18.

Girlfriend For Sale

 

True enough, the news of you and Ljoe dating spreaded like wildfire and soon everyone in the whole student body knew about it within an hour. The next day, when you stepped in school with Teen Top, everyone stopped talking and the school is like a dead town all of a sudden. “What’s going on? They aren’t giving us our love letters or shouting like what they usually do.” Ricky whispered to Niel and he shrugged. “You! You are the one who took Ljoe oppa away from us!” One girl pointed at you and soon “yeah” could be heard around the school. “Give him back!” “Yeah give him back you !” You were suddenly pulled away and Ljoe managed to grab your other arm. “ENOUGH!” He shouted and everyone gasped, even the boys who were just there to see the show. “She’s my girlfriend now so I’ll appreciate if everyone stay away from her. If I find anyone threatening or bullying or doing anything bad or inappropriate to her I will make sure the same thing happens to him/her. Understand?” He said fiercely and everyone lowered their heads. “Let’s go.” He grabbed your hand and led you and Teen Top away.

“Woah. That was AWESOME hyung!” Ricky beamed and Ljoe blushed. “Yeah! Seems like you finally found the one.” CAP said and patted his back, making him blush even more. He glanced up and met eyes with you and you smiled appreciatively. He smiled back, as if saying “it’s nothing” and talked to Chunji. This was actually the first time you’ve ever encountered such a thing. Your previous customers were just nobodys in their school or had already graduated. And your main objective being with them was to make the girl they like jealous or to teach them how to chase a girl they like. Now, being protected by Ljoe and encountering all this, made you felt loved and protected, although it’s just a fake relationship.

 

FLASHBACK

“Byul-ah, I know you’re just a girlfriend I bought and you have to leave already since the 100 days are up, but I really like you. Can we be together? As a real couple?”

 

…..

 

“JUNG HANBYUL! I told you countless times that you CAN’T fall in love with your customers! It’s a violation of the rules to be with him!” the professor roared and your sisters stood outside the closed door with ears stuck to it, trying to pick up the conversation. They all gasped when they heard that you’ve fallen in love, and with a customer at that. “Ahjusshi!! You can’t control my love life!” You screamed and trying hard to hold back your tears. “Yes I can. The 100 days are over, right? You are not allowed to have any contact with him whatsoever.” He said and you scoffed. “What makes you so sure I will listen to you?” “Because we’re moving back to Seoul and never coming back again.” He said solemnly, his back facing you. “What?” Your voice suddenly turned into a soft whisper. “Are you serious? We’re going back to Seoul? But this is our home already!” You couldn’t control your tears anymore and they fell freely down your cheeks. “Not anymore. We’re all Koreans, Byul-ah. Did you think we could live in America forever? We have to go back to our home country some day. Even if we don’t go now, we’ll have to go sooner or later.” “But this is where I lived for my whole life! This is my home! Not at some other country that’s on the other side of the Earth!” You were getting more and more agitated by the second. “I know it’s gonna take awhile for you to accept this, but we’re leaving next week, no matter you want to or not.” He casted a glance at you and walked towards the door. He opened it and your sisters who were eavesdropping lost their balance and almost fell. “So, I’m guessing you guys heard everything? Then I won’t have to say it again.” He walked out and went out to the garden. “Byul-ah…” Minji softened at the broken sight and crouched down to hug you. Soon, it turned into a group hug. “It hurts, I know. But first loves aren’t meant to last forever. Just take it that he wasn’t the one.” She comforted and you let all your tears out. “America might be the place we grew up in, but ahjusshi’s right. We’re Koreans after all, so it’s right that we return someday.”

Outside the house, in the garden, the professor sat down on the beach chair and sighed. *I’m sorry, Byul. But we have to go back. Your parents hired him to buy you once they found out you were working as a girlfriend for sale. His job was to seduce you and bring you back to your parents for you to reunite. I don’t want you to get hurt, Byul-ah. I can’t afford to lose you, that’s why we’re leaving. I want a happily ever after for you as well, but he clearly wasn’t the one for you. I regret accepting his business.* he rested his head against the backrest and sighed again.

 

…..

 

You shook the flashback out of your head and smiled at your new found friends here. *I guess coming back to Korea is a right decision, but I can’t fall for you. What should I do?* you thought as you gazed at Ljoe laughing with Chunji.

The bell rang and Ljoe walked with you as usual. As much as he wanted to protect you 24/7, he was still in a different class as you. “I’ll be here during lunch and after school as usual. If anything happens, give me a call. You have your phone and my number right?” You fished out your phone from the side pocket of your bag and showed him. “Good. I’m leaving. Bye!” He ruffled your hair and pushed you in. He watched you walk to your seat safely before turning to leave.

Shortly after you’ve taken out your books, the door burst open, revealing a panting Sunwoong with beads of sweat coming down his forehead. He didn’t bother to greet the teacher and just went to his seat beside you. All the girls were talking about how hot he is being all sweaty and such. You noticed Minhye looking in your direction and you gulped. Sunwoong poked your shoulder and you looked at him. “Yah. So it’s true? You’re going out with Ljoe?” He asked between soft pants and you nodded softly before writing on your notebook again. Sunwoong’s shoulder slumped and he remained a poker face. “I’d prefer if you don’t talk to me, Sunwoong-sshi. Your girlfriend is the jealous type.” You said softly, but it was loud enough for him to hear it. “Girlfriend?” He asked, puzzled. You nodded. “I don’t have a girlfriend.” He said and you looked up. “But Minhye said she was…” You mumbled to yourself but he heard it. He sighed and stared at you. “Minhye is NOT my girlfriend. She’s just delusional.” He clarified and you just shrugged. “It doesn’t matter. But still, I think we should keep our conversations to the minimum.” You replied and started writing again. Sunwoong let out a sigh of exasperation and went to sleep.

 

~~~~~

extra long chapter update for you guys!~ ((bc i might not be able to update until sat or sun)) comment and subscribe!~ <33 things are slowly getting revealed hohoho :3