40.

Girlfriend For Sale

 

In a blink of an eye, two months had pass for you and Ljoe and school is starting next week. You were lazing around at home on the couch. You laid upside down with the tv on but there was nothing interesting on it. Ljoe came down the stairs and went over to you. “Hey, school’s starting next week, why don’t we go have some fun before school starts?”

Your ears perked up at his words and you faced him. “What kind of fun?” You raised an eyebrow and Ljoe just gave a knowing smirk. “You’ll see.”

 

“Yah, I swear if you’re gonna bring me to the arcade again-“ “Hey!! That was rude. What happened to ‘oppa’?” Ljoe stopped walking and pouted, cutting you off midsentence. You bit back a smile and looked away. Is it me or is Ljoe looking extra cute today?

“And relax, I’m not gonna bring you to the arcade. Even I get sick of that place sometimes.” He rolled his eyes and smiled. You smiled back and continued walking with him to god-knows-where.

“A carnival?” You asked as your eyes brightened. You’ve only been to a carnival once when you were back in America but after you came back to Korea you didn’t really have a chance to go to carnivals anymore. “Yeah, I found this place when I was wondering about a few days ago. Cmon let’s go.” He smiled and pulled you in.

You awed at everything and everyone. The people there were all either wearing some sort of masks or having some type of headband on their heads. You spotted a stall selling those and pulled Ljoe over immediately.

“Aye you look so cute!! We should get this!” You cooed after putting a big bow headband on him. He chuckled and put on a similar headband on you. “You’re so adorable~ We should get this for you as well!” You laughed and nodded.

Ljoe proceeded to pay the ahjumma for the headbands but she rejected the money. “You two look so cute together, reminds me of me and my old man last time when we were young.” She laughed heartily. “The headbands are a gift from me. Young man, this girl’s a keeper; don’t ever let her go, arrasseo?” She wagged her finger at Ljoe and his hands wrapped tightly around yours and smiled softly at you. “I won’t.” You thanked the ahjumma and went further in to the carnival to explore.

You got on a few rides like the Viking and the roller coaster plus some other rides. As you were walking around trying to find a place to eat, a clown came over and did a magic trick for you by making a flower appear from his handkerchief. He gave you the flower and bowed, taking your hand and giving it a small peck as well. You blushed and bowed back as he waved happily. He did a magic trick for Ljoe as well, by making cards appear in his back pocket. The two of you said your goodbyes to the clown after spotting a café at the side.

“That was so cool!!” You gushed about the magic tricks earlier on when Ljoe came back with your orders and he just smiled and rolled his eyes. “Yeah, I know. You’ve been saying that for the past 5minutes.” He poked your forehead slightly and sat down. “Pft, fine. Let’s eat!” You grinned and dug into your pasta as he did the same.

The sky was getting darker fast even though it was only 5pm. What do you expect? It was still winter. Ljoe suggested going on the ferris wheel and you agreed.

After you got in, the person-in-charge locked the doors immediately, leaving Ljoe outside. You frowned at the guy and wanted to scold him but the capsule already started moving. You pouted and looked out of the window and your face brightened. “Waa~~” The view from the top was simply spectacular with all the bright lights. Suddenly, all the lights went out and the ride stopped as well, making you yelp involuntarily. *Is it a power failure?* You thought and you got scared. You were stuck in a ferris wheel capsule right at the top and a power failure just had to happen right then. And Ljoe wasn’t with you as well, you were all alone in the capsule.

Just as you were about to let out a sob, one lightbulb suddenly lighted up in the middle of the carnival. Then another, and another. You furrowed your brows and tilted your head in confusion. *Isn’t there a power failure?* Then you realized – the lights were actually forming something. The lights lighted up at a faster pace and when they finally stopped, it read “I love you”. You felt a tear fall down your face and the ferris wheel started moving again. When you reached the bottom, the door opened and Ljoe was waiting there for you with a bouquet of roses. You smiled tearfully and flung yourself on him, giving him a hug. He chuckled and buried his face into your hair before pulling away. “I love you, Jung Hanhyul. Even though we only met for a short time, I’m certain that you’re the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. Happy two months anniversary.” He gave you the bouquet and in the middle of the bouquet was a small bear with a ring. You looked up at him and he showed his hand, revealing a similar ring as the one on the bear. “I know you have to leave me about a month later, but we should treasure what we have now, shouldn’t we?” He asked and you nodded, unable to form words.

“This,” He took the ring from the bear. “is a promise ring. I don’t know how, but I’m gonna make you mine, no matter what the rules say.” He smiled and put it on your ring finger. “Hey, it fits.” He chuckled softly and you smiled. “How did you know my ring size?” “I didn’t.” He confessed. “But the salesgirl at the shop told me that if your ring finger size and my pinky finger size is the same, it means we’re meant to be. So I just took a shot.” He grinned and you smiled back, giving him a peck on the cheek. “Thank you for today, I love you too.” You smiled and he leaned down, giving you the sweetest kiss ever.

Cheers erupted from the crowd around you but all you could think of now was Ljoe, Ljoe, and more Ljoe. Everything else was muted and blocked out of your mind as you enjoyed every moment under the moonlight with him.

 

That night, after you reached home, you crawled into the warmth of your bed and just sat there, thinking about things. You glanced past the study table and your eyes fell on a calender with red cross marks on the dates that had past.

You walked over and picked it up. You flipped it over to the next page and there, on one of the dates, is a big red circle with the words '100 days'. You took a deep breath, threw the calender into the trash bin next to the table and went back to bed, with a clearer mind now and fell into a deep sleep.

 

~~~~~

weeheeee~ updated today bc I found time!! A bit of sad news though - I won't be able to update this weekend bc my exams are coming up. Next week to be exact. So I'll be using the weekend to study and will only be able to update next weekend. >: So sorry! But there'll be more updates coming up after next week bc that's when my holidays start! woohoo!~~ so please be patient and wait for me~ thankyou! <33 and do comment and subscribe! i love you guys <33