57.

Girlfriend For Sale

 

 

“Ahjusshi!! We’re here!” You hollered when you stepped into the house. You frowned when you didn’t hear any footsteps or any bickering from your sisters. “That’s weird. The house’s too quiet.” You muttered and went upstairs to check in all the rooms while Ljoe checked the kitchen, but you found no one.

“Hey I think I know where they went!” Ljoe shouted from the kitchen and you went down. “Where?” He held out a post-it and you took it.

“Enjoy the dinner we prepared for you! We’ll be back before midnight.” You read out the note left by your sisters and looked at the dining table. “woah.” You let out a breath.

The table was scattered with rose petals and there were two plates of main courses on the table, with one on each side. “Do you think…” You started. “…that they did all these for us? Most likely.” Ljoe continued and gulped. The place was decorated really beautifully, even with romantic candles on the floor to lead the way towards the dining table.

“Well, we can’t let all these go to waste right?” You grinned and Ljoe smiled. “Of course. After you, my lady.” He curtsied in an exaggerated manner and you played along with him by holding your dress and curtseying as well. “Why, thank you, my lord.” Both of you laughed and you walked towards the dining table hand in hand.

“This is really good!” You exclaimed when you ate your smoked salmon. Ljoe dug into his steak as well and agreed. “They can open a restaurant with this!” And he wasn’t too far from the truth; the food the professor prepared for that night was really that good.

After polishing the plate off, you sat back in your chair, contented. “Why do you think the professor did this?” Ljoe asked as he drank a sip of water. “Probably for us to spend our last day together.” You shrugged. “Which reminds me, what does he talk to you about everytime he asks you to go up to his office?” Ljoe looked around and flashed an awkward smile, seemingly uneasy. (you really at acting, Lee Byunghun) “Oh look, there’s DVDs on the coffee table! Do you want to watch one? Since we still have time before they come back.” Before you could even reply him, he shot up and grabbed the packet of instant popcorn off the shelf. “It’s settled then! Go choose a movie, I’ll make the popcorn!” He started making himself busy and you sighed, unhappy that he changed the topic so fast. You gave up and went to the living room to choose a movie as what Ljoe suggested and he heaved a sigh of relief.

You randomly picked one and plopped yourself on the couch while waiting for Ljoe to come out with the popcorn. Just as the movie’s about to start, Ljoe came out with a bowl and settled beside you. “What are we watching?” You popped a popcorn in your mouth.

“Madagascar 3.” You grinned and Ljoe groaned. “Seriously? Can’t we watch another movie?” He pouted and you held out the choices of DVDs that were laid out on the table. “I’m sorry, but there’s only, Madagascar 1,2, 3, Cinderella, Tangled, or the Powerpuff Girls Movie. And I’m pretty sure the last 3 movies aren’t your taste.” You stifled a laugh and Ljoe grumbled. “Why not we just watch tv instead?” He immediately brightened at the suggestion and nodded. *TV is better than any of those.*

You snuggled into Ljoe’s embrace, holding the popcorn bowl and occasionally popping a few into Ljoe’s mouth. “I wish we can stay like this forever.” Ljoe mumbled into your hair and you smiled softly. *Me too.*

Time past quite quickly and before you knew it, it was around 11:30. Just then, the jingling of keys outside the door made you sit up. Ljoe mumbled something along the lines of being home too early and you went over to the door to greet them.

“How could you guys leave after asking us over for dinner?!” You screamed, startling your sisters and the professor. But they all recovered quite quickly and pushed past you to get in. “Did you like the dinner?” Hyejung asked from the kitchen. “Yes, a lot. But-“ “Then that’s enough unnie.” Jungmi cut your words off and patted your head before going up the stairs.

“Oh, Byunghun-ah, I have something to ask you later, but meanwhile I have something to attend to first, so make yourselves at home.” The professor smiled and went up the stairs as well, followed by the rest. You looked at their disappearing figures and shrugged. “Weird family.” You concluded and went back to the couch and into Ljoe’s warm embrace.

You didn’t even realize it was already midnight till the professor suddenly ran down, making a lot of noise along the way. “Well it’s 12! Meaning the contract between you and Byul is over!” He announced and a sudden sadness rushed over you.

Ljoe stood up and faced the professor. “Well, since the contract is over, I would like to ask for your permission to woo Hanbyul, sir.” You looked at him with surprise all over your face but he just squeezed your hand that was still in his to let you know that he knows what he was doing.

“Oh don’t need to be so formal.” The professor waved his hands. “Before I answer your question, answer a few of mine first. First of all, after spending 100 days with Byul, how does it feel like taking care of her? I know this daughter of mine can be a bit hard to manage.”

“Every day that was spent with her was wonderful. I like taking care of her, no matter how hard it is. And I would like to continue taking care of her. If not who else would know that she can’t take nuts and that she must need someone to cover her with blankets at night because she would kick them away?” Your eyes widened and tears start gathering in your eyes. You felt loved, and it was a different love from the professor’s and your sisters’. The professor smiled, pleased and turned to you. “What about you, Byul?”

“I feel the same way. And I feel really happy when I’m with him.” The professor nodded and slowly broke into a grin. “You have my permission, then, Byunghun. But don’t you dare to hurt her, arrasseo?” He warned and Ljoe nodded. “Of course I won’t.” He got the approval!! He scooped you in his arms and twirled around. “He approves! Byul, he approves! We can be together for real now!” He screamed and you laughed.

That night, you were allowed to stay with Ljoe for one more night before moving back with the professor. Although he asked you to stay since it was quite late, you insisted on going back. Your sisters came out of hiding after Ljoe’s declaration and gave you their congratulations. The professor watched you walk home with Ljoe with a permanent smile on your faces and sighed softly. “I did my job. I can trust your son to take care of my daughter, right? You can rest in peace now, Byunghee.” 

 

 

~~~~~

i didn't re-read it so pardon any mistakes! ohohoho updated! I wanted to update during the weekends but I reached 200 subscribers today for this fic so here's an update as a thanks to you lovely readers for subscribing!!! I'm still learning and I really appreciate it that you guys like my story. I love you guys!! and many many thanks to the 12 people who upvoted this story. It means a lot to me really. LOVE YOU!!!!! <3333