52.

Girlfriend For Sale

 

Byul interrogated Jeongmin and he revealed that he chose to leave two weeks from now because she was leaving then as well. Byul softened a bit knowing that he did this so she wouldn’t feel that sad when she realizes he left Korea, but it was still a big issue for her.

First, Jeongmin was her first best friend in Korea along with Minwoo. It may not mean much to them, but it meant a lot for her.

She couldn’t have friends back in America since she was homeschooled and the professor didn’t specify that she had to follow her clients to school if they were students, hence she was only known as their ‘girlfriend’. And she didn’t have to stay at her clients’ house during missions, so she only see them when they need her to show off to their friends or just someone to accompany them.

After missions, it’s as if she didn’t even appear in their lives. They go back to their own lives; she goes back to hers.

In Korea, she was still unfamiliar with the place and she had to stay at their houses during missions now, so it was easier for her to get to know her clients better and actually make a friend. And in this case, Jeongmin being her first.

She was still a bit pissed that Jeongmin didn’t tell her this sooner, but what he said later on pissed her off even more. “It’s not like I won’t be here anymore, I’ll still come back to Korea time to time to visit you and Minwoo.” She frowned at him as he sat beside her on the couch.

“What do you mean by, ‘you and Minwoo’?” She asked. “You, Jung Hanbyul and my brother, No Minwoo. Which reminds me, is he at home? Since I told you already I might as well tell him now as well.”

“You mean you haven’t told him you’re leaving? And that he’s not going with you? That he’s gonna stay in Korea all by himself? When he’s just freaking 14 years old?!” Jeongmin was taken aback by her sudden outburst and his mouth hung opened for awhile as he stared at her. “I- Aeri wanted-“ “Aeri, Aeri, Aeri. It’s always about her now, isn’t it? If she asked you to suicide I bet you’d do that as well.” Byul cut Jeongmin off and rolled her eyes. Just as Jeongmin opened his mouth to talk, she continued. “I know you like her a lot, but nothing beats family. Have you even asked him whether he wanted to stay in Korea by himself? All you care about is that girl right now. What about Minwoo? Do you not care about what he thinks as well?”

“Of course I do. But we’re going there for work. I doubt he would wanna go there and study when he’s finally fitting in here so I didn’t ask.” Jeongmin tried explaining to Byul calmly but she just stood up. “Fine. If he says no, then I’ll take care of Minwoo. You can just go to Australia to work your of with your precious Aeri. I’ll terminate my contract with you now. So just concentrate on spending time with Minwoo before you leave. I’m sure your Aeri would understand that.” With that, she left.

 

-----

 

“So I left his house and I didn’t see him for the next two weeks till I went to the airport to send him off and bring Minwoo back home. Even then I refuse to speak to him. I have no idea what was I mad about though. I stayed with Minwoo for about another week or two before he decided to move to a smaller house since there’s no point in staying in such a big house when it’s only him. So he rented a rooftop house with the money he earned from his job.” Byul snuggled into Ljoe’s warm embrace and sighed, hugging his waist. “I guess I was immature then, and since he was the first friend I made here my emotions towards him were stronger. Seeing him now… I guess we’re just acquaintances.”

Ljoe kissed her temple and laid his head on top of hers. “Thanks for telling me.” Byul chuckled and looked up at him. “No problem. It’s something in the past anyway. I don’t like dwelling in the past. I prefer enjoying the present and prepare for the future.”

Ljoe gave her a soft peck on her nose and placed his forehead on hers. “So in other words, you’re enjoying your time with me and preparing for our future? Hmm… Let’s see, let’s start with kids then. How many kids would you like to have? 2? I want to have a football team though. Then I can be the goalkeeper! Ah we should have daughters as well. Can’t have quarterbacks without cheerleaders, can we?” Byul laughed at Ljoe’s words.

“What? I’m not a sow, oppa. Go find one of those to give birth to your football team and cheerleaders instead.” She said between laughs and Ljoe held her closer. “So you’re gonna marry me, right?”

Byul pretended to think and leaned back. “Hmm… Did I say that? I don’t remember.” Ljoe attacked her with tickles and she fell back on the couch dying from laughter.

“S-stop it, oppa it tickles!!” She said between laughs and Ljoe stopped. “So are you gonna marry me?” Byul just grinned. “Maybe?” Ljoe shook his head and leaned down, capturing her lips. “I love you.”

 

~~~~~

UPDATED!! ((LIKE FINALLY OMG)) and YAY THE FLASHBACK IS FINALLY FINISHED~

Deadlines and me, really don't mix LOL this week and next week is my submission weeks for all my end of year projects, and it's hell of a lot of things to do, so sorry for my late update! I guess I can update more often after next week since I'm free after I submit everything (FYEAH!!!) but yeah the story's ending soon!~~ not gonna say how many chapters left tho bc i have no idea myself ROFL I BLAME MY BRAIN. thanks for the "update soon" comments and nice comments i really appreciate it and I've replied to some of the comments. I'll try to reply to everyone's comments~ 

and yeah thanks for reading and subscribing and commenting! You guys are really awesome I LOVE YOU~~~~~ <3

 

 

woohyun loves you guys too :3