Chapter 8

Loving My Stranger Husband

In the car, you sat in the front sit next to Sunggyu. As you hummed a happy tone while watching the road. Sunggyu would look at you every once a while and laugh quietly. 

 
"What?"you frowned at him, folding your arms at the same time as you looked at him. 
 
Sunggyu looked at you again and smiled,"Why are you so happy that we're painting the room purple?"he asked. 
 
You rolled your eyes and looked back to the road,"Cause when i had my room last time, appa didn't allow me to paint my room purple." 
 
"Why?"he asked. 
 
You brought your thumb to your lip and chewed on it,"Cause there were too much things in my room to be removed if i want i paint my room. My room was in lime green,"you told him. 
 
Sunggyu nodded,"I see.."he murmurred. 
 
Since the house that you and Sunggyu lived in was somewhere further away from the town side, it was a long ride. You kept dozing off every now and then. But each time you wake up, you'll always see that long stretch of road that has no building nearby except one or two gas stations. 
 
The fifth time you woke up, you looked at Sunggyu quietly as he had a serious look on his face while driving. 
 
"Why don't you on the radio or something? Isn't it boring?"you asked as you start fidgetting with the button on the dashboard. 
 
"I don't really listen to radio. I don't like to disturb the radio,"Sunggyu glanced once at the radio and then back at the radio.
 
You made a sarcastic 'pffftttt' and looked out the window as you said to yourself,"You're so different from him." 
 
"Him?"Sunggyu looked at you,"who is that?" 
 
"Someone i love,"you scoffed. 
 
"I'm different from him?"he points to himself,"then how is he like?" 
 
You turned you head sharp at him,"He is the most iest guy on earth. He has good fashion sense,"you paused and looked at Sunggyu from top to bottom,"and he has this sense of humor which you don't. And he is the most dorkiest guy you would want to fall in love with. The cutest of all,"you praised Himchan as high as the heavens, thinking about his bunny smiles and awkward aegyos. 
 
Remembering how you always secretly went out to meet him in the gardens and let him fall asleep on your lap with your his soft black hair. Himchan always said that you were the most expensive treasure he ever owned. How he had wrapped his arms around your waist and spin you in the air while both of you were strolling in the park. Pushing him into the rain and run around like kids, playing catchings. 
 
Without realising, you were staring into empty space while playing all those sweet memories you have of both of you. 
 
"Yeon Woo?"Sunggyu waved his hand infront of your face,"did you hear me?"he asked. 
 
You blinked as you stepped out of your own thoughts and looked at him,"What?"
 
"Was he at our wedding?"he asked.
 
The sound of 'our wedding' made you tensed up a little. Our wedding? It was an unwilling wedding for you. 
 
"No.. He wasn't there,"you said sadly. 
 
"Then what happened between you and him?"Sunggyu asked curiously. 
 
You looked at Sunggyu and grinned alone like an idiot. 
 
"He left,"you responded in your heart,"he left when i told him i was getting married. He disappeared."