26.

Girlfriend For Sale

 

He was the last person you would expect to show up and help you. He punched each drunk once in the face and they scrambled off as fast as they could. After making sure that they really left, he walked towards you and bent down to your level. “Are you okay?” He held your shoulders and checked you for any scratches. “I’m fine. Thanks, for just now.” You said softly. “I was just passing by.” He shrugged. “Why didn’t you run away?” he frowned and you pointed at your now swollen ankle. “Woah what happened?” “That happened.” You pointed at the step in front of the convenience store and he chuckled. “You slipped on that? Seriously?” You pouted and glared at him. “Hey! I’m born clumsy, I can’t help it.” He laughed. “Why are you here alone so late anyway?” He asked and just as you were about to answer him, Ricky appeared. “Noona! I don’t know which medicine is best so I bought a fe- oh! Aren’t you Kim Sunwoong?” Ricky tilted his head and asked. “What are you doing to noona?” He asked when he saw Sunwoong’s hands still on your shoulder. He let go and stood up, towering about a head above Ricky. “Your noona almost got by three drunkards. Did you come out with her? Why did you leave her alone on the streets?” Sunwoong reprimanded and Ricky’s eyes widened. “What?!! Noona why didn’t you call for me! Are you okay?!” He rushed to your side. “I did, 5 times. But you didn’t come out. Thank god Sunwoong was nearby.” You smiled gratefully at Sunwoong and he waved it off. “You did?! B-but I didn’t hear anything… Oh god now hyung is really gonna kill me!! I’m so sorry noona! I was supposed to protect you but I wasn’t even there when you needed me. I should’ve just let Ljoe hyung come with you! I can’t even protect you!” Ricky cried and you patted his head. “It’s not your fault, the glass’ probably soundproof, that’s why you didn’t hear me just now. The more important thing is that I’m fine now, right? Cmon, let’s go back before they send a search party looking for us.” You told him and he nodded. “Are you sure you can walk?” Sunwoong asked and you nodded. “I think so.” You tried standing up again but you fell back down on the floor. Sunwoong rolled his eyes, shoved Ricky aside and kneeled down in front of you, with his back facing you. Your eyes widened. “What are you doing?” “Get on, I’ll send you home. I doubt he can carry you back anyway.” He said and you hesitated. He sighed, pulled your arms over his shoulders and started piggybacking you. Ricky didn’t argue since he knew he was right and just followed the both of you.

You gave Sunwoong directions and soon you arrived in front of Ljoe’s house. “This is your house? He asked. “Well, it’s Byunghun’s, but we’re having a sleepover party here today.” You answered. “Shouldn’t you be going home instead? I’m sure they’ll understand you missing out on it.” “Uh… it’s fine. I want to be here.” You told him, trying hard to not let him know that you actually stay with Ljoe. He shrugged and knocked on the door. “Suit yourself.”

“What too- What are you doing here?” Chunji opened it and was shocked that Sunwoong was at the door since he was expecting you and Ricky. He eyed Sunwoong and noticed you were on his back. “Why are you carrying her? Where’s Ricky?” Chunji fired. “I’m here!” Ricky appeared from behind. “She sprained her ankle and I happened to pass by so I helped them. Can I go in and put her down now?” He said and Chunji stepped aside for him to go in. He went towards the couch and placed you down gently, careful not to touch your ankle in any way. Ljoe came out of the kitchen and saw you with Sunwoong and ran over immediately. “Why are you with them?” He asked Sunwoong and the latter sighed, wondering how many times must he repeat the story. You caught on and helped him explain. “You sprained your ankle?! What happened?! Didn’t Ricky protect you?! Aish that idiot I’m gon-“ “Calm down!” You told him and he looked at you. “It wasn’t his fault, I slipped by myself.” You were careful not to mention the ‘almost-being-’ case to him. “Fine. Thanks for your help, you can go now.” Ljoe said curtly and Ricky followed him to the door. “Thanks for your help today, Sunwoong hyung.” He bowed and Sunwoong smiled slightly. “No problem. Just remember not to mention the thing that almost happened to your other hyungs if you don’t want them to worry and kill you.” He reminded and Ricky nodded. “Arrasseo. Bye!” He waved until Sunwoong was out of sight and closed the door. *Maybe he isn’t that bad after all.*

“are you okay?” Ljoe bent down and took your swollen ankle in his hands. You winced slightly in pain and he frowned. “Why are you so careless?” He sighed and took out a bottle of ointment from the bag of medicine Ricky bought just now.

“I’ve always been clumsy. I can even trip on flat grounds.” You grumbled and Ljoe chuckled. “You idiot. Be careful next time. I’ll go with you next time so nothing like this happen again alright?” You smiled and nodded. “Okay!”

“So where are the snacks?” Niel asked and Ricky gasped. “Oh no! I must’ve left it on the floor just now when I was checking noona for any scratches made by the drunk- oops!” Ricky caught himself but it was too late; Ljoe caught it and faced him. “What did you say? Drunkards?” He asked and Ricky laughed nervously. “No! Not drunkards! What made you think I said drunkards?” You glared at Ricky for being so careless and he gave you an apologetic look. “Yoo Changhyun you better tell me everything if not you’re gonna die.” Ljoe said menacingly and he sighed. “Fine…” He explained everything and just as he thought, Ljoe was gonna kill him. “YAH YOO CHANGHYUN YOU CAN’T EVEN TAKE CARE OF YOUR SISTER-IN-LAW?!!” He roared and you limped over to calm him down. “Relax, oppa! I’m fine now, see? And the sprain was caused by the accidental slip, it has nothing to do with them. Besides, Sunwoong helped me.” You told him and he sighed. “What if he wasn’t there to save you, huh? Are you just gonna get like that? I shouldn’t have trusted him to protect you.” He glared at Ricky and the latter winced and looked away. “I’m sorry. Don’t be mad, eo?” You pouted and held his arms but he just shrugged it away and stomped up the stairs and slammed the door. Everyone flinched and CAP, who fell asleep while waiting for you two to come back, jolted awake and saw everyone frozen in their spots with worried expressions. “Did something happen?”

 

~~~~~

weeeeheeee double updated~ ^~^v it was supposed to be one chapter, but it got longer and longer so I decided to split it into two chapters instead, although this chapter is fairly long as well. anywho, hoped you enjoyed this two long updates! ooo Ljoe is mad >: comment and subscribe! I love you guys <33