Chapter 4

Loving My Stranger Husband

The rays of sunlight shine through the balcony door, blinding you. When you opened your eyes slightly, you found an empty spot next to you. Sunggyu was gone. A light sigh escaped your mouth, remembering the fact that you were a wife to Kim Sunggyu. 

 
"Goodmorning ma'am,"Rina greeted you cheerfully as she entered the room with a tray of food,"Sir has asked me to deliver some food for you. Will croissant and latte be fine for you or would you like something else?"placing the tray nicely on the coffee table, which you didn't realise last night. 
 
Pushing your long hair back from your face, you smiled and nodded,"Thank Rina,"then you got up and walked to the sofa infront of the coffee table. 
 
"Is there anything you want, ma'am?"she asked, still smiling. 
 
"No.. Errr wait, where is Sunggyu?"you asked, it was still early yet he already left. 
 
Rina took out a small cloth and wiped the table as she told you,"Sir is a workaholic. He could wake up as early as 6am to go to work and can come back as late as 3am. I don't know if he's a human or robot,"she let out a squeaky laugh. 
 
You smiled,"I see." 
 
While you were enjoying your breakfast, Rina was quietly cleaning the room. And after breakfast, you went to take a shower. While in the shower, you thought alone. 
 
"What should i do now that i'm married and alone in the house?"playing with the water bubbles. 
 
"Should i go and explore the house?"you pouted and thought,"no.. After that it would be boring.. Then should i watch television?"you looked up at the ceiling,"no.. It's the same as rotting in the house,"as you bit your lip, you waited for an idea to pop in your head. But when nothing comes up, you frowned,"Nothing's coming in! What do i do?"you frowned. 
 
Once you were done bathing, you slipped out of the shower room and put on your clothes. The room was clean already when you came out of the bathroom. So you took a comb and combed your hair as you left the room. When you were out in the hallway, there was one room on your right and one room on your left. So you decided to see the room on the right first. 
 
It was an empty room. But there was a queen sized bed and a dressing table. Like a woman's room but the colours of the wall were a little dull, dark blue. Since the door was opened, you only had to peep in. After that you went to see another one, it was more of Sunggyu's personal office room at home. A cery workable type of room that has a desk and a comfortable chair inside. Then there were drawers at the side of the desk and a few stacks of files on the desk. 
 
"Ma'am?"Rina's voice made you jump up a little. She giggled seeing your reaction,"I thought that you would be bored in the house. Would you like a little tour around the house?"she asked. 
 
"Tour? Is the house that big?"you asked but you just followed Rina from behind as she already started walking. 
 
"Yes ma'am, the house is big. Incase you didn't realise when you entered the house yesterday. There is this door on the left,"she explained as you came down the stairs,"that door leads to many different types of room." 
 
While walking down the stairs, you heard laughter coming from the dining room. You looked at Rina questioningly,"Who is that?"you asked about the laughter that you heard. 
 
"Oh that? The mother of the house Mi Yun ma'am and the lady is Ga Yun ma'am along with Yu Han sir. They are Sir's step family,"Rina explained. 
 
"Step family? How come i never see them yesterday?"you asked. 
 
Rina bit her lip and her nostrils flared up,"They just arrived in Korea yesterday, ma'am so they didn't get to attend the wedding yesterday." 
 
"I see,"you said quietly. 
 
Just then, someone called out,"Oh! Daughter in law!!"someone called out to you from somewhere. You and Rina turned towards the direction of the voice. It was a lady who looks old enough to be a mother. She had greyish hair that was bunned up. Even at such age, she had dark make up to cover up her wrinkles. Next to her was another lady, younger lady who seems of an age that was atleast 5 years older than you. 
 
"Daughter in law.."the lady, supposingly your step mother in law, walked up to you,"congratulations on your wedding yesterday. I'm sorry i couldn't attend it because of some delays with the flight,"she apologised.
 
Just looking from the way she spoke, there was a sense of sarcasm in her voice but you didn't think too much of it. 
 
"It's okay,"you forced a smile. 
 
"I heard from Sunggyu, you come from a wealthy family.. That explains the expensive pearl ear rings you have here,"she swiped your damp hair behind your ear and took a closer look at your pearl ear ring. 
 
It was a real pearl that was very rare to find. Polished and made into an ear ring and was a gift by your parents on your seventeenth birthday. Many of your accessories were indeed expensive and because you love accessories, your parents have brought a whole box of jewelries for you as a wedding gift. 
 
"A daughter should appreciate the taste of her parents,"she started as she touched your hair. Whereas, Ga Yun roughly flipped your hair back to get her chance of seeing your ear rings clearer,"and a daughter should also obey her parents, besides her husband. Why don't you hand me over your jewelries and then you can ask from me whenever you need them." 
 
You turned a sharp eye towards her,"Hand you my jewelries? Why should i do that? I can take care of my own belongings,"you said. 
 
But your step mother in law stared at you with eagle eyes,"I am the head of the house and the house goes according to my rules. So if i say something, the order is expected to be followed." 
 
You being you, was stubborn,"In my life, i don't follow rules. I make my own rules and go according to my own rules." 
 
"Eomma.. She's a !"Ga Yun said to her mother without taking her eyes off you. 
 
Your eyes turned to Ga Yun, who looked like she was going to eat you up alive,"What? What did you say?"you gritted your teeth. 
 
But mama decides to back her daughter up and took a step forward,"I said.."you step mother in law was about to say something when she paused and her gaze went pass you,"Oh.. What did i say?"suddenly her sarcasm voice turned into a pitiful tone as she walked pass you. 
 
Your eyes followed to where she walked to when you realised that Sunggyu had entered the house and stopped at the staircase when he realised the commotion. 
 
"Who am i? Besides a mother, i'm a step mother whom people always thought i am,"she said while walking towards Sunggyu, looking so depressed suddenly. 
 
Sunggyu looked at her and asked,"What's wrong, eomma?" 
 
"Sungyu-ah.. I'm just an old lady who rather die than being raised voice at,"then she cupped Sunggyu's face,"even my own children never raised their own voice at me when i give out orders." 
 
The clueless Sunggyu looked at you and then at his step mother,"What order?"he asked quietly. 
 
"As the guard of the house, i asked her to leave her jewelries with me for safekeeping incase the house servants are not trustworthy.. But then, she accused me of wanting to keep them for myself and barked at me, scolding me.. Omona.."she pretended to be so upset about it. 
 
"What? Was it me who accused you or was it both of you abusing me? Why are you acting?"you were in the middle of explaining when Sunggyu cut through.
 
He raised a hand and looked at you, speaking softly,"Yeon Woo-ah, apologised to eomma." 
 
You were tongue-tied when he took their sides. So you rebel by folding your arms and turning your back to him,"Why should i? I didn't do anything." 
 
Sunggyu sighed quietly,"Just apologised to eomma." 
 
Hearing those words makes you sick. How can a guy, all grown up like Sunggyu still be so dumb not to see the fake pretendings? 
 
You spunned around and looked at him. One word came out of your mouth,"No!"and with that, you ran up the stairs to your room.