19.

Girlfriend For Sale

 

That day, Sunwoong actually wasn’t sleeping in class for the last period. Normally he would just sleep the whole day, so him being awake was a surprising shock. He was fidgeting about in his seat. He wanted to talk to you for some reason which he didn’t even know himself. All he know was that he wanted to hang out with you after school to clear up any misunderstandings you had about him and Minhye. From the corner of her sharp eye, Minhye saw the nervous actions shown by Sunwoong and noticed that he kept glancing at you from time to time. Soon, the bell rang and and Ljoe came in as soon as the teacher left the class. “Ready to go? The guys said they wanna bring you out for ice-cream today.” Your eyes immediately lit up at the mention of ice-cream. “Yay!! I’m done, let’s go let’s go!!” You grabbed Ljoe’s hands and ran off. Sunwoong held up his hand and wanted to call for you but his voice was stuck in his throat and you had already ran off. He sighed and kicked the air in frustration and left. He saw Minhye talking with her clique around the table closest to the door and he grabbed his bag and went over. “Omo unnie unnie!” Wonji’s, the fat one, eyes widened (which was a funny sight because her eyes were as small as slits) and nudged Minhye, whose back was facing Sunwoong so she didn’t know he was standing just behind her. “What?” She turned around, following the direction she was gaping at and gasped. “O-oppa!” She stood up immediately and fixed her hair. “Can I help you with something?” She flipped her hair and batted her eyelashes, which made Sunwoong almost puke his dinner from last night on her face. “Did you tell Hanbyul that you’re my girlfriend?” He glared at her and she gulped, but still remained her poker face. “No, of course not!” She shook her head and his eyes narrowed. She couldn’t take the pressure from his stare and sighed. “Alright, I did. But what’s wrong with that? We’re bound to be together someday.” She smiled sweetly and placed her hand on his shoulders. He scoffed and brushed her hand off. “That was just your wishful thinking. You, and I,” he pointed to her and himself. “will never, EVER, be together.” dropped open and she blinked at Sunwoong’s unwavering face. “So please, I’m asking nicely here, please do NOT anyhow spread rumors that we’re together. We barely know each other. And I don’t want people to have the wrong idea.” *especially her.* he warned and walked off. “But we grew up together! Even your parents want us to be together!” She screamed, tears falling from her perfectly made-up face. This statement made Sunwoong stopped for a while. “Growing up together doesn’t mean we know each other well. You’ve changed, and so have I.” He said with his back facing her and walked off. “I didn’t know unnie grew up with oppa.” Jinri, the skinny one, whispered to Wonji and the latter shrugged. “Me neither. What are we supposed to do now?” She felt pity for Minhye. The great queenka was actually crying hysterically in front of them. Suddenly, she stopped her sobbing and her eyes turned into slits. *Jung Hanbyul. This is all your fault! If I can’t have my happy ending, then so can’t you.” She strutted out with her eyeliner and mascara running down her cheeks, scaring a few juniors who were still hanging around the school. She got in her limousine and slammed the door shut. “To daddy’s office.” She commanded and started fixing her make up.

“Hello ahjusshi!” She greeted the man as soon as she stepped in the office. Her dad was always overseas, and whenever he came home, Minhye would either be in school or asleep. “Hello my precious niece. What wind blew you here today?” He smiled and Minhye sat down in the chair in front of his desk. “Nothing, I just thought I might come and see you today. After all, you were the one caring for me since daddy’s always overseas.” He laughed and hugged her. “Well, I’m sure this visit is something more than just seeing me. Tell me, what caught your eye this time?” Minhye smiled coyly. “Ahjusshi you really know me well. There’s this new girl in my school called Jung Hanbyul. Do you think you can help me find out her background details? I just want to know her better.” “Sure, why not? I’ll get my secretary to find out and I’ll pass the file to your chauffeur.” He said and Minhye’s smile grew wider. “Really? I knew I can always count on my favourite uncle! How soon will the file be compiled?” She asked. “About 2 days at least. I’ll try to get it for you as soon as possible since you’re so eager.” “Yay! Thank you ahjusshi!” She engulfed him in a big hug. “Anything for my favourite niece.” He patted her head. “Then, I’ll be going then. I still have homework to do.” She bowed and left the office with an evil smirk on her face. *Let’s see what deep secrets you have that I can expose to Ljoe to ruin your happily ever after.* 

 

~~~~~

updated as promised :3 school is starting soon for me sobs another half a year of torture T__T

hurhur anyways glad to see everyone doesn't like Minhye bc that's what youre supposed to feel ^_^ i'm an awesome author arent I? ((self deluding in progress))