55.

Girlfriend For Sale

 

BYUL’S POV

 

I stared at my own reflection in the mirror as I brushed through my hair. It was the day before the 100 days, meaning day 99. I thought I told myself not to countdown, but I guess my brain just registers the days by itself. Oh how I hate you so much, brain.

Anyway, ahjusshi asked for another dinner tomorrow night. Seriously? Does he miss me that much? I know I’m his favourite out of the four of us but he’s not someone who would blur the lines between family and work. Take my first relationship for example.

I was half expecting spending the last night tomorrow with Byunghun but since he agreed to ahjusshi’s dinner plans I guess I can’t really have a say in anything.

But I’ve noticed that everytime we go back for dinner, ahjusshi would call Byunghun up to his office and specifically asks us not to eavesdrop. He never really had a problem with us eavesdropping before, so why start now? Is he conspiring something with Byunghun?!

Nah.

I’m probably overthinking.

And now I have a sudden craving for ice cream. What the hell, stomach?

“Oppa!” I called out as I descended down the stairs and looked around. Where the heck is he? “Oppa?” I stuck my head into the kitchen and noticed a yellow postit on the fridge. I walked over and peeled it off. “Byul-ah, oppa had to get something so I’ll be back soon. Love you! Your forever handsome oppa ^^” I scoffed as I read the last part, but I can’t help but let a smile creep up my face. I pasted it back on the fridge before opening the freezer and getting out a tub of ice cream. Thank god we bought this the other day, because as much as I miss Minwoo, I am still far too lazy to go all the way to the ice cream parlor just to satisfy my sudden craving. Call me a pig, but hey, it’s 1pm and I just woke up, what do you expect?

Yeah I really am a pig.

I plopped myself down on the couch, grabbed the remote and began digging in my very unhealthy brunch as I scroll through the channels. Oh! Powerpuff girls!! I grinned and laughed as the mayor did something stupid again.

Just then, my phone rang and I looked at the caller ID before picking up. “Jeongmin?”

“Hey, you wanna go out today and maybe go look for Minwoo?” I juggled my choices as I bit on my spoon. I could go out with him and have a bonding session with him, or wait for Byunghun to come back and spend the day with him. I looked at the tub of icecream on my lap and the tv.

“Sorry, I promised Byunghun oppa that I’ll spend the day with him.”

“Oh.” Jeongmin’s voice fell and I immediately felt guilty for rejecting his offer, but I’m still too lazy to get dressed and go out. Heh. “It’s alright then, just asking anyway. When are you free?” He asked and I started thinking. I’m practically free for the whole week since the school’s closed due to some exhibition held there. “I think the day after?”

“Hm, I’m free on that day as well. Let’s have that bonding session we agreed on on that day?” I shrugged, then realized that I’m on the phone with him and he probably can’t see me. Scratch the probably.

“Sure, why not?”

“Great, see you then, bestie.” I smiled and hung up after saying bye and continued watching my favourite childhood cartoon on tv.

 

 

 

“Annyeong, ahjumma!” Ljoe greeted as he stepped into the small flower shop. “Are the things I ordered ready?”

“Oh, you’re here early! Yes it’s ready, I’ll just get them for you.” She smiled and disappeared behind the shop before reappearing again with a bouquet of baby’s breath and lavender, and a stalk of rose.

“Thanks ahjumma.” Ljoe beamed as he twirled the bouquet in one of his hands, admiring the nice work. “No problem. Proposing to your girlfriend?” She asked interestedly and Ljoe just smiled sheepishly. “Kind of. I gotta go. Thanks again!” He waved and disappeared out of the shop.

 

 

 

 

I had already finished almost half a tub of that ice cream and Ljoe still hadn’t come home yet. Wonder where did he go…

Then, as if God answered my question, the door opened, revealing Byunghun wearing his varsity jacket with a white tshirt underneath and jeans. Seriously, how does he manage to look so good even when he’s wearing something so simple?!

God is unfair. /pouts/

“Oh hey, you’re back. What did you have to get?” I asked and I realized his hands were behind his back. He grinned before taking a bouquet out. I gasped and walked closer to him. Lavender and baby’s breath, my favourites. I smiled and took the bouquet from him. “Like it?” He asked sheepishly and flung my arms around him, nodding. “Thank you. It’s the first time I’ve ever received flowers from a guy, you know.” He chuckled and pulled away. “Guess your first times are meant to be with me, then.” I didn’t know if he had a deeper meaning to it, but I just giggled and nodded.

“Here’s part 2.” He announced and took out a stalk of rose with his other hand. I took the stalk from him and realized it was a fake flower. “It means you’re the only one for me. And I’ll love you till this stalk of rose dies.” I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. “But isn’t this a fake one-“ I stopped as I realized what he meant and laughed.

“Wow Lee Byunghun, who knew you could be so cheesy?” He chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. “Guess I’m not cut out for being cheesy, huh?” I gave him a quick peck on the cheek. “It’s okay. It’s a… refreshing change to your cold image.” I couldn’t help but laugh again.

“Aish… nevermind, I’ll only be this cheesy to you anyways. Jagiya~~” He practically threw away his image and began to make kissy faces at me. Did I mention how the door was still open?

Yeah, the door was opened and just as I was running away from the clutches of Byunghun and his kissy faces, Teentop showed up at the front door with shocked faces. Byunghun turned around and quickly composed himself in front of his friends while I tried my best not to burst out laughing at the idiotic faces the 6 of them had right then.

Life is definitely good when you get to embarrass your boyfriend in front of their friends like this.

 

~~~~~

an irrelevant chapter but... meh, it was fun writing this LOL i hope you guys liked this... filler chapter :DDD oh and just gonna shamelessly promote my other fics again...

I started a new story called Baby Issues starring an OC (which you can think of as you) and Kris from EXO, so if you havent checked it out yet, do check it out here!! I plan to start on that officially after I finish this but guess I couldn't resist the urge LOL.

oh and this is an old fic, but I've recently started updating it again. It's called We Belong Together starring Jinyoung, you can check it out here as well <<<:

 

okay enough of promoting LOLOL i should probably sleep soon. goodnight and have a nice week ahead!! comment and subscribe!~ I love you guys <33