, something that he wasn't exactly comfortable sharing about. But with you, he just talked freely, and he liked that feeling.

You and Ljoe talked for awhile more until the sun set. He stood up and you followed as well. “Cmon, it’s getting late. I’ll send you home.” He offered and you looked at him. “Didn’t ahjusshi mention to you? I’ll be staying with you for this 100 days.” You stated. “You’ll be WHAT?!” 

 

~~~~~

thanks for subscribing and commenting! I love reading comments so do comment more, even though I'll only reply sometimes ^-^ you know I love you guys right? /throws hearts/ <33