34.

Girlfriend For Sale

 

On CAP’s birthday, you woke up and washed up before heading down to have breakfast with Ljoe. “You know it’s CAP hyung’s birthday, right?” You nodded while biting off a corner of the toast. “I got his present right here.” You patted your school bag next to you and smiled. He chuckled. “wait till he sees what we planned for him.” Ljoe said deviously and you laughed along. You had participated in the planning and you hoped CAP would like it.

Teen Top waited in front of your house today again and you went to school together. “Happy birthday CAP oppa!” You beamed and he patted your head. “aigoo thank you! Where’s my present?” He asked happily and you wagged your finger. “Nuh-uh. I’ll give it to you after school so you’d have to be patient~” Everyone laughed at CAP’s dejected expression and Ljoe took your hand. *That’s my girl.*

As predicted, all the fangirls started flooding CAP with birthday gifts and he gladly accepted everything. “Oppa would you like to go on a date with me?” one girl shouted from behind the crowd. CAP stiffened and just ignored her while trying to be happy taking everyone’s gifts.

Once school ended, you ran to CAP’s classroom and pulled him towards the gym, where everything was set up. You had gotten permission to use the gym for that day after you explained it was CAP’s birthday. You stopped halfway and snapped your fingers, as if you suddenly remembered something.

You took you a black strip of cloth and handed to CAP, who raised an eyebrow. “What’s this for?” “Blindfold! So you wouldn’t see what we did.” You grinned and laughed. “Oh come on, stop playing and just bring me to the venue.” He started to walk but you pulled him back. You held out the strip of cloth to him and his smile faded. “You were serious?” You nodded and beamed. “Don’t worry, oppa. I’ll lead the way so you don’t have to worry about anything.” You assured and he gulped. He took the cloth and secured it around his eyes. You waved your hands in front of him to make sure he can’t see anything and nodded in satisfaction. “Just follow me.” You took CAP’s hands and walked towards the gym.

“Wait here.” You slowly pushed open the door to the gym and peeked inside. Ljoe saw you and gave you an ‘OK’ sign, signaling that it was all done. You nodded and went back to CAP excitedly. You pulled him in and everything was still pitch-dark. “Ready?” You asked excitedly and he scratched the back of his head. “I guess…” “1, 2, 3! SURPRISE!!!” you yanked off his blindfold and the whole gym was lit up. Teen Top popped the party streamers and there was a big banner hanging by the bleachers that said “HAPPY BIRTHDAY OUR DEAREST BROTHER” He smiled happily and grew touched. “Wait, hyung! If you’re gonna burst into tears soon, wait till you see what we’ve prepared!” Changjo piped up and began to make drumroll noises. Soon, the whole of Teen Top and you joined in and CAP furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. *What…* He turned his head towards the side entrance and saw a stunning lady wheel out his birthday cake on a basketball rack. He could recognize that woman anywhere. “Shinhye…” He breathed out and she wheeled the cake in front of him. “Happy birthday, oppa. I told you I’d come back before you reached 20, right?” She beamed and CAP was still too stunned for words. Was this really the girl who left him heartlessly last time? “B-but you left… without a word…” “I know. It was selfish of me. But I had to. I left because I was engaged to a guy from Britain. So I went over, found him, and told him we’d never be able to be together,” she stepped closer and took his big, safe hands in her small ones. “because I already have you.” “B-but what about-“ the guy broke off the engagement, so my parents had nothing to say. Besides, I’m already 21, they have no power over who I wanna be with anymore; we can be together again.” This time, tears welled up in his eyes, something he thought that would never happen ever in his life. “So you’re not leaving?” He managed to choke out. He held his breath while waiting for her answer; he didn’t want to be disappointed and go into another round of heartbreak again. “I’m staying for good, so even if you chase me away, I’ll stick by your side no matter what.” CAP finally broke into a big smile and hugged her tightly. They weren’t going to separated anymore – they can be together again and nothing can tear them apart again.

 

That night, after celebrating CAP’s birthday, you strolled slowly back home with Ljoe. You smiled and sung your hands that were intertwined with Ljoe’s. “I’m glad he found her again. But what happened between them last time?” You asked curiously and Ljoe began explaining.

