27.

Girlfriend For Sale

 

The next morning, you woke up extra early to prepare breakfast for Ljoe after Teen Top left. You took out whatever edible ingredients from the fridge and put on the pink apron hanging on the wall next to the blue one. “Aja aja hwaiting!” You fist pumped and got to work.

 

Ljoe woke up to the nice smell of food and went down. He saw your figure cooking by the stove and remembered that on the first day of school (for you), you cooked breakfast for him as well, but after that, you hadn’t cooked for him anymore because you were busy sleeping. He chuckled and wanted to go over to hug you, but he remembered what happened last night as well, and held himself back.

He went over to the fridge to get some juice and you saw him. “Good morning oppa!” You smiled widely and he fought the urge to smile back. You scooped out the last piece of bacon and placed it on the table. “Let’s eat!” You went over and pull him over to sit down.

He picked up the utensils and started eating and you looked at him expectantly. “So? Is it good?” He swallowed and nodded slightly, before eating another mouthful. You smiled and just drank juice. Ljoe noticed you didn’t cook anything for yourself and finally opened his mouth to talk to you. “Aren’t you eating?” You looked up and shook your head. “I’m fine with just juice.” He stood up and went to take a plate and sat back down again. You looked at him as he took some of his food and placed it on the other plate and put it in front of you. “Eat. Even though we’re not doing much today doesn’t mean you don’t need the energy.” He said and ate another mouth. You softened at how he cared for you and started eating as well.

After breakfast, he put his plate in the sink and was about to leave the kitchen when you pulled him back. “Wait! I… I’m sorry, for last night. I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want you to worry. And it wasn’t Ricky’s fault either! So don’t be so hard on him; he’s just a kid. I know I should’ve told you everything that happened last night but I just couldn’t find the right time and-“ You rambled on and he cut you off with a hug. “I’m sorry for losing my temper like that, too. It’s just… I’m worried about you. Good thing Sunwoong was there last night.” He sighed. He hated to admit it, but he had to thank Sunwoong for appearing in the nick of time last night. “Yeah. I’m sorry. I’ll tell you everything next time, okay?” You held out your pinky and he chuckled and linked his pinky with yours. “I should probably go apologise to Ricky as well, I think I scared him last night.” “I’ll go with you!” He smiled, nodded and went up to change and so did you.

You took a 20 minute long bus ride and soon reached the front of Ricky’s house, which he shared with Changjo and CAP. He rang the doorbell and stood nervously as he awaited for someone to open the door. Ljoe rarely apologized, and this was one of the rare times. You noticed his nervousness and squeezed his hand to assure him that everything would be fine.

“I’ll get it!” Ricky shouted and ran over to open the door. “Who is it- oh.” Ricky’s smile faded when he saw you and Ljoe standing in front of the door. “Hi Ljoe hyung, noona.” He greeted meekly. Ljoe sighed. “Look Ricky, I’m sorry for flaring up on you last night. I was just worried for Byul’s safety. I’m sure you tried your best in protecting her. Sorry for shouting at you.” He apologized and Ricky looked shocked. “Hyung-“ “So are we cool again?” Tears welled up in Ricky’s eyes and he flew over to engulf Ljoe in a big hug. “I’m sorry, hyung. I should have taken better care of noona. You were right in scolding me. I’m sorry.” He cried and Ljoe patted his back. “It’s okay. What matters is everyone is safe, right?” Ricky nodded and let go of Ljoe. “So we’re cool?” Ljoe held out a hand and Ricky chuckled. “Yeah we’re cool,” He placed his hand in Ljoe’s hand and did a special handshake. CAP and Changjo saw what happened from the top of the stairs and smiled to each other before sending a message to Chunji and Niel.

 

They made up, everything’s back to normal now.