05.

Girlfriend For Sale

 

You nodded your head. “He didn’t tell you? He normally explains everything in detail though…” you trailed off. Ljoe was still in shock. He’s going to stay with his new girlfriend that he had just bought a few hours before for 100 days. “No way. Can’t you stay at your own house?” He asked. “Nope. It’s the rules. Ah! It’s written in the contract you signed. Didn’t you read?” Ljoe mentally cursed himself for not reading it thoroughly. In the end, he sighed and trudged home with heavy footsteps, with you tagging along.

He opened his house door and the lights. “woah…” You admired his house. It was a small house, but it was nicely furnished. “Come in. I live alone.” He walked towards the kitchen to get a glass of water for you. “Thanks.” You thanked him and he showed you around the house. “There’s only three rooms up here.” He said as he walked up the stairs. “The one on the right is mine, and the one opposite it is the guest room, which is where you’ll be sleeping at. The one down the hallway right in the middle is the bathroom. Uh… I’m guessing you don’t have clothes with you?” He looked at you and you nodded your head. “I’m planning to go back to take your clothes tomorrow as it is a must to stay with customers at night.” You explained. He went into his room and took out a simple t-shirt and sweat shorts. “They’re a little small on me, so I guess they’ll fit you well.” He passed them to you. “And here’s a towel. Go bathe first. I’ll make dinner.” He said and went downstairs. You smiled and skipped to the kitchen.

As Ljoe was taking out the ingredients from the fridge, his speed got slower as he kept thinking about you. ‘100 days in the same house…’ he sighed to himself. ‘nothing will happen.’ He assured himself and scolded himself for getting into this and started cutting the ingredients.

When you came out, you could smell the intoxicating smell of kimchi soup, your favourite. You grinned and went down. You went beside Ljoe and smelled the soup. “Woah… it smells nice! Didn’t know you could cook.” You said mockingly. “Don’t judge a book by its cover. I live alone, so I have to cook dinner for myself sometimes, you know.” You nodded and sat down. As soon as he lifted the lid off the pot, you took your spoon and drank the soup. “This is so good! Best soup I’ve ever tasted!” You held out a thumb up for him and he smiled and ate with you. Slowly, he stopped eating as he stared at you. He's already feeling close to you even though you've only known each other for a day, And he's probably going to be attached to you sooner than he thought.

‘Nothing will happen… right?’ he thought as he looked at you.