 

CAP received a message from Shinhye, asking him to meet her at their usual place – the playground. He changed quickly and ran out of the house. They were best friends, and CAP had a gigantic crush on her, but he didn’t tell her because he was afraid that his feelings weren’t reciprocated. That day was his birthday, and he wondered what did his best friend crush prepared for him.

He skipped happily towards the playground down the street, gaining weird glances from passers-by, but he didn’t care. He saw her sitting on the bench and went over. “Boo!” “Ommaya!”Shinhye jumped up in shock and slapped his arm playfully while he laughed.

They had a bit of conversation and Shinhye hesitated to take out his present from behind her.

Would he like it? She hoped he would.

“Oppa-“ Just as she gained enough courage to show her crush his birthday gift, another girl came running towards him. “Op-oppa! I heard it was your birthday. Happy birthday! I hope you’d do what the card says. I’ll see you! Bye!” She handed him a box with an envelope attatched on the top and ran off. He chucked the present to the side and turned to Shinhye. “So where’s my present?” He grinned and she snapped out of her thoughts. “Huh? O-oh… here… I’m sorry it’s not much, but I bought it with the money I saved and I spent a long time choosing it!” She trailed off as she made a comparison between her present and the other present on the bench. Hers seemed so insignificant, but he seemed so happy in opening her gift. He took out the ring and his eyes widened. “Is this a proposal?” He asked playfully and Shinhye yelped. “Hey! I just saw you admiring it last time so I thought why not get it for your birthday. It’s not a proposal!” She clarified and bit her lip. “Do you… not… like it?” She asked with her head lowered. CAP softened and hugged her small frame, making her snap her head back up in shock. “Pabo, I love it. Heck, even if you gave me a strand of grass I’d cherish it like it’s the most priceless treasure ever.” “Why?” She asked curiously, not sure what was CAP trying to say. He pulled back and gazed into her eyes. “It’s not how I pictured it to be, but I like you. No, wait, I love you. Will you be my birthday present every year?” He asked and she practically melted. Is this really reality? Her crush actually liked her back! She was at a loss for words and CAP thought she didn’t felt that way towards him and let go of her shoulders slowly. “Sorry, I-“ He was cut off by a peck on the lips and his eyes widened. “I love you, too, pabo.” He grinned and lowered his head, sharing a sweet kiss with her. *Best birthday ever.*

They went out for 2 years and Teen Top were happy that their hyung could get the girl he likes. Shinhye’s parents were happy with their relationship as well, but their perspective changed when her dad was declared bankrupt. They couldn’t get over the sudden loss of good life and money that they went ballistic on CAP, saying that he was too poor to support Shinhye and disapproved of their relationship. CAP and Shinhye didn’t care about them; as long as they were together, everything would be fine. Or so they thought.

Shinhye’s parents picked a handsome British fiancé for her because he’s able to help them get their fortune back. When Shinhye discovered this, it was too late. She was being sent to Britain to be married to some guy she’d never met before, and she didn’t even have a chance to tell CAP. She left on CAP’s birthday, and on that day, he waited for her at their usual spot, but she never showed up. When the clock struck 12, signaling the end of his birthday, he stood up, dejected and went home. He discovered she left him and felt his heart breaking into a million pieces. The pain was excruciating and he was in depression until he received a single letter from her, saying that she’ll be back. He didn’t write back, and he didn’t know whether to believe her or not. He chose not to, since she left so heartlessly. He turned into the playboy now, and only on his birthday would he allow himself to think about Shinhye.

 

After he finished the story, you were already in tears. You sobbed and Ljoe hugged you for comfort. "What are you crying for? It's so sweet, huh? Forbidden love." Ljoe chuckled and stopped when he noticed you didn't respond. "Well, story time's over. Sleep early, arrasseo?" He laid you down on your bed, kissed your forehead and left the room. you stared at the door that he just went through and sighed. *when I leave… will we be like them, too?*

 

~~~~~

weehee this was longer than I planned it to be LOL hope you guys liked it :3 comment and subscribe! thank you and i love you! <3333

heheee happy pepero day everyone! <33