30.

Girlfriend For Sale

 

During the week that Minhye was recuperating in the hospital, Sunwoong took this chance to get closer to you. He tried talking to you in class by making some friendly conversation and you got to know each other better.

You were getting so used to not seeing Minhye class that you got a shock when she showed up on Wednesday. You and Sunwoong were chatting happily until she strutted in, getting gasps and whisperings from everyone in school because she had a wrist brace.

“So the rumours were true? That she got hit by her ex?” You overheard one of your classmates telling another and your ears perked up. “Really? I heard she was trying to seduce a gangster when his girlfriend showed up and got into a catfight with her!” You shook your head and opened up your notebook to write down the information that was on the board.

After school, Sunwoong said bye to you and you were packing your bag while waiting for Ljoe to come and fetch you when Minhye came over to you. You looked to your left and noticed that Sunwoong was already gone when he had only said bye a second ago. You looked up and mentally rolled your eyes. “What do you want, Minhye? I swear I have nothing to do with S-“ “I’d like to declare a war with you; for Ljoe’s feelings.” She smirked at you with her piercing eyes and you stopped mid-sentence.

“What? I don’t think I caught that correctly.” You said and she nodded her head. “No, you heard right. From now on, you’ll be my rival-in-love for Ljoe.” You gave her a weird look and scoffed before continuing packing your bag. Seeing the lack of response from you, she kicked one of the table legs, making your attention turn back to her. “Did you not hear what I’ve said?” She frowned and you rolled your eyes. “I thought you liked Sunwoong? And that he was your ‘boyfriend’?”

“That was before. After Ljoe saved me from my near-death experience, I’ve decided to give myself to him as a sign of gratitude! No one had ever saved me or treat me that nice before.” She looked at you and raised one of her eyebrows. “Well, I guess you’re kinda nice to me as well, but sorry, I’m gonna get Ljoe to be mine.” She said with determination and you gaped at her. *She’s serious. HOLY WTF IS WRONG WITH HER OPPA SHOULDN’T HAVE SAVED HER.* You shook that thought out of your head and frowned. “So what about Sunwoong?”

“I see that he likes you. So why not you go out with Sunwoong and give Ljoe to me?” She answered brightly as if that was the most accurate answer ever. “Besides, you and Ljoe are just a fake couple right?” She shrugged and looked at her nails. “I don’t know why he chose you out of the other girls, but who cares; he’s gonna be mine after your 100 days with him is over.”

Your jaw dropped even further, if that’s even possible. *How did she know about this!* “I have my ways of getting people’s background.” She smirked at you. “And apparently I dug out a very nice secret about you.” You tried staying calm and put on your pokerface, but you can’t help but feel a bit fidgety about it. “There’s so many girls in this school, with me as the prettiest. I don’t get why must he go to some girlfriend shop and buy you.” She looked at you from head to toe in distaste and you frowned. “But nonetheless, since you only can spend 100 days with him, I’ll just let you enjoy your time with him and endure for that 3 months. After that, Ljoe will be completely mine.” She smiled innocently and popped a lollipop into with her good hand.

“What are you doing to her again, Minhye.” Ljoe said menacingly and came over to your side, glaring at her and putting his arm over your shoulder to pull you closer to him. She shrugged and took out the lollipop. “I’ve said my piece already. Enjoy your time together.” She half smirked, ate the lollipop and left with her bag.

Once you saw her disappear around the corner, you let out a breath that you didn’t even know you were holding. Ljoe noticed your troubled expression and nudged you gently. “Is something wrong? What did Minhye say?” He asked, concerned. You just shook your head and gave a small smile. “I’m fine, just craving for ice-cream.” Ljoe knew something was up and it had something to do with Minhye, but since you didn’t want to say, he didn’t push further either. “Arrasseo, let’s go get ice-cream.” He gave you a heart-stopping smile, grabbed your hand with his and left the school with you to the parlour where Minwoo was working.

 

~~~~~

eep sorry! I have a lot of homework and assignments lately >: anyways, hope you guys like this chapter~ it's not exactly a good chapter to me as I kinda rushed it out but hope you guys are okay with it nonetheless (: i'll only update probably once a week so be patient! comment and subscribe as well! <333 thanks! <: i love you guys <333